Backpack.tf Corruption

Spellcheck

Trudat spellcheck. BP.tf is running the entire TF2 market into the ground lowering the prices so much. While it makes sense that Buds go down when keys go up, its utter bullshit to keep letting the keys go up because people sell them for more. Its a never ending spiral BP.tf is creating. Raise the key prices, sellers raise theirs. So BP.tf raises its key prices and sellers again raise theirs. Which causes buds to drop and everything else. Keys need a minimum amount of time to make a change, not 3-5 times a month. The current price fluctuation is just insanity which will cause a major crash. Especially as the key price nears the value equivalent of steam's own Key value.

Why can't we just do like we do with REF. It's changed ONCE since March 03.

before you bitch at me being poor, this is my main account for everything but NOT my TF2 items.

I insult people and piss off site staff by speaking my mind to often to keep valuable things on this account xD

Oh its you .

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The community should be the voters, the ones that make the final decision, not the mods/admins.

My fast learner price was closed with a 65% upvote because the mod did not like it.

If it was up to the voters you'll have burning tc worth a few scrap, buds a few scrap because thats what people "want". You would be bsing yourself if you think that everyone is 100 honest

As much as people like to think of the ideal community run sites the truth is everyone is biased and they all want profit.

Your suggestion was probably closed due to either counter proof, not enough valid proof or because it was full of bias with no trades as proof.

Yes I understand this. But, backpack.tf could have a thing, where an item could be taken down by a key on higher tier or so items, and maybe .33-.66 on regular tier. And prices could be suggested every month or so :)

------------------------------------------

I actually do this, I check the first 5 pages then price my items :)

You do realise that that not only wastes your time as bp.tf already do this, also you dont seem to comprehend how this site works...proof here is mainly based on sales, not what people ant and offers which are not taken

you're incredibly arrogant considering how illogically your mind functions.

you're telling me that because you had people offering 3.33-3.55, the item is worth 3 ref on the low end?  it is worth less than what people are offering?  are you actually trolling?  if you are, you are one of the better trolls I've come across.

Lol lets get 100 people offering 1 weapon on every item he has so we can buy them all for one scrap! :D

This is the problems which has sprung from you illogical mind set Spell check, if this was true every item on the site would be 1 weapon because every one will obviously offer the lowest possible currency to buy what they want. You ignore even the most basic concepts of economics od supply and demand yet you call others doing you a favor nubs which ruin the economy.

Please tell me how your proposed way of pricing would not destroy every single item, you dont seem to be an ignorant idiot so please take this as a lesson and understand how pricing works :)

@AwesomeMcCoolName stop bitching about me being poor. As I mentioned, this is an alt. My main is in the top 5 pages of bp.tf's "Top Backpack's" list and sure as shit has more then you do... I make more then your entire BP in a day.

Second, believe what you will, but backpack.tf is 90% of TF2 traders bible for prices. Values live and die on what bp says they are worth. The other 10% of you in your little "Elite" group with your own method for determining worth can say what you will but Joe Schmoe and his small knowledge of TF2 who wants to buy a game, selling his items for keys is going to go 100% off of BP for his values or at least the sellers at TF2Outpost who are selling higher and higher constantly..

This is my third time making a high level backpack then selling it. I did it in 2010 then again in 2011. I cashed out both times for $ and this is the first time ever where it's a struggle to keep the BP value rising in this downpour of downvotes... While BP.tf is not "Corrupt" they do tend to fall prey to the whims of the masses who are kinda stupid and fickle.

Sup yugi. Also, why hide behind an alt? Also, cashed out several times already, so nice try.

#nothiding

the graph his bp was never over 1.55 buds in all the time he's been trading

Not necessarily. My bp graph never gets over 1100,but I've had quite a bit more than that.

the graph his bp was never over 1.55 buds in all the time he's been trading

I have been trading sense 2012, the graph does not go back that far.

You do realise that that not only wastes your time as bp.tf already do this, also you dont seem to comprehend how this site works...proof here is mainly based on sales, not what people ant and offers which are not taken

Lol lets get 100 people offering 1 weapon on every item he has so we can buy them all for one scrap!  :D

This is the problems which has sprung from you illogical mind set Spell check, if this was true every item on the site would be 1 weapon because every one will obviously offer the lowest possible currency to buy what they want. You ignore even the most basic concepts of economics od supply and demand yet you call others doing you a favor nubs which ruin the economy.

