Backpack.tf Corruption

Spellcheck

Sorry for just now getting back, and yes I do understand, but that was not my full proof, I had people buying at 3.33 - 3.55 I am pretty positive. So rethink your methods then hit me up again if you really think you can prove me wrong :)

you're incredibly arrogant considering how illogically your mind functions.

you're telling me that because you had people offering 3.33-3.55, the item is worth 3 ref on the low end?  it is worth less than what people are offering?  are you actually trolling?  if you are, you are one of the better trolls I've come across.

:) :) :) :)

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes I understand this. But, backpack.tf could have a thing, where an item could be taken down by a key on higher tier or so items, and maybe .33-.66 on regular tier. And prices could be suggested every month or so :)

Which would lead to inaccurate prices and result in experienced traders taking advantage of newer ones. And besides, it clearly wouldn't matter. When keys were rising at their fastest rate, TOD tickets were also increasing. They both had the same number of suggestions, with the same frequency, so how come TODs stopped rising? They reached an equilibrium point. Keys have yet to reach a point of equilibrium. The moment they do, they'll stop increasing and reach a stable price.

I actually do this, I check the first 5 pages then price my items :)

Congratz on using a mix of Backpack.tf, Trade.tf, and Tf2spreadsheet (or whatever bs name it has now--TF2Empire?)

you're incredibly arrogant considering how illogically your mind functions.

you're telling me that because you had people offering 3.33-3.55, the item is worth 3 ref on the low end?  it is worth less than what people are offering?  are you actually trolling?  if you are, you are one of the better trolls I've come across.

On the lowest end I suspect it could go for 3 refined.

Yes I understand this. But, backpack.tf could have a thing, where an item could be taken down by a key on higher tier or so items, and maybe .33-.66 on regular tier. And prices could be suggested every month or so :)

I actually do this, I check the first 5 pages then price my items :)

AGAIN, use two quotes in one post and don't make double posts. -.- Last verbal warning.

On the lowest end I suspect it could go for 3 refined.

suspect

that is why your suggestion was bad.  that is why it is closed.  it was not based on anything objective.  in fact, you countered your own intuition by providing two links of people failing to buy the item at 3 ref.

hit me up again if you really think you can prove yourself right  :) ;)

Which would lead to inaccurate prices and result in experienced traders taking advantage of newer ones. And besides, it clearly wouldn't matter. When keys were rising at their fastest rate, TOD tickets were also increasing. They both had the same number of suggestions, with the same frequency, so how come TODs stopped rising? They reached an equilibrium point. Keys have yet to reach a point of equilibrium. The moment they do, they'll stop increasing and reach a stable price.

Congratz on using a mix of Backpack.tf, Trade.tf, and Tf2spreadsheet (or whatever bs name it has now--TF2Empire?)

Ok, I see where you are coming from completely. Keys will probably always raise, maybe keep a price for a couple months. But, do realize, TOD are not a main trading export in TF2, keys are.

Inaccurate prices, my view on this is, if the price is far from where it should for, for example a key for 2.33, it could be closed.

suspect

that is why your suggestion was bad.  that is why it is closed.  it was not based on anything objective.  in fact, you countered your own intuition by providing two links of people failing to buy the item at 3 ref.

hit me up again if you really think you can prove yourself right  :)  ;)

I contacted one of the buyers and he got them just fine! :)

AGAIN, use two quotes in one post and don't make double posts. -.- Last verbal warning.

I am confused, what did I do? Must have been an accident, sorry.

Ok, I see where you are coming from completely. Keys will probably always raise, maybe keep a price for a couple months. But, do realize, TOD are not a main trading export in TF2, keys are.

Inaccurate prices, my view on this is, if the price is far from where it should for, for example a key for 2.33, it could be closed.

But whats "far". 

For one, there are hundreds of buyers buying keys at 5.66 Ref, so why should the price be any less. Also, yes, keys and TOD tickets are different. HOWEVER, the reason TOD tickets rose is the same reason key prices rose. And the reason TOD tickets stopped rising will be the same reasons keys stop rising. You just need to wait for the time to come where keys reach their equilibrium point.

I contacted one of the buyers and he got them just fine! :)

I am confused, what did I do? Must have been an accident, sorry.

You made 2 posts in a row. You can edit one post, theres no reason to make 2 posts in immediate succession..

seriously dude, kudos to you.  most trolls these days are like Long or There and just spam annoying stuff.  you created a character and stuck to it.  very subtle.  no one can actually think think like this.

seriously dude, kudos to you.  most trolls these days are like Long or There and just spam annoying stuff.  you created a character and stuck to it.  very subtle.  no one can actually think think like this.

