Hmm first ban from autpost

Pyrocide

Ahhhh flame wars...

But really Autpost, what is this, the 3rd grade?

"Teacher, he told me to fuck off!"

"JOHNNY, HOW DARE YOU! YOU ARE EXPELLED FROM OUR SCHOOL AND EVERY OTHER SCHOOL! The only school you may go to is the McDonalds College."

This is essentially what the Autpost mods did by removing him for a bullshit reason from the only viable trading service (no offense classifieds and bazaar).

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ahhhh flame wars...

But really Autpost, what is this, the 3rd grade?

"Teacher, he told me to fuck off!"

"JOHNNY, HOW DARE YOU! YOU ARE EXPELLED FROM OUR SCHOOL AND EVERY OTHER SCHOOL! The only school you may go to is the McDonalds College."

This is essentially what the Autpost mods did by removing him for a bullshit reason from the only viable trading service (no offense classifieds and bazaar).

Well, if you tell your 3rd grade teacher to fuck off you will get in trouble (detention/suspension); if you do it enough times you will (i assume) get expelled. So, its not like OP is doing anything unfair....

Well, if you tell your 3rd grade teacher to fuck off you will get in trouble (detention/suspension); if you do it enough times you will (i assume) get expelled. So, its not like OP is doing anything unfair....

I create expert scenarios, I know. But what I was trying to say was that Outpost is the most viable trading service, and a ban there can essentially end your trading career, making bullshit bans like this one even worse. Keep in mind THAT THIS IS A VIOLENT VIDEO GAME, so hopefully we would all be adults here. Thus, *GASP* adults sometimes curse. That is not a bannable offense.

I create expert scenarios, I know. But what I was trying to say was that Outpost is the most viable trading service, and a ban there can essentially end your trading career, making bullshit bans like this one even worse. Keep in mind THAT THIS IS A VIOLENT VIDEO GAME, so hopefully we would all be adults here. Thus, *GASP* adults sometimes curse. That is not a bannable offense.

How does a 1 day ban end your trading career? Also there are other sites than outpost.

You can curse all you want, you just have to write that down and say it to others.

Yeah I reported the relister at the top of the list.

I don't understand the need for anyone to say "lowballer" or fuck-off on OP posts. I see nothing wrong with banning for posting spam or vulgar comments that are clearly AGAINST the SITE RULES. I Also agree with liddo that simply hiding the post was fair warning to a new user. While long-time users should expect to be held to a higher standard. We give juveniles breaks in court most of the time so giving inexperienced traders the benefit of the doubt serves the same purpose.

I disagree with BSOD on the point of bp.tf not allowing trash-talking/shit-talking of other communities. BP.tf operates under it's own rules structure and culture. People can talk shit about bp.tf if they want as long as they keep it to the forums. People don't get away with much on price topics though.

On the other hand. I am permanently Banned from Trading Post for simply wearing the JFH tag while daring to have a trade up.

I disagree with BSOD on the point of bp.tf not allowing trash-talking/shit-talking of other communities. BP.tf operates under it's own rules structure and culture. People can talk shit about bp.tf if they want as long as they keep it to the forums. People don't get away with much on price topics though.

Trash talking other tf2 communities isn't something that is good. If people want to trash talk in personally chat, that is fine. 

Having a "flame bucket" to rant and trash anything is fine, especially since you have to go into it, to see these threads. I know there are rules ever the great below. 

I have always and never made a secret of disliking the "autpost" nickname some users here use. Mixing autism and outpost, is pretty rude. I rarely see it now in the status section, which is a good sign. 

Trash talking other tf2 communities isn't something that is good. If people want to trash talk in personally chat, that is fine. 

Having a "flame bucket" to rant and trash anything is fine, especially since you have to go into it, to see these threads. I know there are rules ever the great below. 

I have always and never made a secret of disliking the "autpost" nickname some users here use. Mixing autism and outpost, is pretty rude. I rarely see it now in the status section, which is a good sign. 

bptf stands in a different place in the community. Its more useful as a place where people can ask any question or question any group/service/community's motives/ideals/etc... 

If the bptf forums were as moderated as bazaar/op/sop then what would you ever come to the forums for? And do keep in mind, the sop forums are now dead, whereas they used to be thriving. Why? Because of heavy moderation and restrictions on what could be said/done. 

So long as there are no threats towards a person/group i see no problem. 

BSOD once insulted me, but he didn't use any "bad" words. Most OP mods still have a better policy than Bogon.

It's their site, they control who they want there, users have no rights as to "fair" or not "fair".

Brad could just ban wipe all of us, but who'd have a say to that ban? No one would have the power to revoke it, they'd just do bad things to him in other ways.

I'm sure Outpost has considered the consequences on their rules, whether good or bad.

Wait a sec, this isn't in the GB? What?

BSOD once insulted me, but he didn't use any "bad" words. Most OP mods still have a better policy than Bogon.

It's their site, they control who they want there, users have no rights as to "fair" or not "fair".

Brad could just ban wipe all of us, but who'd have a say to that ban? No one would have the power to revoke it, they'd just do bad things to him in other ways.

I'm sure Outpost has considered the consequences on their rules, whether good or bad.

Wait a sec, this isn't in the GB? What?

Nope, this conversation managed to escape the black hole, formerly known as the great below.

@ Liddo. Thats why I asked. I wanted to know if that instinct was wrong. If faced with this decision myself I would know that a moderatly active member of the forums would likely make a thread like this which ends up being controversal and embarassing for both sides. It also serves to divide people. This would be a componant of my decision and I wanted opinions from others.

BSOD, just realise that people on the internet can't read. You've said like 10 times "I didn't say that". And you didn't. But people read what they want to read, even though that is not what you wrote.

Personally I think people need to grow up. When somebody on an internet site tells me to go suck my own dick, well why would I give a damn? And the reported offences are way less than that. 

But outpost has put it clearly in its rules that people are not allowed to use bad language, so if they do, well that's their own fucking fault.

"If you must break the law, do it to seize power. In all other cases, obey it" Gaius Iulius Caesar.

You're both right, people shouldn't be offended by being called a lowballer, but since it's in your rules not to do so, the ban was righteous, and outpost can't change the way people think.

Nope, this conversation managed to escape the black hole, formerly known as the great below.

I still find that hard to believe that happened. You see it often the other way, rarely happening this way.

I like the last one (and his 2 recent trades). :)

But yeah really few bans, curious.^^

Some people like to troll outpost just because they know it riles the admins. Bazaar has a much looser set of rules and therefor doesn't ban as much and so being a troll is harder and trolls don't like to work for their fun.

why do people go tryhard when they trade

holy shit

honestly if I was an admin I would ban scammers and not give a fuck about everything else

lol and I would actually have IP bans

master plan 2014

hype

PS bazaar is better because it has an imageboard

and the fact that friskie doesn't bow down to the admins http://puu.sh/5BdeA.png

Archived