Hmm first ban from autpost

Pyrocide

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ Pyrocide

Spamming includes post about item values. 

The report button is for reporting users who have broken the rules. 

If i recall correctly both your post were reported. I simple hid his post as thats all i saw that needed to be done. 

I hid his post for spamming. Calling you a "lowballer" isn't right, but i felt it was easier to hide it than to ban him. It was a judgement call. Especially since he only has 4 post on outpost, and it serves more of a warning than to add ban counts onto his account. 

You however were reported for insulting and is was a very offensive post. I felt that deserved a small temp ban, so that in the future you will not continue this kind of offensive behavior to other users. 

will you ban me if i say autpost

will you ban me if i say autpost

Prob not liddo, but at least one mod will take offense to it and most likely will take the typical autpost motion and ban based on feelings. Just guesstimating. Try it and find out. 

Posted · Hidden by Woifi The Viking, December 2, 2013 - no longer in the great below, sorry :P
Hidden by Woifi The Viking, December 2, 2013 - no longer in the great below, sorry :P

mfw I'm permabanned and I can't pay back the original owner and I can just spam OP admins with a bunch off bullshit and get away with it

tumblr_mbi3iohmUV1qmw4gso1_1280.jpg

Posted · Hidden by Woifi The Viking, December 2, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by Woifi The Viking, December 2, 2013 - No reason given

mfw I'm permabanned and I can't pay back the original owner and I can just spam OP admins with a bunch off bullshit and get away with it

tumblr_mbi3iohmUV1qmw4gso1_1280.jpg

dafaq did i just read?

Welp, got banned from autpost for telling off some fuckstick after calling me a lowballer in my own trade citing rule violation. Did other guy get banned? Nope. Just a hidden post citing rule violation.

Question: is it common for "admins" to pick and choose which rule violations get bans or just a roll of the dice/flip of the coin? 

If you really wanted an answer for this, wouldn't it be easier to contact the mod/admin and ask:

What was the criteria used to ban me and only hid the other post?

But no, again someone had to go elsewhere and make a big fuss about it. And then you say:

This isn't for publicly shaming, at all. I wanted the opinions of members on how they see what admins of the site do when banning. This is the reason is did it in great below instead of a truly public forum like tf2 discussions or the like.

You don't even know why he did it, so you can't start a discussion like this because you don't know what the thinking process was. And as usual, this brings a lot of nonsense from other users and it becomes a flame war, specially in this forum - which it seems noone cares about what goes in it.

It brings to mind the question, what the fucks the point of the report button then?

LOL, Its not the ban I'm concerned about. Life is never fair, i know that. I knew when i told him to fuck himself it was in violation of rules and could get a ban, but so was insulting me. 

But the double standard of "admins" banning practices goes a bit too far it seems. Just thought i'd bring it up in a public forum. 

You knew what you were doing. And now you are concerned about something someone else did, instead of rethinking what you did and accept the punishment. I see this every single day. People are more worried to get other punishments to other people than to act in a proper way themselves.

If you have proof of double standard practices you should present them. Just saying things randomly won't get you anywhere except being praised by other people who think the same way - and don't provide proof either.

As for small offenses, we get a load of these every day and we can't possibly talk about each one among all staff, hence we rely on the judgement call of the mod/admin handling it, while difficult cases always take input from more than one admin. Every person in the world acts and reacts in a different way, and expect it to be different is to be unrealistic and immature.

We need to make LiddoJunior into the Bp.Tf representative to Outpost and make him do our bidding

I'd believe people will be smart enough not to do this.

Its not the date or that fact that I did get banned for a rule or by whom, which i did find funny at first, but the principle of the matter that I got banned for a rule and the other guy didnt. Cant ban one without banning the other if they are both in violation of rules. Just sayin'

You don't know what the procedure for each case is, neither does Liddo in full detail yet as he has just been hired. Therefore you can't say what one deserves or not because you simply don't have this information.

It's very common. Maybe they moderate whilst drunk.

Very constructive to the discussion, thanks.

Probably because you didn't report them fast enough. If you really want him banned, add the mods personally.

This is the worst way you can handle a common report as they will just be annoyed by it. You don't know how many adds/messages we get every single day about all the possible things you can imagine. If it's a common thing, use the site. If it's a scam report, use the forums. If it's something urgent then it should be ok to contact one personally. But this is not a rule either, each staff member has their own preferences.

