bp.tf 6v6 tourney! (NEEDS SERVER OWNERS!)

The G What ™

Which would you rather play?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. 6v6 won, 23-17

• cool!
    • but i iz nub and I still want 2 vote

So after an idle thought I had about synergy in team names, I discovered that there's significant interest in a backpack.tf "competitive" tourney. 

As of right now we're looking at 6v6. Haven't decided on rules so far as illegal items, etc. So for the time being it'll be UGC rules (least restrictive and best-known.) You don't need a mic, or to be particularly good at the game. This will be friendly and for giggles and shits.

So if you're interested post something below, preferably with your class. This might change as things go on, possibly HL if we have enough sign ups-or multiple 6s teams if we'd decide we would rather do that. 

I am also issuing a challenge to that scrub that calls himself Brad Pitt. Brad, get your sorry flunky crew of mods on a team, enter, and get your asses kicked by us suggesters. 

UPDATE: When you sign up, please put your preferred class for 6s and for HL. This will cut the time down for organization later.

SECOND UPDATE: FOR NOW I have removed the rosters list. I will allow sign-ups until Friday. If you'd like to sign up, Post your steam name, your class, availability in UTC time, comp history (if any) and where you will be playing from. 

THIRD UPDATE: SIGN-UPS ARE NOW CLOSED. Teams will be decided in the following areas:

As soon as I compile everyone that signed up or commented interest, I will divide based on geography. This will help reduce ping and make scheduling easier. For example, there will be a Europe team, a US East Team, US West team, etc. 

Captains will be picked depending on who can host on a server. Again, this is to keep ping down. If you have access to a server, add me now. 

We will try to have at least one player with comp history on each team. This will help team balance and prevent noob teams from getting rolled. 

As soon as teams are set, a Round Robin will begin. Each team will play each other team once. The four teams with the best records after playing will move onto the semi-finals. 

Games will be played best of 3 rounds with teams switching sides between rounds.

Semi-finals will be played single elimination, with 2 teams going to the finals. Finals will be played single elimination. 

FOURTH UPDATE: I REALLY NEED PEOPLE THAT CAN HOST TO NOTIFY ME! PLEASE MESSAGE ME IF YOU HAVE ACCESS TO A SERVER!

And for the love of Gaben, read THE RULES FOR 6V6 IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY. 

Days since I have challenged Brad with no response: 15

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why not highlander too? ;)

Cuz right now I only have enough people in for sure for 1 6s team. Again, if we get enough we can do that. 

So 6 bptf forum users vs 6 other bptf forum users in a match

or 6 bptf forum users vs staff  

I would be interested but I dont know if I'l have time. 

I'm best at roamer I guess. I can go other classes if needed though. 

-Spice from Food Safety

Please make an Australian team :c

I'd love to join you guys, seems like fun. If this is all next week, I'll be snowboarding until late in the evening all week.

However, if you'll take me, I main Heavy. Got one hell of a sick loadout, too.

Thanks a bunch! 

-Charity

Depends, if server is in america, i might not join.

But if i would join i would come play medic or scout(engie, pyro or spy in that order if offclassing in the midst of fight)

- Gentlemare

I'd prefer soldier by far, but keep in mind I've never actually played comp (although I do have some fairly basic knowledge of it) so idk if I'd be a good choice, but I'd definitely like to be on

Forum users vs. mods? But.... that is just not fair. The mods would not even put up a fight.

I dont mind joining but just worried about the timings of the competition. I could play demo or sniper if you want!

Forum users vs. mods? But.... that is just not fair. The mods would not even put up a fight.

More shots fired!

I dont mind joining but just worried about the timings of the competition. I could play demo or sniper if you want!

When we start to get this further along I'll put up a poll to decide what time is the best.

I play pyro, but like whitem0d I'm not entirely sure about the timing of the competition...

See above.

So pro, you don't even come on steam.

He was online 4 hours ago. 

Anyhow, response has been huge so far. I gotta sleep. I'll update this tomorrow.

Does anyone actually understand/ want to understand basic 6v6 meta or are we basically doing organized pub

Because engie/ heavy teams to mid are probably going to happen and I will probably do a combination laugh/ cry

If it's just an organized pub then I'll just tryhard in an attempt to forget how bad I actually am at this game

I have to go with Spyromancer on this after seeing people register themselves as mains for spies or engies on a 6s game.

Some offclasses for a minute or two are fine, but I really wouldn't want to see Spies playing only with that class.

Either way, I'm still interested on the idea however and would go as a Scout.

But of course it would be nice to know as well that are we doing this all in one region or multiple in different places too, even if it would be mostly done for fun.

I've played a few matches of sixes and understand the concept myself but no-one has answered my question:

Is this american match or european match?

Archived