Backpack.tf Corruption

Spellcheck

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not butt hurt one bit. But you do have to realize backpack.tf has hurt the market.

actually it's autpost's fault, but k

The community is full of tardising nubs.

Your suggestion was bad, and I bet 80% of the people who voted didn't even bother to open your suggestion. And unsuccessful buyers =/= determine the market.

Buds changed because 23 was hard to sell at and the market is flooded at 22 keys.

Get a better understanding of the market.

It is autpost's fault because backpack.tf is just recording what autposter's buy/sell at.

If someone bought buds for 21 keys, that would be a quicksell. I don't see any sellers for 21 keys. 

In conclusion:

You're butthurt over your suggestion, and voters are dumb nubs.

I guess the small mind of yours cannot comprehend the nonsense that is going on here. In any way, this site is hurting the economy.

Trudat spellcheck. BP.tf is running the entire TF2 market into the ground lowering the prices so much. While it makes sense that Buds go down when keys go up, its utter bullshit to keep letting the keys go up because people sell them for more. Its a never ending spiral BP.tf is creating. Raise the key prices, sellers raise theirs. So BP.tf raises its key prices and sellers again raise theirs. Which causes buds to drop and everything else. Keys need a minimum amount of time to make a change, not 3-5 times a month. The current price fluctuation is just insanity which will cause a major crash. Especially as the key price nears the value equivalent of steam's own Key value.

Why can't we just do like we do with REF. It's changed ONCE since March 03.

before you bitch at me being poor, this is my main account for everything but NOT my TF2 items.

I insult people and piss off site staff by speaking my mind to often to keep valuable things on this account xD

I had around 7 buds. Spycrabbed and lost :D I am plenty wealthy on the game. But, in overall, could be much more wealthy if the economy wasn't being destroyed :)

You mean when you can rip of all those new players who are treating this as a bible. I would prefer the bible version over that. But I'm obviously biased I think.

Trudat spellcheck. BP.tf is running the entire TF2 market into the ground lowering the prices so much. While it makes sense that Buds go down when keys go up, its utter bullshit to keep letting the keys go up because people sell them for more. Its a never ending spiral BP.tf is creating. Raise the key prices, sellers raise theirs. So BP.tf raises its key prices and sellers again raise theirs. Which causes buds to drop and everything else. Keys need a minimum amount of time to make a change, not 3-5 times a month. The current price fluctuation is just insanity which will cause a major crash. Especially as the key price nears the value equivalent of steam's own Key value.

before you bitch at me being poor, this is my main account for everything but NOT my TF2 items.

I insult people and piss off site staff by speaking my mind to often to keep valuable things on this account xD

Hey look! Someones mind is functioning properly! :)

You mean when you can rip of all those new players who are treating this as a bible. I would prefer the bible version over that. But I'm obviously biased I think.

I would never rip someone off. although I am not completely understanding what you are saying.

here's half of your proof that the fast learner is worth 3 ref

http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/12825402

http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/12786006

notice how no one has sold them the item?  that means it isn't proof of anything.  think about it: if they were offering 2 refined, would the fast learner be worth 2 refined?

then you used a quickbuyer trade.  ie a trade where someone is willing to buy any and all items at a price lower than it is worth so that he can flip it for easy profit.  quickbuyer trades are a good indicator of what an item is not worth.

Sorry for just now getting back, and yes I do understand, but that was not my full proof, I had people buying at 3.33 - 3.55 I am pretty positive. So rethink your methods then hit me up again if you really think you can prove me wrong :)

I had around 7 buds. Spycrabbed and lost :D I am plenty wealthy on the game. But, in overall, could be much more wealthy if the economy wasn't being destroyed :)

Wouldn't exactly call 7 buds wealthy :S

Nvm then.

But you know you can quote multiple things in just one post? No need to make 3 post each time.

Hey look! Someones mind is functioning properly! :)

What a surprise, someone else who has virtually nothing thinks that something listing prices he can't afford is a bad thing....

Ever wonder why the vast majority of people don't bitch about bp.tf? Its because it is in general beneficial to the economy. Pretty much anyone with at least a couple buds is happy bp.tf exists. Its pretty much the poor who can't afford anything that get upset at it. (Ignoring the unusual section because thats just a mess for various reasons).

