TheVenomWithin's Appeal Petition:

TheVenomWithin

He tried to use alts? geez, thats low

using alts when having an open appeal is actually stupid,like me,i have used 3 alts and made myself delayed to end of june (ban appeal was reviewed in january or february)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This will be the last time I comment on anything related to you Venom, on this entire sharking incident.

I will begin with.......I am still trying to figure out how earlier in your status report, when you say that the sharking incident is my (and Outposts) opinion, a comment such as this? http://outpost.gg/ts/k3198s.png  Guess it's only my opinion if I think it, but you saying it means exactly what???? 

Stop trying to get people to see your 'side' of this as if you are some sort of innocent victim in all this.  Prior to me adding you, no less than a dozen people and Admins from other communities told you on your trade post what you did was wrong. You also told me others had been adding you about this unusual. You even had the nerve to tell one Community Admin to 'Get in line to ban you" clearly shows you knew damn well where this was leading.

I gave you the choice to return it BEFORE you were banned. We spoke for almost 45 minutes, trying to convince you what was right and wrong, which you clearly knew what you did.  As much leeway as I tried to give you, at the end of the conversation, you're exact words to me were "I'll take the ban", and "Do what you need to do"  

Believe me, wasting over an hour (as it took time before and after talking to you to do my report) was by admission, not my concern for you or what it may do to your reputation. Quite honestly, I could give a rats ass about your precious rep.....far as I'm concerned, it sucks.

No, the reason I volunteer to do this job, besides trying my best to keep the scammers and alts at bay, is on those rare occasions that I can right a wrong, and in this case, get someone back an item that at the time of that unusuals value, was over $1500 of a loss for him.  THAT'S why I spent hours a day doing what I do, for those innocent people that fall victim to liars and dubious con-men. 

So fine..... you decided to man up, stick to your guns and take the fall. Great.......now get over it already.  This petition thing you have going, like E-Trader said, with 500000 signatures, will mean nothing to me or anyone else.

Your ACTIONS will determine when and if you ever get unbanned. Twisting around what happened, and calling it 'opinions'......like Baloo said, you clearly have not taken any of this seriously. 

using alts when having an open appeal is actually stupid,like me,i have used 3 alts and made myself delayed to end of june (ban appeal was reviewed in january or february)

IIRC the appeal wasn't open at the time I made alts.

I have a question, someone please answer.

Was Venom like, consistently liked by everyone? I only recently found out about how fucked up the sharking thing is, but, was he every generally liked?

Its a serious question, not trying to be rude.

Why would you make the alts at all?

\(._.)/

he probably still wont take anything seriously considering he spent a good 10 minutes trying to troll me with lenny faces and calling his sharking an opinion

also:

1d2badd9ce.jpg

*nitro part not my point

stop displaying your sharking like its some fucking achievement. cause its not. (quotations are not needed either, if you want to be proper. a shark is a shark.)

Was Venom like, consistently liked by everyone? I only recently found out about how fucked up the sharking thing is, but, was he every generally liked?

IIRC I was just another shit poster not known for anything till the event took place.

I was just your every day average unusual trader with occasional broker and middle man reputation. I also ran a server. A lot more people liked me back then.

he probably still wont take anything seriously considering he spent a good 10 minutes trying to troll me with lenny faces and calling his sharking an opinion

-snip

As everyone points out, I'm known for sharking the said woodsman. I don't really take much pride in that, but it's just a fact. Can't and wont change regardless of my future actions.

Oh hell no. When he sharked them hats he was seen as a Penek, but with more EOTL than Burning things.

I don't know why the community opinion swapped.

It's still stupid; hell even when I get temp banned I'll close all my trades on my alt (assuming I'm using my alt...which I haven't even touched in months).

As everyone points out, I'm known for sharking the said woodsman. I don't really take much pride in that, but it's just a fact. Can't and wont change regardless of my future actions.

you don't take pride in it, but its just a fact

so, you feel the need to make your name, sig, and other things about this "fact"

dude, nothing you're saying is making sense

and you're contradicting yourself.  -_-

you still act like its a fucking joke considering you called it a weedsman

start taking shit seriously if you really want to fix things. not just returning the hat to some kid who didnt even care in the first place 

act more mature too, pasting lenny faces everywhere (i did it once though), telling me to "try harder kid", and making a joke out of everything only makes you look ever more stupid

A few things both directed both venom and the peeps who have replied on this thread:

1) He sharked, we get it there isnt a need to constantly insert the fact that venom sharked in the past (more directed at Ustoob&Nitro) at every wake moment. At this point with the amount of posts I see you and others "having a go" at venom I would consider cyber bully.

