60 members have voted

1. 1. Do you?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. There are signs that he is true

2. He tells us what is after Death in Quran (maybe Bible)

3. No religion must be forced down anyone's throat.

4. It would end if believers would actually do what there religion tells them to do (many "believers" know nothing about their religion)

5. I don't know what is that as of me not being a christian.

All I ask is that you at least try to open your mind to evolution, don't just deny it because it contradicts your beliefs. 

All I ask is that you at least try to open your mind to evolution, don't just deny it because it contradicts your beliefs. 

All i ask is that you at least try to open your mind to religion, don't deny it just because it contradicts your beliefs (evolution in this case)

All i ask is that you at least try to open your mind to religion, don't deny it just because it contradicts your beliefs (evolution in this case)

I have. I attended a religious school, I read the bible, and disregarded it as the rubbish it was. You have clearly stated that you know nothing about the facts of evolution, nor do you plan to learn yet you STILL argue against it? 

I have. I attended a religious school, I read the bible, and disregarded it as the rubbish it was. You have clearly stated that you know nothing about the facts of evolution, nor do you plan to learn yet you STILL argue against it? 

I would like to learn it, internet doesn't help and there are no classes here about it, i just said that the first man didn't come from an ape. And no, don't read the bible (no disrespect to any christians), it is just wrong

I don't know what you are talking about mate, I completely believe in the scientific method as a way to explain the physical universe around us. But I understand that there are limits. For instance, the scientific method cannot definitively tell us how the universe began or if we live on after we die or not.

A. All you have said does not change the fact that science fails to predict or explain anything beyond what we can perceive to exist. If you cannot possibly believe that a god exists or that an after-life exists because it falls outside the ability of science to definitively prove then that that is your decision to limit yourself.

B. Great! Science is advancing, it is predicting new things. Science is explaining the physical universe all around us! I don't doubt the abilities of science but I do understand its limitations. I am glad that we have overthrown the corrupt power-hungry politco-religious organization that was the catholic church. (which is closer to being pagan than it is to being biblical Christianity, btw. And if you study history, you come to find out that the fall of the catholic church was due in part to a return to biblical Christianity during the reformation).

Science doesn't just explain the "physical" things. Physical things refer to everything that is material; there are things that science can't truly explain, and that's why there are theories. With theories people are able to try and understand things that aren't material, things like our imagination, and any beings that are beyond the realm of "physical". Like a god.

You are right in saying that there are limitations, but as science does forward, we may get to the point where we can scientifically prove whether or not there are things that aren't physical, or rather, material. Who knows? Maybe we are all just virtual programmes with certain purposes, created by a programmer...

I would like to learn it, internet doesn't help and there are no classes here about it, i just said that the first man didn't come from an ape. And no, don't read the bible (no disrespect to any christians), it is just wrong

Actually, you can just search up "On the Origin of Species"; it's his book about his theory of evolution...

Archived