Backpack.tf Corruption

Spellcheck

Whether or not backpack.tf changed the price, sellers were already selling successfully for 5.66. Sellers=autpost. Therefore, autpost's fault.

Fair enough. I don't disagree with this. But then should BP not take measures to help stabilize things?

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair enough. I don't disagree with this. But then should BP not take measures to help stabilize things?

How would they stabilize things?

How would they stabilize things?

Putting a cap on the amount of times one can change items with a high volatility can be changed in say a month?

Requiring suggestions for downvotes on things with high volatility to be limited to someone with say 50 of them? (keys) 10 for like bills and buds.

Not sure but these are off the top of my head

There are plenty of suggestions accepted with only 2-4 trades as proof. It's not about the amount but the solidity of said proof.

Example (Genuine FFCSB, Vintage Max's, Vintage CCP, Scorching Killer Exclusive, Burning Noh Mercy, Vivid TC) to name a few

Maybe that's because some items are more common than others?

Maybe that's because some items are more common than others?

I completely agree, but when someone says you need X amount of proof, this is not always the answer. Just saying.

Putting a cap on the amount of times one can change items with a high volatility can be changed in say a month?

Requiring suggestions for downvotes on things with high volatility to be limited to someone with say 50 of them? (keys) 10 for like bills and buds.

Not sure but these are off the top of my head

There is already a key suggestion rule made by Sir Jjon.

If someone provides accurate proof and he doesn't have 50 accepted suggestions, why shouldn't his suggestion be accepted?

There is already a key suggestion rule made by Sir Jjon.

If someone provides accurate proof and he doesn't have 50 accepted suggestions, why shouldn't his suggestion be accepted?

I am unaware of this rule. Could I read it somewhere? Also again to prevent the spiral. Proof is only as good as the reason for it.

If people are posting proof to raise the price, then is it a good use of proof?

Is it an accurate representation of where the prices should be and not where sellers want them?

No one wants the market to crash and while it's not BP's fault people use them as the bible, it then falls on their shoulders to stabilize things. (IMHO)

I am unaware of this rule. Could I read it somewhere? Also again to prevent the spiral. Proof is only as good as the reason for it.

If people are posting proof to raise the price, then is it a good use of proof?

Is it an accurate representation of where the prices should be and not where sellers want them?

No one wants the market to crash and while it's not BP's fault people use them as the bible, it then falls on their shoulders to stabilize things. (IMHO)

I couldn't find the thread, add cleverpun and ask her. 

I am unaware of this rule. Could I read it somewhere?

I couldn't find the thread, add cleverpun and ask her. 

http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/2620-key-cooldown-guidelines-read-before-making-key-suggestions/

You're a big f*cking asset to this thread :rolleyes: . Why don't you post something useful for once.

Use your tiny brain and express "your own" thoughts on why things are the way they are.

Keep it civil. Verbal warning.

Ok, I believe backpack.tf is the corruption of the economy of TF2.

1. You will argue that it is TF2 Outposts fault.

2. You are wrong.

*Outpost's

And his name is Spellcheck.

obama-laughing.jpeg

*Outpost's

And his name is Spellcheck.

I completely agree, but when someone says you need X amount of proof, this is not always the answer. Just saying.

I understand. But, like I said, contacted the buyers and they said they get them frequently. So in my opinion it was very accurate. But you can have your own opinion.

Anyways, the best thing you can do, is follow the advice from most of the other users that posted in this thread. It's not that if one (or more) of your suggestions don't get accepted, the site is corrupt... that's not a logical way of thinking. Try to get a good voting accuracy and look how other suggestions are made for a while, and make a suggestion on an item yourself. Be sure about your pricing, and if you have doubts, you can always ask for advice on the forum or in the forum chat.

I hope I helped some people out.

And yet web traffic, userbase, and ad revenue for bp.tf are going up up up.

Heck, the last week, bp.tf has been super laggy becuase apparently the servers had too much load.

Last night, the suggestions went all the way to page 10.

It appears that this "corruptness" you are talking about either A) Doesn't exist or B ) Nobody knows about it because it is so subtle and amazingly complex that only great amazing minds like yours can root it out or C) Nobody cares because bp.tf lines up with the market for all they care.

Same thing happened with key fiasco, people shouted and raged that bp.tf was secretly a group of corrupt moderators who hate poor people and that it would destroy bp.tf's reputation. Nope, Brad pitt said web traffic was better then ever and as long as it continued that way, he was content with how us moderators were handling the situation.

When people start perceiving a website/institution/company as corrupt, they will stop using that website or buying from that company. So as long as hits are steady or rising then apparently the general public does not perceive any corruption.