2) Venom making his shark ban a joke should not be an issue nor a factor in his appeal, he made a mistake and is trying to make up for it. Him helping others, returning the hat was his choice and should be the main focus. This is a pretty close forum where members recognise each other and joke with each other. A person who has made a mistake shouldn't be dwelling on the fact and being "sad" every time the topic comes up (especially with how many users who keep bringing it up) however, with that said it would be in the best interest of venom ignore comments rather than trying to make it a joke to "down play" the topic as it comes off as you not caring.

3) You are not special. Making a petition for outpost to unban you is very immature and everyone waits in line. If you have been banned you appeal and wait for it to be over looked making an petition to get the community on your side not only annoys the mods who will be making the decision on your appeal but makes you seem like a self entitled prick.

4) The way you word you petition is essentially "I screwed up but, I did a bunch of nice things hence I deserve another chance". This to me seems more of an attack than an appeal and your "self entitlement" really shows.

5) You made alts to avoid your ban. That is the most stupid thing to do. Now you can either remain banned for sharking or remain banned for ban evasion. Your pick. Trying to appeal a ban by breaking the rules is not at all smart.

Venom, stop using IIRC please. 

While you say you've matured in the last few months, I can't tell. I met you quite recently after the incident, and the only change I see is a more concerted effort to remain professional, and that motive is somewhat a failure. 

I hate to be harsh venom, but giving that hat back was both your greatest move morally and your worst move financially. Outpost will not unban you, because you've demonstrated your ability and willingness to shark, and your willingness to try to avoid the consequences. When faced with the choice, you rejected freedom in favor of the ephemeral euphoria that hat brought you.

Nothing you can ever do will expedite your appeal process, if there even is any hope for you. Your fatal mistake was long ago, and irreversible. Sometimes you pull out the wrong jenga piece, and no amount of begging will make that tower rebuild itself.

If you want to try to gather the tatters of your reputation and stitch them into a cloth to warm yourself at night, you must first completely cease talking about it in any capacity. You're not helping your case when you make threads like this. The 'petition' is not going to help your case, the outpost admins do not operate by popular vote. Even if they did, there are far more naysayers than there are people who want to see you with an extra chance.

You have to give the community your very best face, at least for a year or more, and contain the immaturity inside until it's dissipated, and then, when everyone likes you because you've become someone they tolerated and eventually liked or loved, quietly ask the outpost admins to review your appeal behind closed doors, and give them the time they need to get to your case without causing more problems, and in the mean time maintain good trading behavior. 

In the end, it might not matter, but you can still go down with dignity.

I liked him. He's basically like most of us here. Basically he loves making very very small things into huge ass events.

That Debra stuff was so tiny, but Debra made it such a big deal to get as much attention as possible. 

I find many of us just want extreme amounts of attention here, and this pretty much proves it. Just watch more posts revolving around bans and you will notice my point. It's a huge attention seeking romp. 

Toughsox is a very very respectable man, you gotta do something pretty dumb to piss him off.

A few things both directed both venom and the peeps who have replied on this thread:

1) He sharked, we get it there isnt a need to constantly insert the fact that venom sharked in the past (more directed at Ustoob&Nitro) at every wake moment. At this point with the amount of posts I see you and others "having a go" at venom I would consider cyber bully.

Fite me

It may seem like venom is being attacked, but really, the more he tries to fight this, the more people will say their opinions, even if its harsh

It may seem like venom is being attacked, but really, the more he tries to fight this, the more people will say their opinions, even if its harsh

I'm no longer attempting to put up a pathetic fight that I know I wont win. Congrats Nitro and the others for accomplishing the one goal they wanted.

Good bye.

I'm no longer attempting to put up a pathetic fight that I know I wont win. Congrats Nitro and the others for accomplishing the one goal they wanted.

Good bye.

my goal was to make you take things seriously instead of being stupid

if thats the case, then good. good luck in building your rep and i hope your attitude changes.

Ok, from reading through this, I think a couple things are clear. Venom, you quite clearly do not care that you sharked someone. You proudly display on your profile that you are the guy who sharked a hat. You want to be known by all. I think the only reason you ever returned the hat was because you wanted to try and avoid an OP ban. Now you are trying to rally people around you to get your OP ban undone thinking that if people support you, they will overturn your ban. I don't think you are sorry at all that you sharked in the first place. If you wanted to get the ban undone, you needed to be more humble and apologize and then actually show some regret about what you did. Instead, you just go around and act like everyone is wrong for saying what you did is wrong. Then you go and use alts to use OP. I was an admin on wikia for a time. I don't care what you did, if you got banned and then used alts to come back, I would make the ban permanent. That is about the dumbest thing you could do. So if you want my support, tough luck, I am in favor of a permanent ban.

Good bye.

Our goals were to make you, not only acknowledged you fucked up, but not try to make excuses for it and justify it.

and, we failed, cuz, no offense, but your head is so far up your asshole that you try to cover up shitty things.