And there is no "fast enough" rule. Site reports are treated equally.

This, in fact, has taught me one thing, the report button does 2 things, absolutely jack done to the offender and reports the reporter. Thanks liddo for the response though for your insight on what you did, very helpful to not ever use any of the tools on AP to make it the "deluxe trading experience". Love the phishing though, makes for a wonderful trading experience.

You are free to think whatever you want. We won't revoke your "report rights" just because you are hurt by something that happened while using it. I'm sure many, many people know the utility of that feature and will keep using it without any fears.

I've seen all these "bad admins" image compilations, and the funny thing is that most if not all of them have old data, and from people no longer in staff. And the cases from people who are still in staff have either been already addressed or would be if another staff member, like me, had been contacted.

As shamefurr has posted, particular admins are never consistent and IMO shouldn't be admins at all. They make judgement calls based on how high their horse is and what they can get away with.

Sure some admins, honestly cannot name any off hand, are consistently unbiased and make logical assessments of the situation and deal with it accordingly never abusing the power they have. However, the bad eggs seem to be seen a lot more publicly than the good ones.

Why don't you provide evidence to your claims? "particular admins" and "some admins" means nothing. If you want to attack someone, do it with evidence and don't hide below generic expressions. And it'd be advised to do it where it can be taken seriously.

Prob not liddo, but at least one mod will take offense to it and most likely will take the typical autpost motion and ban based on feelings. Just guesstimating. Try it and find out. 

Name the mod. I'll get him here and we'll see. Also, find a ban of mine based on feelings. Or Helen's. Or Zemn's. Then we will discuss banning based on feelings.

I am le scared help me  :(((

I'm just sad to see you trying to evade your ban every single day. There's life outside outpost, you know? Why don't you spend your time more wisely than creating alt accounts?

By the way, autpost is also an insult to the site and to its users. Should we start banning everyone that uses this word?  Not doing it will be considered double standard? I'm not sure why BP.tf allows people to trash other communities like this. It's just sad watching young kids treating autism as if it was an insult.

By the way, autpost is also an insult to the site and to its users. Should we start banning everyone that uses this word?  Not doing it will be considered double standard? I'm not sure why BP.tf allows people to trash other communities like this. It's just sad watching young kids treating autism as if it was an insult.

It's the Great Below.

Having outpost mods on the bp.tf forums make me uncomfortable for some reason, like my privacy is being invaded :o

I've seen all these "bad admins" image compilations, and the funny thing is that most if not all of them have old data, and from people no longer in staff. And the cases from people who are still in staff have either been already addressed or would be if another staff member, like me, had been contacted.

Why don't you provide evidence to your claims? "particular admins" and "some admins" means nothing. If you want to attack someone, do it with evidence and don't hide below generic expressions. And it'd be advised to do it where it can be taken seriously.

Name the mod. I'll get him here and we'll see. Also, find a ban of mine based on feelings. Or Helen's. Or Zemn's. Then we will discuss banning based on feelings.

I'm just sad to see you trying to evade your ban every single day. There's life outside outpost, you know? Why don't you spend your time more wisely than creating alt accounts?

By the way, autpost is also an insult to the site and to its users. Should we start banning everyone that uses this word? Not doing it will be considered double standard? I'm not sure why BP.tf allows people to trash other communities like this. It's just sad watching young kids treating autism as if it was an insult.

Sorry BSoD was that an insult? I enjoy spending my free time creating alt accounts to avoid bans. Is that a problem? And I do have a social life off outpost. I have tons of friends and an IQ of over 140. I've had sex 3 times this past week. I think that this is quite the unprofessional and rude response. I'm sending this to sneeza.

And I do have a social life off outpost. I have tons of friends and an IQ of over 140. I've had sex 3 times this past week. I think that this is quite the unprofessional and rude response. I'm sending this to sneeza.

Smart people who make alts on outpost to trade virtual hats DO NOT get laid.

Sorry BSoD was that an insult? I enjoy spending my free time creating alt accounts to avoid bans. Is that a problem? And I do have a social life off outpost. I have tons of friends and an IQ of over 140. I've had sex 3 times this past week. I think that this is quite the unprofessional and rude response. I'm sending this to sneeza.

