Best anime to watch?

Stainroll

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FTFY^

You called? 

On the serious note, leaving the Ecchi/harems out

Sword Art Online(Season 2 is still airing, great time to start and catch up)

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Hunter X Hunter

No Game No Life

Cowboy Bebop

Akame ga Kill

Attack on Titan

If you'd like to see my Ecchi/Harem anime suggestions, PM me, you'll get a good kick out of them

But harems are ze best! boobies all around ya!

Im a big fan of shonen so my recommendations will largely be shonen series (I also prefer manga, so I suggest you read http://bato.to has just about everything)

Fullmetal Alchemist:Brotherhood

Darker than Black (anime only)

Nantasu no Taizai

Rave

Soul Eater

Toriko

Beelzebub

Gundam Wing (anime only)

Deadman Wonderland

You're fucking stupid.

You completely spoiled the series for everyone here who hasn't seen it yet, of course you're fucking stupid. That's the one thing from Code Geass you're not supposed to spoil. 

WARNING: THIS SPOILER CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR CODE GEASS. BEWARE.

Not only did you spoil it for everyone, you totally didn't GET the series. 

He died for the best possible outcome. If he didn't die, there would be no one for the world to pin the blame on. If he didn't die, his plan, Zero Requiem, wouldn't have worked. 

His goal throughout the entire series was to create the perfect world for his Little Sister, Nunnaly. He didn't care about himself, all he wanted was Brittania to fall. 

I can tell you're butthurt to hell over his death, as was I. But that was the brilliance of the series. His death was the perfect ending. That fact that you're this bent out of shape shows that you completely ignored all 49 other episodes. Code Geass was phenomenal to the very end. The ending was perfect. 

And again, fuck you for spoiling the entire series to 50+ people. 

Storyline not great, but entertaining and you gotta admit, the artwork is fucking gorgeous.

It's a great show, but there's what? One or maybe two main male characters?

It's a great show, but there's what? One or maybe two main male characters?

It's pretty annoying how sexual the series is... 

I enjoyed it as well, but it seemed pretty sold-out to me in the sense that it was just so ecchi. 

Forgot to mention: Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) is 100% overrated. I'd give it maybe a 7/10 if the chapter is really good but up until the most recent chapter, it absolutely refused to resolve any mystery. It has a lot of problems and the art is quite sub par. I hate how so many people trying anime for the first time watch SnK and then think its the greatest anime ever and never try anything else. A series like Fullmetal Alchemist: brotherhood is a much better starter series because it truly is one of the best animes ever and makes people want to watch more

Forgot to mention: Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) is 100% overrated. I'd give it maybe a 7/10 if the chapter is really good but up until the most recent chapter, it absolutely refused to resolve any mystery. It has a lot of problems and the art is quite sub par. I hate how so many people trying anime for the first time watch SnK and then think its the greatest anime ever and never try anything else. A series like Fullmetal Alchemist: brotherhood is a much better starter series because it truly is one of the best animes ever and makes people want to watch more

I couldn't agree more. 

The anime wasn't that great, and neither is the Manga. I'm up to date with the manga just because I want Mikasa and Eren to hook up, but other than that, there's no redeeming factors for me. 

FMA:B is probably the best place for anyone to start. If worst comes to worst and that's the only anime you watch, better that than Attack on Titan. 

I'd start with Full Metal Alchemist, specifically Brotherhood

Attack on Titan is overrated

I unliked and liked this because I felt that with a comment like this, the feeling of liking it once isn't enough.

I enjoyed it as well, but it seemed pretty sold-out to me in the sense that it was just so ecchi. 

They did it to make money off the shiro body pilllows! 

I was also bother by how ecchi the show was, but atleast the games in the show were interesting. So I tried to not let it bother me to much. 

I very much dislike FMA and dont ever recommend it to any one person. 

But, I have noticed that a good place to introduce yourself into anime is to watch toonami.  

Adult swim usually show animes westerners enjoy to watch and seem to be a place where most people first get introduced. 

Watch studio ghilbi films is another thing I will suggest. Most love their films and its hard not to recommend it. 

They did it to make money off the shiro body pilllows! 

I was also bother by how ecchi the show was, but atleast the games in the show were interesting. So I tried to not let it bother me to much. 

I very much dislike FMA and dont ever recommend it to any one person. 

But, I have noticed that a good place to introduce yourself into anime is to watch toonami.  

