bp.tf 6v6 tourney! (NEEDS SERVER OWNERS!)

The G What ™

Which would you rather play?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. 6v6 won, 23-17

• cool!
    • but i iz nub and I still want 2 vote

This sounds cool, I can demo/pyro/medic (as long as I don't scout/sniper/heavy it's really all fine for me).

However the problem for me would also be when we could do this. Since I can only play certain times of the day (because of work, etc.).

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I live in Asia so I wouldn't be able to participate ;_;

That's why I'm proposing an Oceanic team. ~80 ping isn't THAT bad due to the informality as such of this event. 

Also; G What, Highlander rules in 6v6 is :(

*Cough* Black box *Cough*

Will play anything, but the rules (of the tournament itself, not 6v6) haven't exactly been explained, so I don't really know. Can I get 5 other random suggesters and make a team? How about 5 non-suggesters?

And if it's mods vs suggesters, shouldn't there be a way to see who's actually good enough to get into the suggesters team (!mgediv).

That's why I'm proposing an Oceanic team. ~80 ping isn't THAT bad due to the informality as such of this event. 

There was a guy from Australia who played against us in a short-lived stint of something that kinda resembled competitive. He had ~200 ping, so I have my doubts. 

With that being said, we were playing on my friend's server (which does have pretty good bandwidth, but it might be different in the case of a professionally hosted server, who knows) 

Black Box is allowed in ETF2L and ESEA, how is that 'highlander rules'? :P

Well I'm interested but a mod team would have to be US + EU so there will be ping-issues. Also brad sucks at tf2. :P

I am definitely interested. I would prefer to play spy but I can also play pretty much every other class besides soldier and engie.

But for me it all depends on the time of the tournament

And I really hope we can do highlander. The 6v6 metagame is really stagent.

And I really hope we can do highlander. The 6v6 metagame is really stagent.

get the fuck out

that's all I have to say to you

gibe spot pls i play demonstration man, fat russian, ww2 american, german dentist, or gas mask guy

Why don't we have both a thing for 6s and one for highlander? Hell if we have enough medics and soldiers ultiduo would be fun :)

Just pick a 6s class and a highlander class like this:

6s: Medic

Highlander: Medic, heavy, engie

Why don't we have both a thing for 6s and one for highlander? Hell if we have enough medics and soldiers ultiduo would be fun :)

Just pick a 6s class and a highlander class like this:

6s: Medic

Highlander: Medic, heavy, engie

Because Highlander is bad/impossible to organize.

Iunno, depends on what time these matches start

But if I can find Da time, sign me for Da heavy I guess

Ok, in response to everyone saying "I don't know about this cuz there's no explanation," I want to point out that the main reason for this thread initially was to see if we could even organize enough people to play in the first place. 

I added a poll to see what people would like. As of right now we're looking at a few 6s teams that duke it out, or 2 HL teams that basically scrim. 

And yes, while I do not expect people to be "pro" at the game, whichever we choose will have some rules enforced and you will be expected to have at least a basic knowledge of whichever game type we end up playing. For the record, a standard 6s team rolls out with a "Roamer" soldier, a "Pocket" soldier, a demoman, a medic, and 2 scouts. The scouts are "utility" players and are expected to "off-class" as the situation is needed. You don't normally roll out with spies, engies, etc. 

Now I don't want to make this too formal, but once I see the results of the poll we can decide on rules and organization. 

Black Box is allowed in ETF2L and ESEA, how is that 'highlander rules'? :P

:o

Every single pug / scrim I've been in had the black box banned

Edit: I checked up on it, OzFortress doesn't allow the black box.

Archived