I don't see any insult here? If you think spending time creating alt accounts is a good way of living, that's fine. It takes me 2 seconds to find and ban them. If that's how you want to spend your time, go ahead. Nobody's stopping you. I just think it clearly demonstrates that you cannot accept punishments for your actions. Your number of friends, IQ level and sex frequency has nothing to do with this discussion. If you don't understand what I meant before, I'll paraphrase it: there are plenty of other places to trade items on the web, you don't need to keep creating accounts that will be eventually banned in order to trade things. And other people banned will tell you the same thing.

And I believe I have never been unprofessional or rude to you. I let you appeal your ban via Steam chat, what I usually don't do, and discussed your case with several other people. You went and contacted other people behind my back instead of waiting for me to reply to you, and keeps creating topics and posts about this here. Should I consider this an insult too?

By the way, your case was ruled by Sneeza himself.

It's the Great Below.

Having outpost mods on the bp.tf forums make me uncomfortable for some reason, like my privacy is being invaded :o

This happens everywhere, not only in "The Great Below".

And there's no such thing as privacy on the internet.

@blue screen.

First off, I don't even know you or that you are a mod, fact is I really just do not care if you are or are not one. All I am concerned about is that staff of one of the most used trading sites for a pretty large community as a whole does its job based on logical assessment of the situation without bias. Someone insults someone else regardless of the severity or the cause behind it, if that gets one user banned and not the other that joined in; there's a double standard. Both should either be banned or both should have posts hidden. Not one or the other varying on who has been on the site longer or who has lesser posts. We all had to agree to the Rules of the site and therefore are to be held accountable equally. 

As for the adding of a mod to appeal or question. I saw it wasn't a perm, it was lifted tomorrow morning thus i didn't feel like spending the extra energy to fight it but instead spend it with my son and wife enjoying leftovers from Thanksgiving. 

This is the great below. No one gives two shits about what goes on in this forum unless its against the rules posted at the top of it in the form of a sticky. I wanted the opinions of other users of the bp.tf community about my particular incident and I got my answer.

Proof of a double standard:

Both users insulted each other - what was said matters not, only that both are equally as guilty of rule violations

One user was banned

One user was not banned.

Plain and simple that ^^^ is a double standard.

I have had to use the report function multiple times in my history of TF2OP however many of them go unnoticed by mods or nothing happens to the reported. Why have it when not every case is at least looked at. I would think its a fairly simple procedure to see a post in violation of rule, such as spamming or insults to just click a "permanently hide" hide button with a drop down citing which rule. Again, since im not a mod I do not know for sure. Seems fairly simple to code though.

Please, look at the Jailbait image at the top of page 2. "Fuck off" is not a valid reason to ban someone. Example of a bad mod IMO. Bluedemon using GTFO and Lowball is just a shining example a TF2OP mod should act. Any course of action taken there? Honestly, I don't care who is a mod and who isn't anymore just because it seems like they either don't care about doing the job correctly or just think some people are exempt the rules. However, I will say this, Helen was the only mod I've ever come into contact with that actually seemed a decent mod. Didn't even realize she was still a OP mod; lack of caring i suppose. Don't know who Zemn is either. I have seen bluedemon in a few of the bad admin pic compilations though. Can't see if hes still a mod or not, you know, the ban is prohibiting that. Frankly the only mods I know of off hand is Sneeza and Liddo, and obviously you now. Hehe, duh. 

If someone uses the term autpost on TF2OP sure, why not, ban them as it is most likely used as an insult.  So is Ballzaar, scamslist and all the other reiterations of names. But here in the Great Below anything goes, assuming no rule violations, which are again posted at the top of the forum. But you should know that I actually measure on the autistic scale and have been diagnosed accordingly however, since I know that autpost stands for an insult against outpost and general stupidity of a portion of the users and not actual autism, or at least that's how I choose to view it, I am not offended.

EDIT: As a side note, I have tried to, and mostly succeeded, in not using the term autpost where it has been asked to not do so since there were some people that found it offensive on the non protected forum. 

First off, autpost is more of a 'pet'-name (albeit a stupid one, and one that gets annoying to see--but thats for another time); the vast majority of the time that its said it said when someone just does something so unbelievably stupid (something that should be quite obvious). Do i use it? No, i think its just incredibly stupid, but that doesn't mean that its "wrong"/really insulting on the same level as a direct insult toward a user, its more of a general statement referring to the average intelligence of the average tf2 trader. 

