Florida State University Shooting

Пол игрока trade karambite

Lets say we have 100 people that want guns. 1 out of that 100 people is a homicidal maniac that wants to shoot everyone as soon as possible. The other 99 are going to have to wait to get their guns and follow these new strict rules. The homicidal maniac is going to find a gun, like it or not he will. The reason he will find a gun is because criminals WILL find a way to get one. I don't want gun control because I want one of the other 99 people armed to stop them from shooting everyone.

tl:dr, I'd rather have the mass of my country armed than to have very little armed, because either way, criminals will attack.

Everyone needs a lethal weapon so one person doesn't fuck it up... Good to know I'm going to have to point and choose out of 100 people who's going to be the one to open fire first.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck getting them off the streets

Exactly, this is the problem, and the solution is to arm your own civilians to protect themselves.

Exactly, this is the problem, and the solution is to arm your own civilians to protect themselves.

If a child in a nursery hit another child with a rock, is the solution to give every child a rock?

If a child in a nursery hit another child with a rock, is the solution to give every child a rock?

If you can't take the rock away, yes. Average citizens have better judgement than children and won't go around bashing each other's heads in as you imply

This seems like one of those unsolvable problems:

One statement seems like a legit solution, but then.... the guy in the corner gnawing on a pickle comes in and he's all like "Wait that won't work because 'x'". He then provides his own solution to the problem. Unanimously, everyone agrees to this man's argument.  Later there is another person who realizes that it would work worse than the only solution. They then must think of a new solution. Wow, would you look at that,  the guy in the corner gnawing on a pickle comes in and he's all like "Wait that won't work because 'x'".... again. He then provides his own solution to the problem....again. Unanimously, everyone agrees to this man's argument....again.

The cycle continues for eternity.

TL;DR : the guy in the corner with the pickle is Illuminati confirmed

Last I checked, I replied to sugarcube, not you. He posted that in an "attempt to be funny" which this is not the place for.

That in no way as an attempt to be funny. I choose to be informed, open minded and intelligent in my reponses for PRS discussions.

Do you even know what that latin meant? And it's an A-level in 'critical thinking'. Look it up.

Yes, I do. It means that you think I was attacking your argument because I thought that you weren't being consistent with what you have previously said/done. And yet all I was asking was if you were siding with the USSR because you were gushing about how effective their policies were. Your A-level must be in smug.

No, clearly the solution is to make children wait a week to get their rocks.

Average citizens have better judgement than children and won't go around bashing each other's heads in as you imply

That's not what the evidence suggests, unfortunately.

Everyone needs a lethal weapon so one person doesn't fuck it up... Good to know I'm going to have to point and choose out of 100 people who's going to be the one to open fire first.

So you would rather have 99 unarmed people and 1 homicidal person than 99 law-abiding people and 1 armed person? If the crazy person had a gun and no one else did, how would we stop him? *Police don't stop a shooter if it only takes him a couple of seconds

If you can't take the rock away, yes. Average citizens have better judgement than children and won't go around bashing each other's heads in as you imply

obviously not...

So you would rather have 99 unarmed people and 1 homicidal person than 99 law-abiding people and 1 armed person? If the crazy person had a gun and no one else did, how would we stop him? *Police don't stop a shooter if it only takes him a couple of seconds

99:1 doesn't seem like a fair fight to the shooter, no matter if they have guns or not. The fact of the matter is that you're handing everyone guns who don't need them, let alone want them. Like Gent said, if one kid has a rock, the solution shouldn't be to give everyone else rocks. That would only make the problem worse ._.

Yes, I do. It means that you think I was attacking your argument because I thought that you weren't being consistent with what you have previously said/done. And yet all I was asking was if you were siding with the USSR because you were gushing about how effective their policies were. Your A-level must be in smug.

No, clearly the solution is to make children wait a week to get their rocks.

It means you were attacking me instead of my argument as a debate tactic, in a nutshell, yes. The implication of '...are you siding with the USSR' was basically 'you are a communist and therefore an idiot'. If you didn't mean that then, well, I'm not the only one putting words in peoples mouths, am I.

Oh, because mass-murder has a highly delicate window of opportunity?

99:1 doesn't seem like a fair fight to the shooter, no matter if they have guns or not. The fact of the matter is that you're handing everyone guns who don't need them, let alone want them. Like Gent said, if one kid has a rock, the solution shouldn't be to give everyone else rocks. That would only make the problem worse ._.

We aren't talking about kids though, i would say 99% of gun owners know how to use their gun. (Pulling that stat out my ass) People do take courses to get a gun, just not as rigorous as other countries.

*Done replying, fucking stupid talking to a brick wall

Please prove this.

Go find what SSJ said. He's on your side of the argument, his points are your points, unless you wish to save me the hassle and argue amongst yourselves.

We aren't talking about kids though, i would say 99% of gun owners know how to use their gun. (Pulling that stat out my ass) People do take courses to get a gun, just not as rigorous as other countries.

*Done replying, fucking stupid talking to a brick wall

''I am going to bail on this because I have run out of arguments''

Go find what SSJ said. He's on your side of the argument, his points are your points, unless you wish to save me the hassle and argue amongst yourselves.

He's turned into a "know-it-all i'm always right" Abandon thread

''I am going to bail on this because I have run out of arguments''

I don't feel like replying to people over stuff I talk about to my teachers every day.

Archived