Please tell me how your proposed way of pricing would not destroy every single item, you dont seem to be an ignorant idiot so please take this as a lesson and understand how pricing works  :)

Ok, not sure if you can comprehend what is going on here, lets stay away from flaming also. This is simply a debate, nothing to get butthurt over.
Backpack.tf does not already do what I said, proof is based on sales, my proof on a fast learner that I provided that seemed pretty accurately put together with a %65
upvote was closed. I have also seen an item go with a %90 upvote and still be turned down.

Will you ever learn it?^^

Did I not just do what you want? Put 2 quotes in one? Or should I put 1 quote in each? Sorry! <3

I'm only going to say this once; everyone is entitled to whatever opinions they want. It is their responsibility to defend and support those opinions, and to do it in a civil, professional way.

If at any point this topic becomes a flame war or any ad hominem attacks appear, i have no problem locking it. Report any offensive content and the mods will address it.

Not ever should this be a flame war, not intended to be either.

Backpack.tf does not already do what I said, proof is based on sales, my proof on a fast learner that I provided that seemed pretty accurately put together with a %65

upvote was closed. I have also seen an item go with a %90 upvote and still be turned down.

Please make a suggestion making keys to 1 scrap with no proof and you will still get upvotes. You would be bsing yourself if you think that everyone is 100 honest

I looked at your suggestion and your proof was appalling, please take a look at other suggestions before you deem your suggestion to be accurate.

Please make a suggestion making keys to 1 scrap with no proof and you will still get upvotes. You would be bsing yourself if you think that everyone is 100 honest

As much as people like to think of the ideal community run sites the truth is everyone is biased and they all want profit. 

Apparently you are still not comprehending my idea. Do you remember where I said an item could be maybe changed by .33 every month and that was as high as it could be changed, unless it was really needed for a change. Then at this point you provide proof. I think if an item pricing got that extreme then it could be closed.

Did I not just do what you want? Put 2 quotes in one? Or should I put 1 quote in each? Sorry! <3

2 quotes in one post. Did you never mention how I edit your posts?

Apparently you are still not comprehending my idea. Do you remember where I said an item could be maybe changed by .33 every month and that was as high as it could be changed, unless it was really needed for a change. Then at this point you provide proof. I think if an item pricing got that extreme then it could be closed.

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/51e83e51ba25362e69000006

I was replying more to your ideology that your suggestion for the fast learner was closed in error. Look at your suggestion you have provided links of sellers for the higher end of 3.66 ref which seems to be correct. However you lower end comes from the idea that buyer trades should be included.

Buyer trades do not constitute to valid proof, to explain ill use an example. Ill get 100 of my friends to make a trade buying a bud for 1 scrap, which no one has gotten sales, would it make buds 1 scrap? No. Because no one sold it to you at that price!

However contrary to this when buying trades are considered is if and only if they are overly successful, enough success for them to be included which is obviously not the case in your suggestion.

Again your ideaology that votes = accepted again is incorrect, if the proof is correct then it will be accepted regardless of votes as voters are biased

2 quotes in one post. Did you never mention how I edit your posts?

Quite frankly I have been putting 2 quotes in 1 posts.

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/51e83e51ba25362e69000006

I was replying more to your ideology that your suggestion for the fast learner was closed in error. Look at your suggestion you have provided links of sellers for the higher end of 3.66 ref which seems to be correct. However you lower end comes from the idea that buyer trades should be included.

Buyer trades do not constitute to valid proof, to explain ill use an example. Ill get 100 of my friends to make a trade buying a bud for 1 scrap, which no one has gotten sales, would it make buds 1 scrap? No. Because no one sold it to you at that price!

However contrary to this when buying trades are considered is if and only if they are overly successful, enough success for them to be included which is obviously not the case in your suggestion.

Again your ideaology that votes = accepted again is incorrect, if the proof is correct then it will be accepted regardless of votes as voters are biased

I understand. But, like I said, contacted the buyers and they said they get them frequently. So in my opinion it was very accurate. But you can have your own opinion.