Secondly, Bptf doesn't really "allow" it. You have to keep something in mind. Bp.tf isn't as serious of a community as SOP/OP/Bazaar; i tend to think of it as the Facebook of TF2-Trading. And i've already attempted to make a stand against spamming trades by trying to create an initiative to discourage people from spamming a trade--and it has helped quite a bit as there is far less spam. But to say backpack.tf allows it is just wrong. You have to keep something in mind, this is the great-below, where anything goes. Sourceop has a very similar Anti-Op/Shit-on-Op thread in the flame bucket. So to say that backpack.tf allows stuff like this really isn't a fair statement. 

Edit: Also, i feel like part of this whole thing being treated the way it is has something to do with the fact that Liddo was the mod who made the ban. Like i said backpack.tf is essentially Facebook of tf2-trading and a lot of regulars just screw with other regulars all the time--so i'm assuming one of the reasons this discussion took the turns it did was because it was a regular who made the ban. 

I don't see any insult here? If you think spending time creating alt accounts is a good way of living, that's fine. It takes me 2 seconds to find and ban them. If that's how you want to spend your time, go ahead. Nobody's stopping you. I just think it clearly demonstrates that you cannot accept punishments for your actions. Your number of friends, IQ level and sex frequency has nothing to do with this discussion. If you don't understand what I meant before, I'll paraphrase it: there are plenty of other places to trade items on the web, you don't need to keep creating accounts that will be eventually banned in order to trade things. And other people banned will tell you the same thing.

And I believe I have never been unprofessional or rude to you. I let you appeal your ban via Steam chat, what I usually don't do, and discussed your case with several other people. You went and contacted other people behind my back instead of waiting for me to reply to you, and keeps creating topics and posts about this here. Should I consider this an insult too?

By the way, your case was ruled by Sneeza himself.

U flustered by the current turn of events, sibling?

All I am concerned about is that staff of one of the most used trading sites for a pretty large community as a whole does its job based on logical assessment of the situation without grey areas or feelings getting in the way. Someone insults someone else regardless of the severity or the cause behind it, if that gets one user banned and not the other that joined in; there's a double standard. Both should either be banned or both should have posts hidden. Not one or the other varying on who has been on the site longer or who has lesser posts. We all had to agree to the Rules of the site and therefore are to be held accountable equally. 

And who decides what is an insult and what is not? Is there an insult dictionary? You forget there is a human behind the decision making process. We are not robots. Is there a way to compile all the insults present in all the cultures of the world?

Each offense is treated differently and interpreted according to their degree. You don't know what the punishments are for each offense, and each degree, therefore you can't say what should or should not be done.

Is calling an offer "lowball" an offense? If not, why calling someone "lowballer" should? Isn't a "lowballer" someone who offers a "lowball" ?

According to you, anyone replying "lowball" to an offer should be banned.

Yes, I've seen bans for people calling others "lowballers" recently. That's why I said people act and react differently. We can't simply discuss every "lowball" case all the time and it's up to the one handling it to make the call. For one saying "autpost" may be an offense, for other people it may not. Is it fair to say we have double standard if the same world is offensive to one but not to the other?

What about not calling anyone anything, wouldn't that be much better? Why call each other "nigga", "autposter", "jew", "lowballer", etc? Why the need to put a tag on people?

This is the great below. No one gives two shits about what goes on in this forum unless its against the rules posted at the top of it in the form of a sticky. I wanted the opinions of other users of the bp.tf community about my particular incident and I got my answer.

Proof of a double standard:

Both users insulted each other - what was said matters not, only that both are equally as guilty of rule violations

One user was banned

One user was not banned.

Plain and simple that ^^^ is a double standard.

Yes, because the best way to get an answer about A is to go and ask B about it. If you wanted an answer, why didn't you contact the mod privately?

Please, look at the Jailbait image at the top of page 2. "Fuck off" is not a valid reason to ban someone. Example of a bad mod IMO. Bluedemon using GTFO and Lowball is just a shining example rule violations. Any course of action taken there? Honestly, I don't care who is a mod and who isn't anymore just because it seems like they either don't care about doing the job correctly or just think some people are exempt the rules. However, I will say this, Helen was the only mod I've ever come into contact with that actually seemed a decent mod. Didn't even realize she was still a OP mod; lack of caring i suppose. Don't know who Zemn is either. I have seen bluedemon in a few of the bad admin pic compilations though. Can't see if hes still a mod or not, you know, the ban is prohibiting that. Frankly the only mods I know of off hand is Sneeza and Liddo, and obviously you now. Hehe, duh. 

