The Backpack.tf Podcast

λngelღмander

Based on the results we 'e getting, 5 minutes seems like a desired aemount, so we will stick to that.

Everything else you mentioned I can call dramatic irony, as that's exactly what we happened. :P

I made us each go nab a topic (items, effects, maps etc) then we told each other about it while recording, to implore discussion.

I appreciate the feedback.

similar to kritzkast, they have a word document with bullet points and as the show progresses they move on to different topics but also have discussions and relating different topics.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you're going to be talking about unusual effects, you should at least know the names of the effects you are talking about :P

I'm not saying this should be rehearsed or that you should have a bulleted agenda to which everyone adheres, but being precise about names and the way you describe things makes it easier to follow. I honestly had a hard time getting past the 5 minute mark. Maybe have a cheat sheet in front of you that you look over just before you start. You can let the convo go where it goes, but everyone involved should know the subject matter well. 

We had everything bulletted for take one. Then we found out the recording was skipping with sections just completely gone. Second take failed in about 3 minutes. Third take is what got posted, and yes, it was as rushed as it sounds. 

similar to kritzkast, they have a word document with bullet points and as the show progresses they move on to different topics but also have discussions and relating different topics.

We each had our own areas of coverage, which is why Angel seems out of place on some things he says either because he was wrong or he tried to add information he vaguely remember that I said basically once. It's also why you can hear me giving him a hard time when correcting his mistakes.

• 2 weeks later...

It's a shame about the mic volume of retro (I think, the one who talked bout mannpower) because he talked very clearly and detailed but his mic was very quiet. 
Maybe try lowering the music volume at times.

Edit: Nevermind, I saw the notice.

It's a shame about the mic volume of retro (I think, the one who talked bout mannpower) because he talked very clearly and detailed but his mic was very quiet. 

Maybe try lowering the music volume at times.

Edit: Nevermind, I saw the notice.

That's the most indirect / nicest thing I've heard all day.

That's a good idea, but the music kinda masked the static from our mics, with mine being the most afflicted.

Overall it seems we did okay. 4 people seems to fit perfect so we might keep it that way

• 1 month later...

For those of you who have been waiting for episode 4 of the podcast, I am currently working on some kinks in our setup.

I have higher hopes for this episode now that I have worked out a few issues, so stay tuned as we will figure out a good time to do it.

To give a small taste of what we have coming, our focus will be about Smissmas, and related topics.

For those of you who have been waiting for episode 4 of the podcast, I am currently working on some kinks in our setup.

I have higher hopes for this episode now that I have worked out a few issues, so stay tuned as we will figure out a good time to do it.

To give a small taste of what we have coming, our focus will be about Smissmas, and related topics.

Rumors and hats. Fun.

• 3 weeks later...

Ladies and Gentlemen, skrublords of all ages, may I please have your attention.

The podcast is undergoing a little bit of a shake-up as we enter the new year. Namely that we're actually going to get it bloody made.
Also a bit of good news (or I suspect bad news, to a few of you), Angel, the busy busy moderating man that he is, has named a new host dedicated to the podcast. And that would be me! Hi, I'm Gent. You've, probably heard of me ;)

I've got a few ideas of where I'm taking this old bird; I can hopefully guarantee you one high-quality podcast a month, as well as interviews, breaking news, and other items of interest. And all with the wit and energy you can expect from a British borderline-alcoholic comedian. Well, at least my accent's nice :P

Gent out. Peace. Get hype. etc

f256699e62.jpg

I hopefully will be drunk every podcast to bring you the laughter you need to not jump off a cliff everyday :P

FTFY I support this 100% and you should too.

Ladies and Gentlemen, skrublords of all ages, may I please have your attention.

The podcast is undergoing a little bit of a shake-up as we enter the new year. Namely that we're actually going to get it bloody made.

Also a bit of good news (or I suspect bad news, to a few of you), Angel, the busy busy moderating man that he is, has named a new host dedicated to the podcast. And that would be me! Hi, I'm Gent. You've, probably heard of me ;)

I've got a few ideas of where I'm taking this old bird; I can hopefully guarantee you one high-quality podcast a month, as well as interviews, breaking news, and other items of interest. And all with the wit and energy you can expect from a British borderline-alcoholic comedian. Well, at least my accent's nice :P

Gent out. Peace. Get hype. etc

f256699e62.jpg

If you dont talk about any comp news I'll banish you

to the shadow realm

Even with new management it still hasn't been made yet.

Fire them plz

Excuse me for spending some time with my family during the Christmas break.

Expect content by the end of the coming week.

Excuse me for spending some time with my family during the Christmas break.

Expect content by the end of the coming week.

Holding you to that. It has been said before by others and never happened.

Gentie~ | Backpack.tf: also, cut any of my funny one-liners and I'll cut you
Gentie~ | Backpack.tf: <3
ï¼´ï½ï½‚ï½™: ** one-tangenters
Gentie~ | Backpack.tf: can't spell tangent without gent

Gentie~ | Backpack.tf: But yeah, save the bloopers, I feel like we got some good ones with polar scaring me
ï¼´ï½ï½‚ï½™: dominance has been established
Gentie~ | Backpack.tf: And everything I ask you to do is with the understanding that don't if it's too much or too difficult, I respect your editing ability and I love you
ï¼´ï½ï½‚ï½™: I was about to say no, but the affection changed my mind.
Gentie~ | Backpack.tf: <3

Content is being editing. Expect it soon.

Don't be jealous, I love all of you

CALLING IT NOW:

No update until Saturday

Which would still be before the end of the week.

I don't entirely understand why you're acting quite so entitled.

Congrats on getting a podcast together, (and somehow without my knowing).

I'm not jealous at all

I swear

I'm listening to it now, but I'll post my thoughts afterward.

I feel like gent showed character growth, and I enjoyed listening to polar talk about random site stuff. I learned something about the site. Good podcast, *applause*

I'll upload a version with visuals on Youtube, if that's what is desired.

I'll upload (or whomever is there to record) the sound on Souncloud for future entries.

Like this post if you'd like a youtube version as well

Youtube version is coming later, but obviously that takes longer to edit and some people only listen to them anyway, so we'll be releasing it in both formats to please everyone.

This is so long, lol. I thought you were gonna cut it in half?

Archived