The Backpack.tf Podcast

λngelღмander

Podcast #1 - September 14, 2015

I have removed the video. If you are very interested in seeing it, you may contact Toby.

Gameplay by this person

I would like to talk about the first podcast. It's very badly put together, and we realize that. It's a lot harder than I think either myself or Toby imagined to talk for five minutes with very little support about a few assorted subjects, while simultaneously not being too general and maintaining a low bias. I tried my best to simply be unbiased and professional in this podcast, but I don't think it came out well.

Future renditions will most certainly come out better, especially with more people to help pick up the slack and more experience. With that in mind, I hope you were able to enjoy this brief test of sorts, and that you'll stick around to see more.

Podcast #2 - October 7, 2015

I'm pleased to announce the second podcast has been recorded. It took us far longer than we expected to follow through with it, as all of our members are in different time zones - spare two - and have different schedules. The few times we were together we just failed to prepare and execute the plan. In lieu of the constructive criticism we received over the original podcast, we completely changed our approach. This one was far more focused, and we went into detail about something new and exciting! When we happened to be together tonight, and the invasion update came out, we saw it as the golden opportunity - and the necessary motivation - to come out with episode two. If you have any suggestions for the third podcast, feel free to post them.

Podcast #3 - November 3, 2015

I must admit that I was hesitant to post this one. We had significant sound problems in the video, and I wasn't too proud about the way I and others spoke in this episode, I feel like this was a step back. At the behest of staff, I decided to post it anyway. Please try to enjoy the second episode in the podcast, bye!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

those chickens crowing 10/10

needs more people and needs longer coverage on each topic, other than that this was a good start

at least you guys' voices isn't comparable to a 6 year old's. 

i see no problems with it except for the longevity of the podcast, and more support from the secondary commentator.

put some fillers in god damnit 

I liked the background video. Your voice is also really clear and easy to follow. You kept it simple, which was good. I think that's a really promising start.

I'm sure you might already be thinking about this, but I think it should cover a single topic rather than a smattering of recent topics taken from the newsletter. People can and will read the recent topics there. But if you key in on one specific topic of interest in the news each week, it would probably give the podcast the kind of depth it ought to have.

This podcast was supposed to have at least a day's worth of planning involved, and I intended to do it with Gent, who is actually a standup comedian and would have helped me out a lot here. I didn't have much time to plan, and I really threw it together. I just wanted to have the first episode actually finished, so I could get a feel for how to approach the second one. This is far from perfection, and I definitely did jump around a bit, but I'll try to be more focused next time.

Not bad at all. It's pretty good for a start. One suggestion would be that you guys need a big topic to focus on and then later segway over to smaller events that happened that week. (and more rooster crowing)

Looking forward for the next podcast.

I'm not planning to be on there every video. only real static character would be Angelmander.

But yeah, Angelmander was so nervous he barely let me speak, although i didn't have much to say.

We both have things to work on.

Didn't expect puberty to make me sound like a forum bear, holy shiet

Interesting. This is certainly a step in the right direction, I like the idea of a podcast. Reminds me a little of Hat Galore, that series Strife did? It's nice to be able to catch up with things in a clear, concise video :D

• Administrators

Nice start guys. :) I agree with others that picking a single subject per podcast would be better, plus would allow for more discussion rather than just one person reading off a list of things to cover.

Think about why people listen to podcasts, too. I generally find that they fill one of two criteria; informative, or funny (though you can certainly be both if you want to.)

I could record tf2 demos for you to play back. Can't record because toaster but demos don't take much off my fps.

Seconded, I always have a demo or two lying around.

I'll totally be in the next one if Angel actually gives me some notice, instead of messaging me on the fly at 11 PM saying WE ARE PODCASTING NOW :)

But yeah, seconding Polar's comment that we should have a "focal point", if you like, something to get into a bit deeper on. That'd be sick.

Archived