Adult swim usually show animes westerners enjoy to watch and seem to be a place where most people first get introduced. 

Watch studio ghilbi films is another thing I will suggest. Most love their films and its hard not to recommend it. 

You may be the first person I've seen that dislikes FMA, why is that? 

It wasn't my first anime, but I still loved it to death. 

You may be the first person I've seen that dislikes FMA, why is that? 

It wasn't my first anime, but I still loved it to death. 

It was honestly annoying to watch, I really hated the main characters and then the characters they would introduce. 

Maybe their personality really bugged me and the dialogue. And terrible humor.

I know I'm not alone on this, some of my friends, and even family, dislike that show. 

Its like how I feel about armin, I want her dead. I just can't help it hahaha 

It was honestly annoying to watch, I really hated the main characters and then the characters they would introduce. 

Maybe their personality really bugged me and the dialogue. And terrible humor.

I know I'm not alone on this, some of my friends, and even family, dislike that show. 

Its like how I feel about armin, I want her dead. I just can't help it hahaha 

The outrageous slapstick humor in FMA made me laugh, iunno. 

Winry and Ed's subtle romance throughout the series kept me super hooked, and I loved how Alphonze had the opposite voice I was expecting from a giant-ass suit of armor. 

FMA:B was just a great series to me. I can see why you're not a huge fan, that goofy humor isn't for everyone. Nor are the character's archetypes, as you explained. 

I'm totally with you about Armin, though. He annoys the shit out of me. :P 

The incesty vibes were kinda weird to me.

The incesty vibes were kinda weird to me.

I totally agree, lol. 

This'll sound real weird to you probably, but I actually... kind of enjoyed the incest vibes from Oreimo. It was really well done in the sense that it didn't feel very incest-y. It was just a goofy little romance series to me, and I'm all about romance anime. Gotta have it. 

I totally agree, lol. 

This'll sound real weird to you probably, but I actually... kind of enjoyed the incest vibes from Oreimo. It was really well done in the sense that it didn't feel very incest-y. It was just a goofy little romance series to me, and I'm all about romance anime. Gotta have it. 

The whole plot of Oreimo was incest, but you still didn't really get that kind of vibe.

I feel like your question was way too broad to get any decent recommendations, we don't know what you like. However, I guess I'll just follow the trend of recommending things I liked personally and hoping they're something you like as well.

--First off, watch FLCL. It's short and enjoyable. Kinda odd, but I loved it.

--Also, it's been said already, but FMA is great as well. Much longer than FLCL, but it's worth it.

--Clannad was also one of my favorites, and it's certainly not much like the previous two I recommended. After Story really is the best part though. Not that the first season is bad, but After Story just blows it out of the water.

--Going a different way, Aria the Animation and its sequels are amazing as well. It's not something that's all that great for watching all at once, but it's still one of my favorites. It's calming and you can take your time watching it.

--From last season, Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun really surprised me. One of my favorite shows based mainly around comedy.

--Finally, the Kara no Kyoukai movies all look amazing, watch them.

If you don't like a single one of those, you have shit taste I dunno what to recommend. I tried to pick shows that fit into different genres so that you'd at least end up liking one of them.

Im surprised no one has mentioned Log Horizon.

It's somewhat like Sword Art Online, a bunch of players being stuck into a game world scenario.  Granted it's only one season in BUT the next season is supposed to start this month.

The rules of the world is different from how SAO's works as well, it's an interesting watch and waiting to see where it goes from the point it's reached so far.

It's somewhat like Sword Art Online, a bunch of players being stuck into a game world scenario.  Granted it's only one season in BUT the next season is supposed to start this month.

The rules of the world is different from how SAO's works as well, it's an interesting watch and waiting to see where it goes from the point it's reached so far.

Log Horizon Season 2 started already. Episode 2 aired a few days ago.

Other than the premise setting being humans in a game world. They have to adapt and then escape. They are very different, I wouldn't compare either to .hack.

Log is a pretty good show, I love world building and they spent a good portion explaining, building, the world they now live in. They also explained the basics of mmo games to make sure viewers are well informed to understand tactics and to understand the rules of the world, why things happen, and character behaviours/interaction.

There isn't romance in the show which is a defining part of SAO

For the OP or other readers, if you want to or interested to know about log horizon. I would recommend it to if you like fantasy/adventure/world building shows.

Archived