Steam OS / Steam box

@@@@@@

Stop, just please stop. You have no clue what is coming out of your mouth. 

I know exactly what I'm saying. SteamOS will be successful enough so that Microsoft and Apple will fail and won't be in the OS business anymore.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In all seriousness, I think that SteamOS will put those bastards Microsoft and Apple to shame.

Are you fucking retarded? The thing runs Linux and doesn't even support OpenGL

Where did you hear it won't run OpenGL?

Oops, I meant DirectX, and sorry, I wasn't trying to be rude. but DirectX currently is not on Linux. All they have is OpenGL, which very few games really run on. I doubt it'll support many games, it's just hard to port stuff to Linux. People won't buy it because it doesn't support many games. People won't develop for it because not many people buy it.

Oops, I meant DirectX, and sorry, I wasn't trying to be rude. but DirectX currently is not on Linux. All they have is OpenGL, which very few games really run on. I doubt it'll support many games, it's just hard to port stuff to Linux. People won't buy it because it doesn't support many games. People won't develop for it because not many people buy it.

Well, Valve has been working with developers to port their games over to Linux, and Valve prefers OpenGL over DirectX, so I think that maybe because of Valve's support for Linux, more developers will make the switch over time. Same way how Gaben ported Doom over to Windows when he worked for Microsoft to prove that Windows was great for gaming.

Can you participate in the beta if you don't have a xbox controller?

Or is there a way to bypass this?

You don't need a controller. You can use a keyboard and mouse as you please.

You don't need a controller. You can use a keyboard and mouse as you please.

i gave your posts a chance. maybe you just wanted to fit in. but you're now acting like the all knowing asshole who honestly doesnt know shit. you havent even read the beta rules have you?

but to answer who ever had that question, maybe you can use xpadder or xinput somehow. havent tried since i own 4 xbox controllers just for my pc

ok, please tell us how a keyboard and a mouse is a gamepad

Valve said themselves that you can use a keyboard and mouse. They never said it required a gamepad, just that it was designed with one in mind.

i gave your posts a chance. maybe you just wanted to fit in. but you're now acting like the all knowing asshole who honestly doesnt know shit. you havent even read the beta rules have you?

but to answer who ever had that question, maybe you can use xpadder or xinput somehow. havent tried since i own 4 xbox controllers just for my pc

"Am I going to be using a mouse and a keyboard in the living-room?

If you want. But Steam and SteamOS work well with gamepads, too. Stay tuned, though - we have some more to say very soon on the topic of input."

"Am I going to be using a mouse and a keyboard in the living-room?

If you want. But Steam and SteamOS work well with gamepads, too. Stay tuned, though - we have some more to say very soon on the topic of input."

Condition one for the beta: "Launch and play a game using a gamepad in Big Picture mode"

You lose

Condition one for the beta: "Launch and play a game using a gamepad in Big Picture mode"

You lose

I'm guessing it only applies to the beta then. I doubt they would restrict the use of keyboard/mice especially since it would give people a huge advantage over you. 

I'm guessing it only applies to the beta then. I doubt they would restrict the use of keyboard/mice especially since it would give people a huge advantage over you. 

I think it is just a condition for the beta

Hm okay. I'll just let it rest.  ^_^

I had to have a gamepad plugged in and using it during a tf2 match before I got the badge for it. My laptop keyboard and wireless mouse did not activate the badge. 

$.02

Archived