When people start perceiving a website/institution/company as corrupt, they will stop using that website or buying from that company. So as long as hits are steady or rising then apparently the general public does not perceive any corruption.

That's kind of an oversimplification of the the issue. It took a long time for EA's or Wal-Mart's harmful business practices to receive widespread attention, and even now they still receive business because they provide things no other company can.

That's the main controversy surrounding Washington D.C.s new minimum wage bill; they can try and strong-arm Wal-Mart into paying better and do without them, or they can let them be and create sub-standard jobs that are desperately needed.

Just because a company or service is corrupt or inept doesn't mean they will automatically whither and die, as unfortunate a truth as that is.

My main is in the top 5 pages of bp.tf's "Top Backpack's" list...

As for the profile. http://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198016354912 Aint page 1 yet but it's still early in the year.

Read about his sharking guide and just stopped reading anything that he authors henceforth.

In before "I R PRO TRADER RICHER THAN YOU!" and I say, "I have more on my other accounts too," but hear back, "I R PRO TRADER RICHER THAN YOU!"

That's kind of an oversimplification of the the issue. It took a long time for EA's or Wal-Mart's harmful business practices to receive widespread attention, and even now they still receive business because they provide things no other company can.

That's the main controversy surrounding Washington D.C.s new minimum wage bill; they can try and strong-arm Wal-Mart into paying better and do without them, or they can let them be and create sub-standard jobs that are desperately needed.

Just because a company or service is corrupt or inept doesn't mean they will automatically whither and die, as unfortunate a truth as that is.

It is SO refreshing to see a staff member with not only a level head about him, but intricate knowledge about things happening in the world. My opinion and respect has gone way up. Also this is not what I was trying to say earlier, but it's said better then I had through to word it.

Read about his sharking guide and just stopped reading anything that he authors henceforth.

Get off your high horse. xD Have a great day regardless and thanks for taking the time to comment.

And yet web traffic, userbase, and ad revenue for bp.tf are going up up up.

Heck, the last week, bp.tf has been super laggy becuase apparently the servers had too much load.

Last night, the suggestions went all the way to page 10.

It appears that this "corruptness" you are talking about either A) Doesn't exist or B ) Nobody knows about it because it is so subtle and amazingly complex that only great amazing minds like yours can root it out or C) Nobody cares because bp.tf lines up with the market for all they care.

Same thing happened with key fiasco, people shouted and raged that bp.tf was secretly a group of corrupt moderators who hate poor people and that it would destroy bp.tf's reputation. Nope, Brad pitt said web traffic was better then ever and as long as it continued that way, he was content with how us moderators were handling the situation.

Alright, hits really can continue to grow, by backpack.tf corruption, I mean it is corrupting the market, which it is. New players use this as their bible. It is causing price inflation.Believe it or not.

I stand by my statement as showing how backpack.tf is only becoming more popular. But I will admit that cleverpun's post is correct.

The only "corruption" that may be part of bp.tf has nothing to do with the intent of those who run it but with the actual function of the site.

That is what I want to make clear, using the term "corruption" usually involves people or a party that wishes personal gain at the expense of others or the whole. I do not believe any of the moderators are "corrupt" as in they want to promote personal gain or want to "destroy" tf2 by using their power to influence prices as moderators.

The only way backpack.tf is "corrupting" the market by your definition is by the mere function of being a price guide that people follow, sometimes a bit too strictly, and unless bp.tf loses its userbase and popularity, it will continue to function in that way.

Alright, hits really can continue to grow, buy backpack.tf corruption, I mean it is corrupting the market, which it is. New players use this as their bible. It is causing price inflation.Believe it or not.

I'm not a Christian, I don't use the bible sorry. New players use this cos they have no experience with trading whatsoever. They need help in pricing their items and don't want to get sharked, so they use this, which is used by a high percentage of TF2 community.

I'm not a Christian, I don't use the bible sorry. New players use this cos they have no experience with trading whatsoever. They need help in pricing their items and don't want to get sharked, so they use this, which is used by a high percentage of TF2 community.

I don't know if you were trying to help my topic or destroy it, seems if anything you helped me. Because by new players using it, those new players spread to everyone else destroying the market.

I will no longer be commenting here, only on my free time! :) Thanks

I don't know if you were trying to help my topic or destroy it, seems if anything you helped me. Because by new players using it, those new players spread to everyone else destroying the market.

I will no longer be commenting here, only on my free time! :) Thanks

And what would the new players use if there was no backpack.tf? 

Archived