Jailbait, as many others, are gone for a long time. They are not valid evidence to be used for what happens today. And I never seen reports for the other cases. If I had I would have taken action.

You again make a lot of assumptions, claiming we don't care about doing our "jobs" correctly or that we exempt others from the rules. Again I challenge you to find evidence of my actions to corroborate your claims. You don't go around throwing accusations around without providing names and evidence.

I do see what Blue Screen and Liddo are saying. Tf2outpost should act and appear professional. I mean, we all have "bad" days and probably shouldnt be on the internet while I consider outpost to be a rather professional place.

My only disagreement is this. Team Fortress 2 is a rated M (18+) game. Even though outpost covers CSGO (rated M i think), Dota (M as well?) and some portal last i knew. But most people use outpost for TF2, CSGO or Dota, which are all M games. that being said, I believe that outpost should follow the "M" ranking. A M ranking is for mature, language used, etc and that the people using the games should be mature (M) enough to understand swear words. Now i know there are a lot of 11 year olds, but their parents are allowing them to play what will subject them to mature material and that even on outpost, that mature material should be allowed. Hell, even the forums allows swearing. But what outpost does is not up to me

This happens everywhere, not only in "The Great Below".

And there's no such thing as privacy on the internet.

well, the backpack.tf community has nicknames for other sites, and most the time i do not believe that people who use the terms "autpost" or "ballzar" mean harm to the site in anyway.

My only disagreement is this. Team Fortress 2 is a rated M (18+) game. Even though outpost covers CSGO (rated M i think), Dota (M as well?) and some portal last i knew. But most people use outpost for TF2, CSGO or Dota, which are all M games. that being said, I believe that outpost should follow the "M" ranking. A M ranking is for mature, language used, etc and that the people using the games should be mature (M) enough to understand swear words. Now i know there are a lot of 11 year olds, but their parents are allowing them to play what will subject them to mature material and that even on outpost, that mature material should be allowed. Hell, even the forums allows swearing. But what outpost does is not up to me

OP might discourage cursing, but i've never seen them ban for it. 

Also, Dota is rated 'M', really? 

First off, autpost is more of a 'pet'-name (albeit a stupid one, and one that gets annoying to see--but thats for another time); the vast majority of the time that its said it said when someone just does something so unbelievably stupid (something that should be quite obvious). Do i use it? No, i think its just incredibly stupid, but that doesn't mean that its "wrong"/really insulting on the same level as a direct insult toward a user, its more of a general statement referring to the average intelligence of the average tf2 trader. 

Secondly, Bptf doesn't really "allow" it. You have to keep something in mind. Bp.tf isn't as serious of a community as SOP/OP/Bazaar; i tend to think of it as the Facebook of TF2-Trading. And i've already attempted to make a stand against spamming trades by trying to create an initiative to discourage people from spamming a trade--and it has helped quite a bit as there is far less spam. But to say backpack.tf allows it is just wrong. You have to keep something in mind, this is the great-below, where anything goes. Sourceop has a very similar Anti-Op/Shit-on-Op thread in the flame bucket. So to say that backpack.tf allows stuff like this really isn't a fair statement. 

Edit: Also, i feel like part of this whole thing being treated the way it is has something to do with the fact that Liddo was the mod who made the ban. Like i said backpack.tf is essentially Facebook of tf2-trading and a lot of regulars just screw with other regulars all the time--so i'm assuming one of the reasons this discussion took the turns it did was because it was a regular who made the ban. 

I understand it's a pet name. And I also think it's a horrible one. And everyone has the right to feel offended by it, specially autistic people. I also understand some people are not offended by it. That's why it's a hard call. And whoever makes this call will be the one where the blame falls on.

BP.tf does allow it if it does nothing about it. Lack of action implies allowance. If it does not allow it then something must be said or written forbidding it. And I welcome and staff member to clarify this. I don't dislike a section with loosened moderation, but I can't agree with allowing people to trash other communities. I ban people who make fun of bazaar on the TF2OP forums. But I'm not part of the bp.tf staff so I can't say what may or not be said in here.

I don't think it matters really which mod did it. It's not the first time it happens, and the result is always the same: trash talking outpost and its staff.

Archived