This is nothing compared to another guy I recently met. He was like enjoying to waste other peoples time. :S

@Spellcheck.

Double post like "DOUBLE = 2" and "post = post" in a row. Never on a forum before?

So apparently something we can't stick into your little tiny arrogant head that your suggestion was bad, quickbuyers and unsolds are no proof without sellers selling for less than market price, how hard is it to understand that ? Is bp.tf corrupt ? YES ,, are the mods retarded ? absolutely. So if we all agreed that keys are 2.33 with people buying and selling for 5.66+ then we can say the site is corrupt and mods are retarded. If you hate the site, leave it, simple as that, but if you want to bitch and moan about it then you are welcome in our community.

I'm only going to say this once; everyone is entitled to whatever opinions they want. It is their responsibility to defend and support those opinions, and to do it in a civil, professional way.

If at any point this topic becomes a flame war or any ad hominem attacks appear, i have no problem locking it. Report any offensive content and the mods will address it.

Why can't we just do like we do with REF. It's changed ONCE since March 03.

Ref was last updated on June 21, 2013. Not sure what you mean, exactly.

@AwesomeMcCoolName stop bitching about me being poor. As I mentioned, this is an alt. My main is in the top 5 pages of bp.tf's "Top Backpack's" list and sure as shit has more then you do... I make more then your entire BP in a day.

Second, believe what you will, but backpack.tf is 90% of TF2 traders bible for prices. Values live and die on what bp says they are worth. The other 10% of you in your little "Elite" group with your own method for determining worth can say what you will but Joe Schmoe and his small knowledge of TF2 who wants to buy a game, selling his items for keys is going to go 100% off of BP for his values or at least the sellers at TF2Outpost who are selling higher and higher constantly..

This is my third time making a high level backpack then selling it. I did it in 2010 then again in 2011. I cashed out both times for $ and this is the first time ever where it's a struggle to keep the BP value rising in this downpour of downvotes... While BP.tf is not "Corrupt" they do tend to fall prey to the whims of the masses who are kinda stupid and fickle.

One more thing. I think for the ability to create or vote on an items worth, you should own at least 5 of them. Imagine how carefully someone would think if they owned something they were downvoting... Would make more people cautious.

edit: @cleverpun point I was making is it was stable and untouched for 3 months without moving Unlike keys and what seems like EVERYTHING these days.. You are correct though, I wrote the wrong thing. My bad.

And thats still not accurate proof of that. 

the graph his bp was never over 1.55 buds in all the time he's been trading

@AwesomeMcCoolName stop bitching about me being poor. As I mentioned, this is an alt. My main is in the top 5 pages of bp.tf's "Top Backpack's" list and sure as shit has more then you do... I make more then your entire BP in a day.

Second, believe what you will, but backpack.tf is 90% of TF2 traders bible for prices. Values live and die on what bp says they are worth. The other 10% of you in your little "Elite" group with your own method for determining worth can say what you will but Joe Schmoe and his small knowledge of TF2 who wants to buy a game, selling his items for keys is going to go 100% off of BP for his values or at least the sellers at TF2Outpost who are selling higher and higher constantly..

This is my third time making a high level backpack then selling it. I did it in 2010 then again in 2011. I cashed out both times for $ and this is the first time ever where it's a struggle to keep the BP value rising in this downpour of downvotes... While BP.tf is not "Corrupt" they do tend to fall prey to the whims of the masses who are kinda stupid and fickle.

One more thing. I think for the ability to create or vote on an items worth, you should own at least 5 of them. Imagine how carefully someone would think if they owned something they were downvoting... Would make more people cautious.

edit: @cleverpun point I was making is it was stable and untouched for 3 months without moving Unlike keys and what seems like EVERYTHING these days.. You are correct though, I wrote the wrong thing. My bad.

Liking your own comment...

"Falling to the masses..." When more than half the people downvote on key suggestions, did the mods close that suggestion because stupid masses downvoted without looking? No, because it was a suggestion.

Oh yes, link us to your main account please.

Liking your own comment...

"Falling to the masses..." When more than half the people downvote on key suggestions, did the mods close that suggestion because stupid masses downvoted without looking? No, because it was a suggestion.

Oh yes, link us to your main account please.

I liked it because Mr Bucket mentioned someone above doing it. Was curious if you could xD Apparently you can.

As for the profile. http://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198016354912 Aint page 1 yet but it's still early in the year.

also to clarify on the "Falling to the masses" I was referring to outpost traders who slight overprice (0.11) on their price to make a profit. They sale because of demand or convince creating "Proof" which causing BP to raise the key value, causing BP prices to raise which causes OP Traders to raise their price. and so on.

Archived