hacked not sure how...

Joewho

1 hour ago, Simple said:

Do you use steam inventory helper? Do you have any tampermonkey extension for trading?

I use Julia script (I think), should i remove my extensions?..

Just now, Littlepudintater said:

https://steamcommunity.com/dev/apikey @Joewho check if you have something issued out to deactivate, really looking like you just had someone else in your account for days and you completely were unaware 😭

in the first post he said he revoked API, tho it wasnt stated if it was a key they intentionally made and used or not

1 minute ago, Heidecker said:

Not saying that paypal chargeback would be a good option here if it was really a scammer, but...

It is possible however in the screenshots Loz mentioned that he's doing f&f, which is harder to chargeback if I remember correctly.

like that convo has quite a few red flags it reads off as a scammer trying to get quick cash i would have been suspicious

jewmadbros steam profile says "damn it feels good to be Caucasian"

and the money was sent to "Katie Nguyen"

could be a joke but this steam profile looks like a nerdy guys profile to me, that would have thrown me for a loop and had me suspicious

• Like 2

1 minute ago, loz said:

How does this happen with steam authentication?

I think using the API key directly to initiate trades bypasses auth? Not sure, I could be entirely wrong lol

Just now, Derpyyyy said:

I think using the API key directly to initiate trades bypasses auth? Not sure, I could be entirely wrong lol

No

18 minutes ago, karma miguel said:

I use Julia script (I think), should i remove my extensions?..

That one is fine IIRC, steam inv helper was compromised(?) a few years back and asking if there's a random script is just another possibility of the attack vector.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FP jh34ghu43gu said:

That one is fine IIRC, steam inv helper was compromised(?) a few years back and asking if there's a random script is just another possibility of the attack vector.

Wouldn't say 'compromised', ownership changed and they started asking for permissions like accessing your site history and stuff for it to work

16 minutes ago, N.J said:

Browser extensions don't confirm trades for u? I don't know why that's the hot topic in here.

read something a while ago. I cant remember exactly what it was, but it had something to do with SIH causing people to get hacked.

Kind of weird that they’d opt to trade away only a few things too. You’d assume a hacker would try to take everything.

I don't get how some high tier traders can get away with buying all these stolen goods all the time from Discord.

Users with unbalanced/suspect inventories or those looking to dump for cash for next to nothing... No flags at all, and no repercussion for buying stolen goods and reselling it. 

7 minutes ago, AKiMiSO said:

I don't get how some high tier traders can get away with buying all these stolen goods all the time from Discord.

Users with unbalanced/suspect inventories or those looking to dump for cash for next to nothing... No flags at all, and no repercussion for buying stolen goods and reselling it. 

Yeah you're right we should ban loz he cant keep getting away with buying shit when people ask him to buy shit

1 hour ago, Littlepudintater said:

Yeah you're right we should ban loz he cant keep getting away with buying shit when people ask him to buy shit

all depends on the person, we don't have information to judge this case.

account with a few thousand dollars of unusuals acquired in the last day and nothing else of value is sus

people who have been around know this, but hey the check rules don't go into that...

i dont use tamper monkey or inventory helper

i use a mobile authentication not desktop, i never even got a mobile auth. to accept trades

im not vary active in tradeing so i did not notice items missing right away

guess im lucky hacker had bad taste....  

i still think it has something to do with the new steam user inteface...

3 hours ago, AKiMiSO said:

Well after losing so much in the gladiator hack, I guess loz will take any profit he can. However thats besides the point, this is very scary, Jew isn't someone who would get hacked unless its something genuinely brand new and fresh.

• Confused 2

7 minutes ago, 🔥Master Throne Crimson🔥 said:

Well after losing so much in the gladiator hack, I guess loz will take any profit he can. However thats besides the point, this is very scary, Jew isn't someone who would get hacked unless its something genuinely brand new and fresh.

From my perspective this is someone approaching me looking to cash out a few items. The trades originated from Joe’s steam account.