The Backpack.tf Podcast

λngelღмander

Seconded, I always have a demo or two lying around.

http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/43236-backpacktf-podcast-gameplay-contest/

go over this thread if you wish to submit gameplay content. Just talk to Angelmander or me about it.

If you wish to submit, try to put it in a .mp4 format or something. had trouble with the above content tho.

Other than that, we are looking forward to content submissions! 

I'm not the best video editor, so throw some tips my way.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Huh, seems very intresting, 

you should make them a bit longer and talk about other games aswell.

You should also upload it to vimeo, just incase if something happens on youtube.

Keep up the good work.

BTW, i'll be the guest on next podcast  :)

TFW u r not an member of the podcast

We still have every plan to do this, and we meant to do one this past Monday, but some things got in the way.

One of us has a full time job, I have school on some days of the week, another lives in Britain... Planning a time when we can all be together is difficult.

I was remiss for not having taken the time to mention this before.

• 2 weeks later...

2nd one was definitely better, but I feel like Draco was the only one excited. Angelmander and Toby sounded bored and tired. Toby also needs more to say in the podcast - in the second podcast it felt like it was just Draco and Angelmander with Toby occasionally adding in comments.

2nd one was definitely better, but I feel like Draco was the only one excited. Angelmander and Toby sounded bored and tired. Toby also needs more to say in the podcast - in the second podcast it felt like it was just Draco and Angelmander with Toby occasionally adding in comments.

I'm a little surprised you think I sounded bored and tired. I was pretty excited too, I can't speak for toby but I was having a good time. 

I'm a little surprised you think I sounded bored and tired

I just think it's your voice. It's a bit monotonish. I enjoyed the hype Draco portrayed though. No offense. <3

I'm a little surprised you think I sounded bored and tired. I was pretty excited too, I can't speak for toby but I was having a good time. 

I had a good time too. I'm not one to go on a tangent like these two love to do. But I honestly liked listening to what they had to say. I'll try to work on my speaking skills though.

to make an analogy it was like Draco was twirling the yarn over our heads and Angelmander was actively participant for his share, while I just mostly watched it unfold. But i'm satisfied for this episode of the podcast.

I was toying with my mic throughout the whole video, thus why I sound rather quiet.

my low voice really impacts how enthusiastic i seem about things, but i'll work on it.

I believe Draco really spiced up the podcast as he isn't awkward like Angelmander and I.

It was like the first one except Angel had someone to talk to!

I just think it's your voice. It's a bit monotonish. I enjoyed the hype Draco portrayed though. No offense. <3

I'm easily amused and I like to be loud.

BTW, i'll be the guest on next podcast  :)

You lied > :(

I don't think your constant arguing in the video was constructive at all, in fact it distracted from the actual content a lot.

Also, how the fuck does anybody ever miss a Monty Python reference as clear as that...

I don't think your constant arguing in the video was constructive at all, in fact it distracted from the actual content a lot.

You... have, listened to a podcast before, right? It's not radio from the 1960's.

Also, how the fuck does anybody ever miss a Monty Python reference as clear as that...

We can't help but correct Angelmander's mistakes.

... What do you mean by actual content? If we just listed the Invasion content, that'd be unfulfilling.

You... have, listened to a podcast before, right? It's not radio from the 1960's.

"We're just a group of friends who are here to enjoy a casual conversation." - Angelmander

Yes, the point is to theme the video about the update, but not fully

If you're going to be talking about unusual effects, you should at least know the names of the effects you are talking about :P

I'm not saying this should be rehearsed or that you should have a bulleted agenda to which everyone adheres, but being precise about names and the way you describe things makes it easier to follow. I honestly had a hard time getting past the 5 minute mark. Maybe have a cheat sheet in front of you that you look over just before you start. You can let the convo go where it goes, but everyone involved should know the subject matter well. 

If you're going to be talking about unusual effects, you should at least know the names of the effects you are talking about :P

I'm not saying this should be rehearsed or that you should have a bulleted agenda to which everyone adheres, but being precise about names and the way you describe things makes it easier to follow. I honestly had a hard time getting past the 5 minute mark. Maybe have a cheat sheet in front of you that you look over just before you start. You can let the convo go where it goes, but everyone involved should know the subject matter well. 

When we started recording this, it was minutes after we learned about the update. We missed unusual effects because we didn't even know they existed yet, we tried to cover what we could with the information we had. I think it would have sounded a lot better if we'd waited until the following morning, but all of us being together at the same time, and having that update drop, spurred us to do it right then. The reason I had such a hard time with the effects was because I closed the tab I had the information in, and couldn't get it back up in time, so I had to wing the entire section by memory. Definitely places to improve upon.

Edit: The podcast is a learning experience for all of us, and I think we'll be better as time goes on. Public speaking, not even just being recorded, is a new adventure, but as all things do, we will grow with time.

I actually am sorry that you didn't enjoy it, I realize that a podcast isn't for everyone, but hopefully we can ensnare your attention next time. (I'm not implying a podcast isn't for you, I'm speaking in general terms.) Anyway, thank you for the feedback! :D

Based on the results we 'e getting, 5 minutes seems like a desired amount, so we will stick to that.

Everything else you mentioned I can call dramatic irony, as that's exactly what we happened. :P

I made us each go nab a topic (items, effects, maps etc) then we told each other about it while recording, to implore discussion.

I appreciate the feedback.

Archived