Ok, from reading through this, I think a couple things are clear. Venom, you quite clearly do not care that you sharked someone. You proudly display on your profile that you are the guy who sharked a hat. You want to be known by all. I think the only reason you ever returned the hat was because you wanted to try and avoid an OP ban. Now you are trying to rally people around you to get your OP ban undone thinking that if people support you, they will overturn your ban. I don't think you are sorry at all that you sharked in the first place. If you wanted to get the ban undone, you needed to be more humble and apologize and then actually show some regret about what you did. Instead, you just go around and act like everyone is wrong for saying what you did is wrong. Then you go and use alts to use OP. I was an admin on wikia for a time. I don't care what you did, if you got banned and then used alts to come back, I would make the ban permanent. That is about the dumbest thing you could do. So if you want my support, tough luck, I am in favor of a permanent ban.

point a: What I have on my profile is not me boasting, it's a fact. I'm called a title that has and will stick with me forever. Might as well let the person whos trading/browsing my profile know, because thats all I ever have and ever will be known for.

point b: In actuality the main reason I returned the hat is because Harsheldon (http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198073062050/) Had a genuine conversation with me. him being one of the few that got me banned to begin with, we had a long hour upon hour discussion where he successfully convinced me to feel sorry about my actions and return the hat. As many have mentioned, this was a mistake now and I see that. Regardless of what I did with the hat i'll still be seen for whom I am and what I did. Me trying to appeal? That's a joke. I'm sure you all see it as a joke. I understand now throughout the many conversations i've had with a few actual friends that I have and will be permanetly tarnished and never will become anything. Those bans are there to stay, least from what i've seen from the aboves post.

point c: The main reason I posted this is to have the appeal be shown in public, for the forums here to review the said report. Like listed above I already knew the petition thing was a joke, and the op staff wouldnt give two shits about how much support it could have gotten.

Point d: I don't need nor want your support, I could care less about  your opinion  about me is as you are staff at no where noteworthy as far as my ban is considered.

I've tried trading fairly, I've tried continuing on.

I'd like to thank the small few whove supported me throughout my journey.

Me returning the hat has gotten me nothing but a few insignificant users opinions changed on me.  The fact of the matter is, the people that actually matter here have made their intentions clear. They don't care about what I do from here, or what i've tried doing. The responses here pretty much sum up what I was looking for to begin with, an actual answer on my appeal. I got that answer now, thanks. Don't have to wait a year to get a response, because that has just been answered.

Good bye. I'll make one or two more responses if another reply actually  holds any water.

From a personal standpoint, I believe Venom was generally unknown on the forums before he sharked the unusual. I would not have even known he had sharked the unusual until he caused a large uproar about it in the status updates. The first impression I ever recall of Venom is him posting a status along the lines of 'I don't regret sharking the user, and I don't care what you say'. He obviously was met with backlash once people finally figured out what happened (I personally had no clue), and he created multiple other statuses trying to defend himself. Of course, any time Venom feels as though he is losing a status, he deletes it, so none of the evidence of these incidents exist. However, this is my first impression of Venom, and I cannot say it was pleasant.

It is also one of the reasons I find it so ironic and irritating for him to constantly joke about the shark, and the good deed he performed by returning it a little over 2 months after it happened when he tried to clear his name and become a 'reputable' administrator of sourcerep.net.

-snip-

Point A: that sounds like a load of BS to me. It's clearly a joke, as you call it "Winter Weedsman." 

Point B: You stated to Retro that you were only returning the hat so you could get banned on Outpost. And as I've stated before, you only returned it when you discovered you wanted to do SourceRep.

Point C&D: If you dont care whatsoever about his opinion then why did you post it on the forums so we could "review" it.

Maybe instead of whining all the time how you're "forever stuck with this label," you should stop making a joke about it and always calling attention to it.

Point A: that sounds like a load of BS to me. It's clearly a joke, as you call it "Winter Weedsman." 

Point B: You stated to Retro that you were only returning the hat so you could get unbanned on Outpost

Point C&D: If you dont care whatsoever about his opinion then why did you post it on the forums so we could "review" it.

Maybe instead of whining all the time how you're "forever stuck with this label," you should stop making a joke about it and always calling attention to it.

Point a:

that was actually a comment sent in from either Sphere and box or Pomp, which I found humorous. I got a request to leave it on my profile, so I did.

Point B: I told him I was only going to return the hat within the same minute I told him I so called sharked it, not recently. not sure why thats relevant. Re review the steam rep report for evidence.

Point C: Posted it here to make it public to all the users. Got the answer I was expecting to hear from Baloo and Sox, the two larger opinions that mattered in this situation.

Not whining about it, just facing the music.

Archived