TheVenomWithin's Appeal Petition:

TheVenomWithin

which I found humorous

which I found humorous

Case in point; you always make a joke out of the fact that you sharked someone. 

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Point a:

that was actually a comment sent in from either Sphere and box or Pomp, which I found humorous. I got a request to leave it on my profile, so I did.

this is a situation where you would use your judgement and decide showcasing your "WINTER WEEDSMAN" shark for everyone to see was a bad idea

just cause some guy who types in all caps a lot and embodies two geometric shapes says to do something, doesnt mean you do it

Point C: Posted it here to make it public to all the users. Got the answer I was expecting to hear from Baloo and Sox, the two larger opinions that mattered in this situation.

It already was public knowledge. Your Outpost appeal was just a copy-paste of your "I'm Sorry" thread which you made the same day you appealed and returned the unusual. Now you have just copy-pasted the same information to your petition.

It already was public knowledge. Your Outpost appeal was just a copy-paste of your "I'm Sorry" thread which you made the same day you appealed and returned the unusual. Now you have just copy-pasted the same information to your petition.

Consider it a refresher then. Do accept my add as i'd like to talk in private.

Consider it a refresher then. Do accept my add as i'd like to talk in private.

Its currently 1:30 AM, and I am not overly in the mood for a long-winded conversation. I am a trade/post moderator of tf2outpost.com and just another forum user here. I cannot honestly think of anything that could transpire in a private conversation which would benefit either of us. I hold no authority over your current standing on the site I moderate, and I believe it is clear to multiple users there is a mutually shared dislike between us. If you wish to still continue to say anything privately, then I suggest you PM me here. I wish to be able to fully contemplate any reply I may potentially state instead of anything in a Steam chat which could be misconstrued.

I don't usually like to comment on these things but i feel everyone's missed an important point.

I believe you have 2 main issues

The first being that you love to use the shark moniker. You make jokes about it, you constantly bring it up, talk about it, have it on your profile etc etc. I believe it would be most beneficial to you to just quit using this moniker completely. Everything about it just stop. Don't talk about, don't encourage it, don't joke about it, just let it go. I'm certain more people would or will have more respect for you if they arent being strangled by your incessant need to bring it up or have it around you. It will also give the appearance that you are more remorseful instead of making it seem like it was just a bad joke.

The 2nd issue is that you seem to be at a crossroad about what it is that you want to do. You gave the hat back, you have added unboxers to warn them about sharking and scams, and you have even helped some people sell their hats. But then you turnaround and dump your hats for a much nicer hat from other unboxers. I'm not saying you sharked these people but its safe to say that you got a good deal out of it. You might genuinely not be sharking or profiting off these inexperienced traders but based off your past acts you will inevitable be judged in a much harsher light. For example when Wayne made a suggestion for a hat and Polar told him that a sunbeams veil is worth more then the current bp.tf price, Wayne just said Polar said this hat is worth this much without showing proof. This angered Polar because it gave the impression that Polar is making up prices to help his friends. Which of course wasnt true as Polar provided proof of the veil being worth more then the bp.tf price. No one was really criticizing Polar or Wayne about it but it didn't stop Polar from getting frustrated because he understood how people would think of him and other bp mods due to how Wayne worded and didnt know he had to put proof of the newer price for the veil. Which applies to your case since people will inevitable see the trades you have made with unboxers and question your actions especially with your previous acts. If your focus was solely on getting unbanned you should refrain from trading with these unboxers or risk questions being brought up whether you have changed. Theres even a gif on your profile showing stallone and jason fist bumping with the written caption when i score a cheap hat. I believe you should make up your mind of what you want to do. Is it clear your name and get unbanned from outpost. Or do you want to profit from trading with newer trades. The reason this is a concern is because you cant really do both and expect things to change. These trades will be brought up and questioned which will hurt your reputation and getting unbanned from outpost. If you were to just give up on getting unbanned and focuse solely profit off inexperienced traders you would probably make not only a lot more profit, but save your time as well as a lot of frustration from trying to get unbanned. Especially since a big reason people avoid sharking is to not get banned from outpost which you already have.

I'm not encouraging or condoning sharking im just taking the lawyer route and telling you what you should do regardless of what is right and wrong, and its up to you to choose what to do.

Getting public support to support an unban from tf2outpost has shown to not help your cause. This should only be used as a last resort after your appeal is DENIED only. Due to your current and previous actions i dont believe you have much of a chance of getting unbanned but i do wish you luck.

I would've liked to include quotation marks and other grammatical marks but im currently cursed with unremovable sticky keys ;_;

. I believe you should make up your mind of what you want to do. Is it clear your name and get unbanned from outpost. Or do you want to profit from trading with newer trades. The reason this is a concern is because you cant really do both and expect things to change. These trades will be brought up and questioned which will hurt your reputation and getting unbanned from outpost. If you were to just give up on getting unbanned and focuse solely profit off inexperienced traders you would probably make not only a lot more profit, but save your time as well as a lot of frustration from trying to get unbanned. Especially since a big reason people avoid sharking is to not get banned from outpost which you already have.

