Do you believe in life after death?

#NewWizard

What do I write here?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Do you?

• Yes
    • No

I dont think there is anything after death, however i truly with there is. Sometimes at night I get scared of death, i think its called existencism or smthin.

And yeah I actually think that christians have better morals as they have to follow the bible and stuff. But that doesnt mean athiests dont have morals too

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think not believing in after life is ridiculous. I don't think we were sent here just to study/work/have sex and kids/make money and then just die, it would be ironic if it is just that. 

Every machine that is created have an instruction manual of how to use it, then shouldn't humans also have an instruction manual to know how to actually live and know that the life doesn't end with death? So yes, after life exists.

I think not believing in after life is ridiculous. I don't think we were sent here just to study/work/have sex and kids/make money and then just die, it would be ironic if it is just that. 

Every machine that is created have an instruction manual of how to use it, then shouldn't humans also have an instruction manual to know how to actually live and know that the life doesn't end with death? So yes, after life exists.

How is it ridiculous though? Surely believing in something with absolutely no evidence is more ridiculous. That's how observations and evidence work, and you probably do it yourself. I can say with just as much weight that it's ridiculous to think pink elephants don't exist. It's the exact same thing. Our rudimentary role on this planet has never been clear, but observations do back up that we just eat, fuck and die.

Saying an afterlife exists because you believe it does is NOT a good enough reason for making such a ground breaking claim that an afterlife definitely exists.

We are here to continue our species, nothing more. Say anything else and you're kidding yourself.

Life after death is the feeling, or lack thereof, when you're in a deep sleep. You have no conscience and will be no more

Once you die, you're dead. You are born into this world to contribute to society and, hopefully, change it for the better, where ever you may live. Once you have done your destiny, such is your passing into nothingness. You pass on your genes when you die, so in a way, you don't die, but as for your physical form, it vanishes and nothing is left. There are no retries, respawns or limbo.

And, if there is a God, does he just decide there will be school shootings? rapists? cancer? What about homosexuals? Did he create them, or are they spawns of the devil? And if they are, hasn't God defeated the Devil once? In the 6 days Christians claim it took God to create the Earth, did he plan for humans and other animals/bacteria/insects to have complex ecosystems and organ systems? And did he just decide to place 50 Billion year-old fossils scattered around the globe to throw non-believers off of track? Why? The entire idea of religion as a whole has no proof, logic or foundation of any sort within it. In conclusion; there is no after life, all-mighty diety, and the Earth is older than five thousand years.

Thank you.

I do beleive in a life after death. Gives me something to look forward to. If it isn't real, oh well. But I believe in it because believing in something is a hell lot better than believing nothing. It doesn't hurt me and it helps keep my morals in check. I can see why some people don't though. I won't convert them but believing in live after death isnt about believing in a religion; its just the idea that when you are done on earth, you go somewhere else. That's all.

That is extremely well put. Wow, no judgement or anything. Personally I do not believe in reincarnation or heaven/hell or any of that, the closest any of us will get to reincarnation is our legacy. that being the future generation of our children.

>Says Christianity out of all other religions have better morals compared to Atheists

>So all of these wars caused by Religion are ...?

>Calls a world full of Atheists douchebags

>Believes a world of Christianity won't have problems

>Obviously not a doubebaggy statement at all

Anyway, I'd have to give that question a no. I can see where people are coming from saying that it gives them something to look forward to other than just darkness, but it's like saying you're afraid to die so you have to believe in a higher power to feel safe and ignoring fact

Here's something that I find comedic: 

I love you for this.

On topic: The way I see it, I don't think there ain't no heaven, and there ain't no reincarnation. If I'm wrong, well fuck me, but idc, I'm chillin' w/ god/alive again.

I think not believing in after life is ridiculous.

Belief in an afterlife is just an expression of human weakness and the fear of your own mortality (which is perfectly natural). So instead of nothingness, you get to believe in a new happy magic world, where you live forever. Sad thing is, the promise of such a world led many to their own deaths.

Belief in an afterlife is just an expression of human weakness and the fear of your own mortality (which is perfectly natural). So instead of nothingness, you get to believe in a new happy magic world, where you live forever. Sad thing is, the promise of such a world led many to their own <a data-ipb="nomediaparse" data-cke-saved-href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Children" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Children" s_crusade"="">deaths.

I wish there was a setting that would allow me to auto-like anything you write.

When I was younger, I thought that you would be reincarnated and placed in a different time period, where you would serve a life that would not change the course of history

Here's a thought, or question perhaps:

Everything in existence would still exist without your existence. Right?

Well, if everything in existence exists as matter, and matter cannot be created nor destroyed, theoretically your existence, which can easily be proven to be in existence (puto ergo sum), will always be, right?

Mindfucked

Even without after life there is meaning of life.

We weren't "sent" here. We're not "machines." We were made through evolution.

Shots fired.

46705094.jpg

But they're not though. In all of my years of using the internet, I have participated in countless discussions like this. I have literally never seen a creationist argue their side here.

This is how it usually goes:

Religious person: "Yes I do, it gives me a higher purpose in life"

Atheist: "Of course not, life after death is meaningless dribble invented by weak humans to cope with the reality of death, we stop existing!"

Agnostic: "I do not know because science can never procure a definitive answer."

I have more respect for the agnostic than the atheist because they have the guts to admit that there is no way to know. The typical atheist just flaunts around his "higher education" in a way that insults the intelligence of anyone that believes in the possibility of an afterlife and ends up making a fool of himself when confronted with the scientific reality: science cannot definitely tell us yes or no.

This is how it usually goes:

Religious person: "Yes I do, it gives me a higher purpose in life"

Atheist: "Of course not, life after death is meaningless dribble invented by weak humans to cope with the reality of death, we stop existing!"

Agnostic: "I do not know because science can never procure a definitive answer."

I have more respect for the agnostic than the atheist because they have the guts to admit that there is no way to know. The typical atheist just flaunts around his "higher education" in a way that insults the intelligence of anyone that believes in the possibility of an afterlife and ends up making a fool of himself when confronted with the scientific reality: science cannot definitely tell us yes or no.

As opposed to a magical book which gives all the answers?

As opposed to a magical book which gives all the answers?

Please, you are just being childish and it proves my point.

What did anything I say have to do with a magic book? Native American traditions speak of the after life and that has nothing to do with any "magic book".

I am trying to say that the atheists faith that "there is nothing beyond life" is the same as those whose believe that there is one. Neither can be proven or disprove by science and it is insulting when athiests try to call it "fact" and insult those who disagree.

EDIT: inb4: "but religious folks are 100000% worse when they try to force thier belief on others blah blah blah"

Archived