What do I write here?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Do you?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do beleive in a life after death. Gives me something to look forward to. If it isn't real, oh well. But I believe in it because believing in something is a hell lot better than believing nothing. It doesn't hurt me and it helps keep my morals in check. I can see why some people don't though. I won't convert them but believing in live after death isnt about believing in a religion; its just the idea that when you are done on earth, you go somewhere else. That's all.

I don't like to believe in (and definitely not put faith into) something I can't see.

Regardless of what you think everyone should definitely make the most of their life.

See you on the other side.

it helps keep my morals in check. 

^^I like religion for this reason. If everyone were atheist the world would be a complete douchebaggery place.

^^I like religion for this reason. If everyone were atheist the world would be a complete douchebaggery place.

You forget you can be douchey as well w/o being judged in a world with no god.

Atheists still have morals.

ugh.

On topic, I voted no. 

no, but i really hope there is something after this life.

also what? belief in an afterlife to keep your morals in check is just a way of buying yourself into your heaven rather than being nice because it's a good thing to do. being nice isn't a prerequisite for religious belief the same way being an asshole doesn't automatically mean you're an atheist.

Christians have better morals

If everyone were atheist the world would be a complete douchebaggery place.

>Says Christianity out of all other religions have better morals compared to Atheists

>So all of these wars caused by Religion are ...?

>Calls a world full of Atheists douchebags

>Believes a world of Christianity won't have problems

>Obviously not a doubebaggy statement at all

Anyway, I'd have to give that question a no. I can see where people are coming from saying that it gives them something to look forward to other than just darkness, but it's like saying you're afraid to die so you have to believe in a higher power to feel safe and ignoring fact

Here's something that I find comedic: 

>Says Christianity out of all other religions have better morals compared to Atheists

>So all of these wars caused by Religion are ...?

Anyway, I'd have to give that question a no. I can see where people are coming from saying that it gives them something to look forward to other than just darkness, but it's like saying you're afraid to die so you have to believe in a higher power to feel safe and ignoring fact

First of all, douchebags don't start wars. Nobody's going to go out and call Hitler a douchebag, because he wasn't a douchebag; he was evil.

Second of all, he never said that a world of Christianity would have no problems. He said that Christianity teachers better morals than atheism, which is unarguably true. While it is true that you don't need a book to be morally correct, the belief that an all knowing and all powerful being is watching and judging you constantly will lead to better actions. It is impossible to deny this. 

He's saying that atheists are douchebag hypocrites because they do exactly what they fight against. They argue that religious texts should not be taught in school as this is merely Christian's attempt to proselytize the children, but they also argue that things like evolution and the big bang be taught in school. I don't want to start a creationism vs big bang argument, that isn't my point.

I have so often run into people saying horrible things about Christians, atheists more than any other religion. Atheists believe that faith is something that everyone would like to argue with them about, and it is for this reason that I consider a good percentage of the atheists on the internet to be douchebags.

-snip-

Well I don't agree with Religions, but I respect their opinions and way of life same can't be said with religion and homosexuals

I'll relate this to something we can all relate to:

Religion is like saying a S. Scattergun sold for 5 keys but has no proof of the sale and can't/won't provide it and it's the only proof for a suggestion. Atheists, or Agnostics, as I like to be called, provide proof of several sales at 3 keys, quicksolds at the current price, and make a suggestion at 3 keys, yet people still downvote saying that 3 keys is impossible and the proof given is forged and invalid.

*Note how I say Religion and not just Christianity because Christianity isn't the God of all Religions

>So all of these w

Are you kidding me...

I don't need a book to have morals.

ars caused by Religion are ...?

>Implying that I said a Christian world won't have problems

>Implying that the vast majority of atheists have stricter morals than religious people

>Implying that I'm a Christian (I'm atheist)

And Grimes, fear of the consequences of not following your religion's rules result in better morals. I'm not saying that all religious people are better than all atheists (I know some dick Christians), but just in general, atheists have looser morals.

You forget you can be douchey as well w/o being judged in a world with no god.

Yes but there is always a sense of morality. You can't simply "not feel" your guilt. IF you were to kill someone, you cant just numb the guilt. You can, but just because God doesnt exist to you doesnt mean you wont feel the burden of guilt.

All humans are written with a rule in their hearts. The basic moral things. Science can't explain what you feel or the emotions you have, but at least when I put faith im MY God, I know what is truly right and wrong beyond what I feel in my heart.

Yes but there is always a sense of morality. You can't simply "not feel" your guilt. IF you were to kill someone, you cant just numb the guilt. You can, but just because God doesnt exist to you doesnt mean you wont feel the burden of guilt.

All humans are written with a rule in their hearts. The basic moral things. Science can't explain what you feel or the emotions you have, but at least when I put faith im MY God, I know what is truly right and wrong beyond what I feel in my heart.

Doesn't the morals just come from society that we live in, from our parents? 

I agree with the fact that people are ridiculously arrogant to think that God cares so much about people, that we are his greatest achievement. If he exists, he created universe. And universe is limitless.

Archived