This is a good point but you must understand a few things from my perspective. 

I can't trade anywhere. I literally have three things to trade on. Backpack.tf, Firepowered (Trade server), and only recently, Vatican. This limits my capabilities to trading and making profit as a whole. I'd also like to point out yes I do make a few keys here and there from "unexperienced" unboxers, however in all the profit I do make i'm 100% honest and truthful in everything I do. And you're right, Occasionally I help others not get sharked or overall teach them the basics. This is done in a few situations. if the item is god tier, (Or out of my price range that is,) I always help the user out if I am the first there. Same with untradeable unboxes. Usually what ends up happening is I add the user, ask if their item is for trade, proceed to offer, and if they decline or its not for sale I then refer them to my guide and teach them the basics. If I can't buy the hat, neither should sharks out there. It's also sad to point out that most of the users that tell me their hat isn't for sale end up selling it for a lot less than what I was planning on offering. To name a few, Burning HWNN, A few unusual taunts including a laugh taunt, and so on and so forth. I admit that I may not always pay an "upgrade" to the user, I make sure that everything I do is legimate price wise and negotiation wise.

A suggestion I got which i'll be putting into use is to provide screenshot evidence of every conversation I have with an "unexperienced user" to clear questions or slander up. EX The C9 antler deal I did recently. I got in a wee bit of trouble with that, when it was clear I didn't shark him at all.

So what's the solution then. Quit trading? The only way I can expect an appeal (Aside from the few things listed above about attitude, etc etc) is if I complete many legitimate high value trades to prove I no longer shark. I will admit, I make a lot of my profit out of unusual unboxes. But why does that make me a shark? So do many other active forum users here. Not to point out names, but we have several uses whom also camp out bp.tf premium, the market, etc etc to look for steal deals and easy profit. What's the difference? They aren't boastful and prideful about it. They are quiet and usually end up getting no shit about it because nothing was proven. Lets take a look at Wayne for example. He does the same thing I do. He's accused of sharking. only difference? he didn't get caught before. No reason to not trust him as he has a lot of rep elsewhere.  Not accusing him of anything, but he does make a lot of profit out of unboxes (Self admitted by him.)

I'd also like to bring something up in which perhaps the moderators or staff here can confirm. IIRC, Prior to the woodsman event, I do not recall ever using bp.tf premium to add up unboxers, or look for unusuals to "profit" on. All of my profit was made from outpost, as well as servers such as tf2-t and PPM. It's also important to note to the select few whom believed I searched for this woodsman to profit, I was not bp.tf premium at that time, and was approached by the unboxer and not the other way around. I made a wrong call, but whats done is done.

I liked him. He's basically like most of us here. Basically he loves making very very small things into huge ass events.

That Debra stuff was so tiny, but Debra made it such a big deal to get as much attention as possible.

I find many of us just want extreme amounts of attention here, and this pretty much proves it. Just watch more posts revolving around bans and you will notice my point. It's a huge attention seeking romp.

Toughsox is a very very respectable man, you gotta do something pretty dumb to piss him off.

What debra stuff?

Sorry if its off topic , im just curious and apparently alot of shit happened when i took a break from trading

What debra stuff?

Sorry if its off topic , im just curious and apparently alot of shit happened when i took a break from trading

Read the entire newsletter, anything that happened with debra is there. For a TL;DR:

Debra got marked on steamrep for a trade he made on purpose, then started bragging about it and scamming and other ungodly deeds, then he followed it up by making note of it on the formus.

Grow up and start acting more maturely i.e stop joking about your shark attempt and maybe Outpost will consider unbanning you. Teeird was unbanned, after all.

I can't trade anywhere. I literally have three things to trade on. Backpack.tf, Firepowered (Trade server), and only recently, Vatican. This limits my capabilities to trading and making profit as a whole. 

Should've thought about that before you, and you admitted you did this before, sharked him.

Why would trading spots want someone sharking their community?

Really guys, attacking him? (According to the newsletter.)

Anyways, my opinion on venom.

I've known venom since i've joined the forums.

Wasn't there a guy which was a fan of him w/o anything sharking related? That he was a swell G? 

I like him, even after he sharked that unusual.

I knew him before he actually sharked somebody. (Well, not that well but just on the forums.)

We all know you don't have alot of maturity,

if you get some maturity you can get an unban and maybe be known for something else that isn't bad.

Also, sharking is a stupid reason to get banned, you only lowball and they accept it, people investigate it and are like OMFG SHARKER CONFIRMED EVEN THO I DON'T HAVE PROOF THAT THE TRADE WAS ACCEPTED BY THE PERSON AND THE PERSON WAS FINE WITH IT! I KNOW IT WILL BE ACCEPTED BECAUSE HE LOWBALLED THE SHIT OUT OF IT OMGOMGOMMGOGMGOGMG!11!11!!!!1!1!1!

Anyways, i'm going offtopic here.

Anyways, i like Venom, (Even if he is a jerk.)

hate the fuck out of me, venom is a swell person and sharked like what 1-2 unusuals?

