hacked not sure how...

Joewho

5 minutes ago, grand said:

Bro, are we in the same forum? All you guys did is slander him for 4 pages...

1 minute ago, 🔥Master Throne Crimson🔥 said:

Well I can't help you there, again I was more speaking for myself than others.

crimson is pretty respectful idk why you chose him out of everyone to quote 

2 minutes ago, Bananas said:

it does seem targeted against loz

Regardless if it is or not, its upsetting both ways. Guy lost items, loz losing more money again

im really just interested in the how in how this happened

With the entire thing that happened with gladiator and the CSGO sites, im inclined to believe anything is possible at this point. I had my IP doxxed by answering a steam call lol

• Astonished 1

2 minutes ago, Beaser said:

With all the craze and ethics going on, we are kinda straying with the fact that a collector got his items hijacked and we do not know exactly why. This is not an api issue as since the api is there to view incoming trades, not to accept, cancel, or decline.

💯 

I have dogshit items but I still don’t want them stolen 😂 would love to know what specifically got exploited 

Just now, Lucyfer said:

Regardless if it is or not, its upsetting both ways. Guy lost items, loz losing more money again

What exactly is causing loz to lose more money

idk why you chose him out of everyone to quote

Nah I understand that part, I'm the only one who responded

Just now, Khailby said:

the fact that he just paid like 4000 usd to some random guy who broke into an account?? lol like

Just now, Lucyfer said:

I had my IP doxxed by answering a steam call lol

new age nightmares, cant even answer a steam call or join a game server without someone getting ur ip, and those in game ip grabs are ancient compared to todays bs

Just now, Lucyfer said:

the fact that he just paid like 4000 usd to some random guy who broke into an account?? lol like

Yeah but hes making the money back by selling the hats back to the guy for the same price he paid the scammer..?

1 minute ago, Bananas said:

I have dogshit items but I still don’t want them stolen 😂 would love to know what specifically got exploited 

Steam's own 2FA is exploited, the sim swap is a way to gain access to it.

new age nightmares, cant even answer a steam call or join a game server without someone getting ur ip, and those in game ip grabs are ancient compared to todays bs

VPN helps against all that, right? Seems like its becoming more and more of a necessity

1 minute ago, Khailby said:

he dropped $ on some hats trying to make some profit to offset his recent losses, and just got cooked for it 

money went to a bad actor, victim a has lost hats and victim b now is stuck with “hot goods” 

7 minutes ago, Lucyfer said:

literally my thoughts after reading that it was loz lol

Why did you think that exactly? Chat logs don't show up anything suspicious, the trade offers were sent from the real account and not some weird impersonator account, and loz is working on finding a way to fix this.

If anything this looks more hassle than it's worth for him, since he now has thousands of dollars locked behind items he can't sell.

I'd imagine once Jewmadbro gets to the bottom of the situation he will update back here, alot of us can really only assume its sim swap after he confirmed he only uses mobile auth

1 minute ago, 🔥Master Throne Crimson🔥 said:

VPN helps against all that, right? Seems like its becoming more and more of a necessity

i would hope so. All the youtubers I watch are getting sponsored by surfshark, looking more and more like a good deal to take 👍

he dropped $ on some hats trying to make some profit to offset his recent losses, and just got cooked for it 

money went to a bad actor, victim a has lost hats and victim b now is stuck with “hot goods” 

Aside from the money going to the bad actor, the hats are supposed to be going back to jew for the same price he paid the scammer. only person who loses is jew, except jew loses far less than he could have because loz did pay the scammer QS prices

i called my phone company no resent changes on the account they said

i have not had access to my account email , mail.com deleted for inactivity ( just changed to new email )

my sms authentication was working fine , couple days prior to hack

was a mobile authentication bypass

2 minutes ago, Khailby said:

Yeah but hes making the money back by selling the hats back to the guy for the same price he paid the scammer..?

Well, we'll see what agreement they will reach, at the end of the day that isn't the most important part, the most important part is figuring out what caused the hack. The sim card one is the most likely explanation atm, but I think we all wanna hear something more official, since if its something completely new then thats scary.

1 minute ago, Joewho said:

i have not had access to my account email , mail.com deleted for inactivity ( just changed to new email )

whatever it is, its something new and maybe we should be afraid of it

still no answer from steam support

you probably wont get anything there lol

anything helpful, atleast

Gather all of these in document or picture evidence to forward on your steam support ticket, looks like they'll have to escalate and get to the bottom of it. Who knows? Could be something new, I guess you already deleted and wiped authentication so you wouldn't be able to check your steam account history to see where it was accessed from? If you still have that data and it only shows your IPs I'd guess someone is remotely accessing your devices.

3 minutes ago, Joewho said:

So you know how you got hacked?

2 minutes ago, Littlepudintater said:

check your steam account history to see where it was accessed from? If you still have that data and it only shows your IPs I'd guess someone is remotely accessing your devices.

image.png.6a448d6fcc2d200adfbc33a19d71c3f9.png

had this a couple weeks ago

gotta read all posts, however why would scammer took some of the items instead of the whole bp? guess nobody is safe.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Littlepudintater said:

so you didn’t keep your email updated that would have alerted you to this earlier 

By mobile authentication bypass do you mean the device was changed or someone managed to remotely accept the trade from your phone