bp.tf 6v6 tourney! (NEEDS SERVER OWNERS!)

The G What ™

Which would you rather play?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. 6v6 won, 23-17

• cool!
    • but i iz nub and I still want 2 vote

:o

Every single pug / scrim I've been in had the black box banned

I agree with that. The Black Box gives roamers a bit too much survivability for my taste.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If sign-ups are still going on, I'd like to hop on this.

I can play virtually any class pretty well, but I main Soldier/Scout/Sniper.

The amount of people here who know nothing about 6s yet try to sign up both saddens me and makes me laugh. 

This will be either the most amazing lack of fucks given ever or a complete disaster.

This will be either the most amazing lack of fucks given ever or a complete disaster.

I once did a 6v6 scrim with 2 teams consisting of members of a particular surf community, 10 out of the 12 people had never played 6v6 before.

All I can say is rollouts with 2 spies, 1 sniper and no medic.

It was an interesting experience I guess.

I once did a 6v6 scrim with 2 teams consisting of members of a particular surf community, 10 out of the 12 people had never played 6v6 before.

All I can say is rollouts with 2 spies, 1 sniper and no medic.

It was an interesting experience I guess.

Yeah... Especially considering medic is arguably the most important class in 6s...

Yeah... Especially considering medic is arguably the most important class in 6s...

Unless your team is only medics. 

That happened once.

If i do partake in this event, would I be able to taunt after erry keel cuz Da Kool kidz klub do it

The amount of people here who know nothing about 6s yet try to sign up both saddens me and makes me laugh.

u fukn wot m8 I reck pubs erryday

I guess I can join though there might be time constraints and ping issues. I'm not in NA. If I do play, (highly doubt it), I'll play soldier, demo and maybe medic and spy

Ok so here it is. I'm european. I can play medic, scout or demo. I may or may not be able to play, since I'm not #tf2alldayeveryday 24/7, it very much depends on the time if can play or not. And last, I know some basic competitive rules and what it is, but i have never played it before.

im a high steel/silver sniper and have been offered to join an open team as scout/sniper...count me in

So after an idle thought I had about synergy in team names, I discovered that there's significant interest in a backpack.tf "competitive" tourney. 

I haven't decided the rules yet; this thread is largely to check if we have enough interest to continue with plans. 

As of right now we're looking at 6v6. Haven't decided on rules so far as illegal items, etc. So for the time being it'll be UGC rules (least restrictive and best-known.) You don't need a mic, or to be particularly good at the game. This will be friendly and for giggles and shits.

So if you're interested post something below, preferably with your class. This might change as things go on, possibly HL if we have enough sign ups-or multiple 6s teams if we'd decide we would rather do that. 

I am also issuing a challenge to that scrub that calls himself Brad Pitt. Brad, get your sorry flunky crew of mods on a team, enter, and get your asses kicked by us suggesters. 

UPDATE: When you sign up, please put your preferred class for 6s and for HL. This will cut the time down for organization later.

CURRENT ROSTER:

Dabaers: Medic

Jesus Lord Almighty Christ: Soldier, demo, scout, spee

Kodorin: spy

Mapleman10: Demo, solly, scoot

Spyromancer

Wellesley:

G-What: Medic

Happy Balloon:

Charity: Pootis

Vince: Engie, medic

MAYBES: (Contingent on some sort of issue.)

Alex from Security: soldier (Likely no because fuck Valve and Gaben)

Spicy Ham from food safety: Roamer, Only if there's a Straylian team

Liddo: If he can make time

Necroted: waiting on details

Gentlemare: depends on server locations. (Are you Aussie?)

Whitem0d: time constraints

Anhus: time contraints

Days since I have challenged Brad with no response: 4

y u no update list?

y u no update list?

Been away for a couple days. Haven't had a chance. There's also the odd issue that there are 40 votes without there being that many sign ups....

How do the 6v6 and highlander work?  and what rules/restrictions do each have?  I've never really looked into the whole competitive scene, so some info/links would be helpful ^^  I am interested in this though, I main pyro but I can do a fair medic or engi

How do the 6v6 and highlander work?  and what rules/restrictions do each have?  I've never really looked into the whole competitive scene, so some info/links would be helpful ^^  I am interested in this though, I main pyro but I can do a fair medic or engi

6v6 is pretty self explanatory,  two teams of 6 compete to win.

Highlander is two teams on 9 where every class has to be represented by EXACTLY one player on each team.

Archived