Steam OS / Steam box

@@@@@@

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the trackpad idea, that sounds pretty cool; although i'm sure how it would actually play...But those grips look way to big and oddly shaped to be comfortable.

I like the trackpad idea, that sounds pretty cool; although i'm sure how it would actually play...But those grips look way to big and oddly shaped to be comfortable.

Looks no bigger then xbox controller. And the nice curve looks comfy

And it does have back buttons on the grips so its made with that in mind for proper hand position

im not going over to the steam controller by any means. i cant play f1 on that thing. and id like the buttons to be on one side, not both. because if i need to look around when doing a combo, i cant. ill just stand there. doing my combo, getting raped by a xbox controller because i cant move.

no, the trackpads look awesome, but man, they have a long way to go before ill abandon my xbox controller

Lol, I borrowed my friends gamepad and got that one :D

I went to a box of controllers I had buried somewhere which hasn't been used it 5ish years, took one out, plugged it in, and played some smb to get the lvl 1 badge. Then made a fake beta entry since its 2 and a half badges if I made the badges out of cards.

I'm sure the steam controller is actually pretty comfortable, it just probably has to be held in a different way than an XBox controller. I personally like the idea of the bigger grips.

I want steam OS, and sorta want the controller as well. 

Im considering building an HTPC, and while I do have a wireless 360 controller, every time I die in meat boy/get hit in they bleed pixels, it turns off. I then need to reactivate it, and that gets annoying considering how many times you die in both games. 

steam OS is really perfect htpc material. 

I can potentially put together a LAN rig for under 435 USD using little bits n bobs I have lying around. 

I have a 7750 lying around, 8GB of RAM, a 650W PSU... I really just wanna buy a prodigy and shove it all in there. 

didnt even know titan and 4770 ran on 450w

Steam worked its magic and made it so (but only in their prototype) 

I personally would upgrade the power supply right away

Steam worked its magic and made it so (but only in their prototype) 

I personally would upgrade the power supply right away

450 gold is like 500 or 530 if i remember correctly. but i cant imagine that running stable at that low wattage

450 gold is like 500 or 530 if i remember correctly. but i cant imagine that running stable at that low wattage

I'd assume valve tested it thoroughly.....why would they want to give out faulty test models? (doesn't really make sense as it would just make their idea look bad). 

I'd assume valve tested it thoroughly.....why would they want to give out faulty test models? (doesn't really make sense as it would just make their idea look bad). 

doesnt mean it wont run. like most pre built machines they ship with very low watts, it will run. but at times it can get troublesome. for like the turbo function on titan. id be surpriced if that even worked. its like 100 or 150 watts under recommended for titan

doesnt mean it wont run. like most pre built machines they ship with very low watts, it will run. but at times it can get troublesome. for like the turbo function on titan. id be surpriced if that even worked. its like 100 or 150 watts under recommended for titan

Not what i meant....

Valve is shipping out the systems to "prove" its idea....why ship out something thats flawed (especially when it only saves them $20~)? 

Not what i meant....

Valve is shipping out the systems to "prove" its idea....why ship out something thats flawed (especially when it only saves them $20~)? 

because 20$x100000 is 2m usd.

where there's money to be save, there's always people that will squeeze every little thing possible out from it.

And plan for you to upgrade. So they might intent on you personally upgrading but making beta users upgrade a power supply to get the most out of it. 

So they get feedback on how easy it is to upgrade

because 20$x100000 is 2m usd.

where there's money to be save, there's always people that will squeeze every little thing possible out from it.

Or, they could use a 770 instead of the titan and save like $400 a unit....770 is more than enough to run anything they could need. 

Archived