Also, have fun pricing every single item you get offered, without a price list to look at it would be virtually impossible. You'd have items (ex: Fast Learner) sell anywhere from 2 Scrap up to 10, 20 Ref. Price lists stablizes prices and make it possible to price things. Imagine going to the grocery store, and nothing had a price, you would negotiate everything. Where would you start? How much is a tomato worth? Or a pound of meat?

One of the biggest issues that occur without a price guide is inconsistent pricing, which would ultimately destroy the economy.

"backpack.tf raises their prices, then sellers raise theirs"

notice that all the key proofs, sellers are already selling/getting sold for more

"backpack.tf raises their prices, then sellers raise theirs"

notice that all the key proofs, sellers are already selling/getting sold for more

Also notice how there was a gap in suggestions around 3.66~ ref i believe, and guess what keys still continued to rise even without the suggestions. Also, if you do honestly believe that bptf drove key prices up then i'd like to direct you to TOD tickets. TOD tickets were going up at the same rate as keys, and guess what, when they finally reached a stable price they stopped increasing. There are a multitude of reasons why keys increased. For one, keys have been stable at 2.66 Ref for almost 2 years, and prior to that they were stable at 2.33, and 2 Ref before that, and 1 Ref long before that. Keys have been increasing since they were first introduced into the Game. Also, keep the userbase in mind when looking at prices. Keys were 2.66 Ref when there were 10,000 users on Outpost, there are now over 300,000. The demand for keys has increased exponentially. Granted that means the supply has as well, BUT, theres a huge demand for keys, and ultimately everyone buys keys from one of the top 20 trades on Outpost selling keys. Keys are traded in such large amounts that buyers assume every seller is asking for virtually the same thing, so theres no reason to price shop. Finally, with the introduction of the market place keys increased due to speculation that the supply would dwindle, which led to a rise in key prices. Which led to buyers feeling that keys would always be a safe investment, no matter what the cost. So with a greater demand, lack of price shopping, and speculation caused by the marketplace keys had to go up.

thats not exactly valid proof of that though. At one point I had around 80 buds worth of stuff, and the highest my bp graph ever got was $1100~. Keep in mind, not all unusual prices are correct (especially a couple months ago), also, bptf doesn't log anything prior to may 2012 (or sometime around there).

Quite frankly I have, see how I left outpost for a while? I went mainly toward spycrabbing. :) Anyways, they proof provided that is not near as many that outpost has. The proof provided supports THEIR price raise. Also, take in mind there are many other prices. But when they see backpack changed. They will then change their price :)

Quite frankly I have, see how I left outpost for a while? I went mainly toward spycrabbing. :) Anyways, they proof provided that is not near as many that outpost has. The proof provided supports THEIR price raise. Also, take in mind there are many other prices. But when they see backpack changed. They will then change their price :)

Other prices that instasold.

Anyways, lets keep away from arguing about what I have had, lets keep this topic to the Backpack.tf corruption.

*cough* already made 2 posts, which completely mess with your issues of bptf and still no response to either *cough*

#colds

Other prices that instasold.

Alright, I do see where you are coming from. But do realize when there was no backpack.tf keys weren't raising so often. They still RAISED but not as often as current times :) Overall, I believe backpack.tf is corruption.

Overall, I believe backpack.tf is corruption.

So you'll be pricing every single item you own and every single item you get offered by going through every Outpost trade and deciding what sells and what doesn't i assume?

Then keys would be listed at 2.33 Ref, which would result in newer traders getting sharked like mad, like experienced traders will continue to sell at 5.66 Ref. 

Horrible idea.

Backpack.tf has hurt the unusual market, NOT the regular market.

Yes I understand this. But, backpack.tf could have a thing, where an item could be taken down by a key on higher tier or so items, and maybe .33-.66 on regular tier. And prices could be suggested every month or so :)

------------------------------------------

So you'll be pricing every single item you own and every single item you get offered by going through every Outpost trade and deciding what sells and what doesn't i assume?

I actually do this, I check the first 5 pages then price my items :)

Posted · Hidden by Woifi The Viking, July 19, 2013 - double post
Hidden by Woifi The Viking, July 19, 2013 - double post

I actually do this, I check the first 5 pages then price my items :)

Archived