hacked not sure how...

Joewho

3 minutes ago, loz said:

From my perspective this is someone approaching me looking to cash out a few items.

Literally speaking, that'd be anyone's perspective. Now whether or not that someone is carrying a red flag or two, is different.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 🔥Master Throne Crimson🔥 said:

Literally speaking, that'd be anyone's perspective. Now whether or not that someone is carrying a red flag or two, is different.

I’m not sure what red flags there would be. The trades came from the correct account; it’s a reasonable conclusion that I’m also speaking to the account owner. All things considered, this was a very typical cash trade.

Edited by loz
, —> ;

11 minutes ago, loz said:

I’m not sure what red flags there would be. The trades came from the correct account; it’s a reasonable conclusion that I’m also speaking to the account owner. All things considered, this was a very typical cash trade.

Oh my bad, so the discord account you were interacting with had Jew's steam account connected to it?

11 minutes ago, loz said:

All things considered, this was a very typical cash trade.

Wait, cash trades with a profit margin as high as on the aforementioned one are very typical? That is also my bad.

Edited by 🔥Master Throne Crimson🔥
  • Like 3

Just now, 🔥Master Throne Crimson🔥 said:

Oh my bad, so the discord account you were interacting with had Jew's steam account connected to it?

No, but the trades came from Joe’s account and had Joe’s items. There’s nothing to indicate I’m not speaking to Joe.

• Like 1

I don't know why everyone here is dogpiling on loz when
A). He is apparently currently trying to sort everything out with this user
B). There weren't really any red flags, when you do so many cash trades like loz does, you don't exactly have 30 minutes to spend verifying account ownership
C). Some of the posters are terminal-grade forum users and ain't really in a position to be condescending
and D). The incoming trades weren't from an impersonator account. They came FROM the user who claimed they were talking to them on discord, so...

Y'all jits really need to calm down and take an objective stance lol

4 minutes ago, 🔥Master Throne Crimson🔥 said:

Wait, cash trades with a profit margin as high as on the aforementioned one are very typical? That is also my bad.

The total amount paid for the items was 4200 USD or 2470.588 keys.

6 minutes ago, loz said:

The total amount paid for the items was 4200 USD or 2470.588 keys.

Yeah, I read through the imgur link

10 minutes ago, loz said:

No, but the trades came from Joe’s account and had Joe’s items. There’s nothing to indicate I’m not speaking to Joe.

Yeah, maybe I can't see it cause I know Jew, so I'd have asked him on steam about the weird behaviour on discord

Yeah loz doesn't know him to begin with, but connected accounts to discord dont really matter just nitpicks for hindsight. The real question is if jewmadbro is mobile auth how were trades confirmed? Suggest calling phone provider to see if anyone requested a new sim card for his number as this is more than just a "hack", i'd still be very worried if I was him. Like did you goto any pc/phone repair shop recently or does anyone else irl have access to your phone etc.

Yeah if he uses mobile auth thats whats confusing me as well.. 100% sounds like Sim Card Scandal 2: Electric Boogaloo

7 minutes ago, Littlepudintater said:

Yeah loz doesn't know him to begin with, but connected accounts to discord dont really matter just nitpicks for hindsight. The real question is if jewmadbro is mobile auth how were trades confirmed? Suggest calling phone provider to see if anyone requested a new sim card for his number as this is more than just a "hack", i'd still be very worried if I was him. Like did you goto any pc/phone repair shop recently or does anyone else irl have access to your phone etc.

Altough a bit unrealistic, if he's using android, could be an app that steals the steam auth token.

The typical "let's switch to discord trust me" every experienced trader knows

First thing is to chat on the steam account you're about to trade with, especially for cash payments where you need to sync trade and payment. 

If @loz is that big if a trader, I can't believe he didn't think this was sketchy for sec

He probably thought something like "rip this dude will get scammed, either I buy from him or some else will"

4 minutes ago, Wsdea said:

that big if a trader, I can't believe he didn't think this was sketchy for sec

Well, if you're a big trader, its very easy to tell sketchy things just from gut, but if big profits are involved, you're more inclined to turn a blind eye if its just simply suspicious, not necessarily obviously malicious.

3 minutes ago, Wsdea said:

First thing is to chat on the steam account you're about to trade with, especially for cash payments where you need to sync trade and payment. 

If @loz is that big if a trader, I can't believe he didn't think this was sketchy for sec

Talking through Discord is normal, at least for me. It's not sketchy, nor does it raise any red flags. Remember, the trade offers were sent from Joe's own steam account. Frankly, I see no need to add someone via Steam if we're already talking on Discord.

6 hours ago, Littlepudintater said:

Wonder if this is another sim swap repair store story 😭

god holy shit I forgot about the nightmare that is sim swapping, T-Mobile even lets black hat hackers social engineer their employees to remote change SIM cards without the customers notice or consent

5 minutes ago, Joewho said:

This is not how it happened in your case. This is an exploit on scm.

I have a question for you : Did you receive any recent email from steam ? 

For example an email from Steam saying that "Steam Guard Mobile Authentificator device has changed" or "Steam Guard Mobile Authentificator recovery started" ? Check in the recycle bin.

Also check on your current phone that you don't need to setup mobile auth again with sms code confirmation

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, 🔥Master Throne Crimson🔥 said:

Well, if you're a big trader, its very easy to tell sketchy things just from gut, but if big profits are involved, you're more inclined to turn a blind eye if its just simply suspicious, not necessarily obviously malicious.

24 minutes ago, Wsdea said:

He probably thought something like "rip this dude will get scammed, either I buy from him or some else will"

this. I’ve been out of the trading scene for awhile now but even I knew something was wrong instantly from those discord logs, dude is playing dumb and was hoping things would go smoothly.

it’s not the worst move in the world since technically he paid for them, just not to the right person. 

12 minutes ago, Bananas said:

it’s not the worst move in the world since technically he paid for them, just not to the right person.

Well he also did offer the right person to sell the items back for what he paid for them, but that doesn't quite sound right either, idk

Well he also did offer the right person to sell the items back for what he paid for them, but that doesn't quite sound right either, idk

What sounds right to you? 

1 minute ago, Littlepudintater said:

Captain Hindsight!!
Everyone think they him 😭

Don't kill me, but I haven't ever seen south park, who is that

Just now, Littlepudintater said:

What sounds right to you? 

Well I still dunno, hard for me to imagine cause I know Jew and then there's also the gladiator hack... I wouldn't know what tf to do were I in loz's shoes, its been tough

1 minute ago, 🔥Master Throne Crimson🔥 said:

Don't kill me, but I haven't ever seen south park, who is that

Captain Hindsight

• Like 2

Well I still dunno, hard for me to imagine cause I know Jew and then there's also the gladiator hack... I wouldn't know what tf to do were I in loz's shoes, its been tough

What are you trying to insinuate?

29 minutes ago, Littlepudintater said:

What are you trying to insinuate?

If you lost money, you feel like you're entitled to scam

Just now, Wsdea said:

If you lost money, you feel like you entitled to scam

I need this on a shirt. I lost like 50$ unboxing the other night... might rob a bank with it on....