I liked it because Mr Bucket mentioned someone above doing it. Was curious if you could xD Apparently you can.

As for the profile. http://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198016354912 Aint page 1 yet but it's still early in the year.

also to clarify on the "Falling to the masses" I was referring to outpost traders who slight overprice (0.11) on their price to make a profit. They sale because of demand or convince creating "Proof" which causing BP to raise the key value, causing BP prices to raise which causes OP Traders to raise their price. and so on.

Yeah, and mass amounts of keys are getting sold at 5.66 before backpack.tf put 5.66 in the range. Backpack.tf is an accurate representation of the market, not a website run by the savetehkeys people.

http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/team-fortress-2-how-to-become-rich-in-tf2-fast.31658/ hi 

Yeah, and mass amounts of keys are getting sold at 5.66 before backpack.tf put 5.66 in the range. Backpack.tf is an accurate representation of the market, not a website run by the savetehkeys people.

my point exactly... Sellers always raise 0.11 to make a profit. I used to do it. It's how you make a little profit for the time you spend. Problem is when all the sellers are trying to make a profit and all the large ones auto-bump all anyone ever sees (Unless the look hard) is a 0.11 higher key, and seriously who minds 0.11 so they pay it. Queue the spiral. (also lol #SaveTehKeys for the win lmao)

my point exactly... Sellers always raise 0.11 to make a profit. I used to do it. It's how you make a little profit for the time you spend. Problem is when all the sellers are trying to make a profit and all the large ones auto-bump all anyone ever sees (Unless the look hard) is a 0.11 higher key, and seriously who minds 0.11 so they pay it. Queue the spiral. (also lol #SaveTehKeys for the win lmao)

5.88 isn't in the bp.tf price range and yet some of the key bots are selling for that price.

>sellers raise .11 to make a profit

>autpost's fault

I wish people would take the time to learn how the website works and actually try to improve things by providing proof and making their own suggestions if they don't agree, instead of blindly following whats popular belief, that bp.tf is corrupt.

Dude, if your submission gets denied, its simply because YOU DIDN'T PROVIDE ENOUGH EVIDENCE TO WARRANT A CHANGE IN THE PRICE.

Jesus.

I wish people would take the time to learn how the website works and actually try to improve things by providing proof and making their own suggestions if they don't agree, instead of blindly following whats popular belief, that bp.tf is corrupt.

Dude, if your submission gets denied, its simply because YOU DIDN'T PROVIDE ENOUGH EVIDENCE TO WARRANT A CHANGE IN THE PRICE.

Jesus.

I provided over 6 evidence for each one. Decent amount. :)

>sellers raise .11 to make a profit

>autpost's fault

You're a big f*cking asset to this thread :rolleyes: . Why don't you post something useful for once.

Use your tiny brain and express "your own" thoughts on why things are the way they are.

Jesus.

There are plenty of suggestions accepted with only 2-4 trades as proof. It's not about the amount but the solidity of said proof.

Example (Genuine FFCSB, Vintage Max's, Vintage CCP, Scorching Killer Exclusive, Burning Noh Mercy, Vivid TC) to name a few

Also it's up to the discretion of the staff members to change the prices after the votes. Even if something has 90% votes, they can still final vote no.

Example (Strange gunslinger [72%], Burning Bonk [100%], Misty Skull Brek [100%], OFire Company Man [100%], Strange Festive Medi [94%]) all closed

While I am not a fan of staff making all the final decisions, I understand why it has to be the way it is. I have read quite a few long winded threads by Brad Pitt on why BP.tf is the way it is and about the failed experiments run other ways. I believe he has it right, but that maybe some small tweaks need to be implemented. Why all the hate when someone suggests something new? It's a suggestion, an expression of ones feelings in words. Not a demand for change. (usually :P )

You're a big f*cking asset to this thread :rolleyes: . Why don't you post something useful for once.

Use your tiny brain and express "your own" thoughts on why things are the way they are.

Whether or not backpack.tf changed the price, sellers were already selling succesfully for 5.66. Sellers=autpost. Therefore, autpost's fault.

Archived