Yeah i fucking know he is a fucking jerk and an attention whore, but doesn't everybody deserves a second chance, like me. (Atleast, i hope tho.)

What does it make a diffrence if people sharked or not? They still are a part of the community. (As you see Venom isn't banned on the site and forums.)

He will be once unbanned from TF2OP, he will once be mature enough to know sharking is bad. 

Anyways, 

TL;DR Venom is a nice guy even if he is an f°°°°° jerk & attention whore.

MY FUCKING GRAMMER! GRAMMER NAZI'S COMMENCE!

Expecting alot of hate. XD

Really guys, attacking him? (According to the newsletter.)

Anyways, my opinion on venom.

I've known venom since i've joined the forums.

Wasn't there a guy which was a fan of him w/o anything sharking related? That he was a swell G? 

I like him, even after he sharked that unusual.

I knew him before he actually sharked somebody. (Well, not that well but just on the forums.)

We all know you don't have alot of maturity,

if you get some maturity you can get an unban and maybe be known for something else that isn't bad.

Also, sharking is a stupid reason to get banned, you only lowball and they accept it, people investigate it and are like OMFG SHARKER CONFIRMED EVEN THO I DON'T HAVE PROOF THAT THE TRADE WAS ACCEPTED BY THE PERSON AND THE PERSON WAS FINE WITH IT! I KNOW IT WILL BE ACCEPTED BECAUSE HE LOWBALLED THE SHIT OUT OF IT OMGOMGOMMGOGMGOGMG!11!11!!!!1!1!1!

Anyways, i'm going offtopic here.

Anyways, i like Venom, (Even if he is a jerk.)

hate the fuck out of me, venom is a swell person and sharked like what 1-2 unusuals?

Yeah i fucking know he is a fucking jerk and an attention whore, but doesn't everybody deserves a second chance, like me. (Atleast, i hope tho.)

What does it make a diffrence if people sharked or not? They still are a part of the community. (As you see Venom isn't banned on the site and forums.)

He will be once unbanned from TF2OP, he will once be mature enough to know sharking is bad. 

Anyways, 

TL;DR Venom is a nice guy even if he is an f°°°°° jerk & attention whore.

MY FUCKING GRAMMER! GRAMMER NAZI'S COMMENCE!

Expecting alot of hate. XD

he's 10x more mature than you, you lied about your age even, so I wouldn't make that point if I were you

he's 10x more mature than you, you lied about your age even, so I wouldn't make that point if I were you

10x matureder then me? k

Since i respect everybody's opinion, it's ok man... 

Set your anger free.

Me and venom started talkin after he quote on quote "Sharked" because everybody saying he sharked the hat, while I disagreed saying he didn't use any deciving ways to getting it.

And till this day I still don't think he sharked the hat, but the trader did get a really bad deal on it.

And to be honest, before he returned the hat, I told him NOT to return it, and said it wouldn't help the matter.

10x matureder then me? k

Since i respect everybody's opinion, it's ok man... 

Set your anger free.

the fuck is that supposed to mean...

Isnt the definition of sharking : Lying to a user about the value of his / your item to get a good deal

Venom didint do dat

Me and venom started talkin after he quote on quote "Sharked" because everybody saying he sharked the hat, while I disagreed saying he didn't use any deciving ways to getting it.

And till this day I still don't think he sharked the hat, but the trader did get a really bad deal on it.

And to be honest, before he returned the hat, I told him NOT to return it, and said it wouldn't help the matter.

Well he did take advantage of a newbie in order to profit greatly from his god tier 1st gen unbox. I believe that is sharking right? Just because the guy knew no better doesn't mean it wasn't sharking.

Isnt the definition of sharking : Lying to a user about the value of his / your item to get a good deal

Venom didint do dat

Your opinion is noted, Unfortunately the others don't feel that way. The only opinion that matters is the Outpost staff, and they've made their intentions pretty clear. The other communities (And the people of the community) just bandwagoned on the hate train once they realized I was banned from Outpost.

Venom didint do dat

I've said this before, and I'll say it again. There are varying degrees of sharking -- active sharking and passive sharking.

Active sharking being one you actively deceive the target in order to trick them into the trade. While passive sharking is just giving the user what they're asking for. And then each type can then be subdivided once more into someone who looks for someone to shark and someone who just stumbles across someone to shark. 

Your opinion is noted, Unfortunately the others don't feel that way. The only opinion that matters is the Outpost staff, and they've made their intentions pretty clear. The other communities (And the people of the community) just bandwagoned on the hate train once they realized I was banned from Outpost.

It's not an opinion, read outpost rules and literally what Toughsox told you TWICE.

I also see you still have not taken account into what TWO outpost moderators say and have changed your name back to the immature "Nitro Is Salty" and continue to make jokes about the ordeal.

Sigh... this really is not the place for this sort of thing. Making a scene only makes you look petty. I'm glad that outpost moderators are willing to respond to topics in our forums, but importing drama from other sites and making petitions to record how much attention you are receiving is one of the worst ways to handle something like this.

Verbal warning.

Archived