backpack.tf automatic help thread

Brad Pitt

[Guide] How to get your shared secret from android WITHOUT ROOT! (Steam Mobile) v1.2

https://youtu.be/1rby7r2Z7qo

Step 1 :: Preparing

• download a copy of adb(android debug bridge comes with android sdk) for your android version aswell as android backup extractor i made a prepared rar archive you can get it here
  • extract the files of the rar archive anywhere on your pc e.g. desktop
  • enable usb debugging on your phone (it might be different for your device/android version example here)
  • connect your phone to your pc using a usb cable
  • you also need Java installed. so if its not installed install it ;) however most pcs have that already
  • (optional) check if adb is working using the command adb devices (if a device shows up its working)
  • for some phones you have to install usb drivers first just google for it if needed
Step 2 :: Create a Backup of your Steam App
  • run "run me.bat"
  • confirm that you want to backup the steam app on your phone (as written in the console window)
  • open steam.tar (i used winrar) your steamguard file should be inside \apps\com.valvesoftware.android.steam.community\f extract it
Step 3 :: Setting up your bp.tf Automatic
  • open your Steamguard-YOURSTEAMID file with any texteditor you like
  • you will find something like "identity_secret":"kjv2654uo76v21698936fhn3161fd5=" in the middle of the file. in this example the identity secret would be kjv2654uo76v21698936fhn3161fd5=
  • start backpack.tf automatic as usual. after its all loaded and you are logged in run the command identity_secret YOURIDENTITYSECRET directly in the automatic console. in our example it would be identity_secret kjv2654uo76v21698936fhn3161fd5=
Step 4 :: ???

Step 5 :: Profit!

Troubleshooting!

1 line: 'adb' is no recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

• you didnt extract all files from the rar archive. make sure all files are in the same folder. just keep the folder structure from the rar archive
1/3 line: adb: unable to connect for backup

you device is not reachable for adb. there are many reasons which can cause that error.

• you may don't have usb-debugging enabled on your phone
  • you may need to install usb drivers for your phone
if you still are having problems feel free to add me or just write in this thread

Hey! Thanks for the guide, but i am having trouble. I download drivers and checked my usb-debugging it is enabled. But i still get "unable to connect for backup" I need help

Since you are connecting via Putty, I'm assuming you are using VPS or other sort of unix shell. You should use git for code management - updates can be executed by running "git pull".

git pull = already up-to-date

added you

Hello, you can use fiddler with any android.

Also Xven to your past reply to my post in this topic, i was helping users get their things running as well.

Thank you,

Spirit

So I am running automatic successfuly, but it seems every 2 hours it is trying to refresh cookies, and i am running automatic on vps server, latest version of automatic (v1.2.1) and so i get error 401 when it is trying to relogin just like that:

07:54:30 - verbose: Heartbeat sent to backpack.tf.07:59:31 - verbose: Heartbeat sent to backpack.tf.08:02:19 - verbose: Renewing web session08:02:20 - warn: Cannot renew web session: HTTP error 40108:04:38 - verbose: Heartbeat sent to backpack.tf.

And it hasnt ever renewed web session yet, every 2 hours same error 401

who knows why?

So I am running automatic successfuly, but it seems every 2 hours it is trying to refresh cookies, and i am running automatic on vps server, latest version of automatic (v1.2.1) and so i get error 401 when it is trying to relogin just like that:

07:54:30 - verbose: Heartbeat sent to backpack.tf.07:59:31 - verbose: Heartbeat sent to backpack.tf.08:02:19 - verbose: Renewing web session08:02:20 - warn: Cannot renew web session: HTTP error 40108:04:38 - verbose: Heartbeat sent to backpack.tf.

And it hasnt ever renewed web session yet, every 2 hours same error 401

who knows why?

Did you remember your login?

[Guide] How to get your shared secret from android 4.x and up WITHOUT ROOT! (Steam Mobile) v1.2

https://youtu.be/1rby7r2Z7qo

Step 1 :: Preparing

• download a copy of adb(android debug bridge comes with android sdk) for your android version aswell as android backup extractor i made a prepared rar archive you can get it here
  • extract the files of the rar archive anywhere on your pc e.g. desktop
  • enable usb debugging on your phone (it might be different for your device/android version example here)
  • connect your phone to your pc using a usb cable
  • you also need Java installed. so if its not installed install it ;) however most pcs have that already
  • (optional) check if adb is working using the command adb devices (if a device shows up its working)
  • for some phones you have to install usb drivers first just google for it if needed
Step 2 :: Create a Backup of your Steam App
  • run "run me.bat"
  • confirm that you want to backup the steam app on your phone (as written in the console window)
  • open steam.tar (i used winrar) your steamguard file should be inside \apps\com.valvesoftware.android.steam.community\f extract it
Step 3 :: Setting up your bp.tf Automatic
  • open your Steamguard-YOURSTEAMID file with any texteditor you like
  • you will find something like "identity_secret":"kjv2654uo76v21698936fhn3161fd5=" in the middle of the file. in this example the identity secret would be kjv2654uo76v21698936fhn3161fd5=
  • start backpack.tf automatic as usual. after its all loaded and you are logged in run the command identity_secret YOURIDENTITYSECRET directly in the automatic console. in our example it would be identity_secret kjv2654uo76v21698936fhn3161fd5=
Step 4 :: ???

Step 5 :: Profit!

Troubleshooting!

1 line: 'adb' is no recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

• you didnt extract all files from the rar archive. make sure all files are in the same folder. just keep the folder structure from the rar archive
1/3 line: adb: unable to connect for backup

you device is not reachable for adb. there are many reasons which can cause that error.

• you may don't have usb-debugging enabled on your phone
  • you may need to install usb drivers for your phone
if you still are having problems feel free to add me or just write in this thread

Can someone please help me with this? My model is SM-G130E and there is no root availabe for it yet. Tried everything kingoroot, towel root everything. Searched everywhere. But when i try to do this method I always get the same error (adb: unable to connect for backup). my usb debugging is enabled. and i have the usb drivers and it is also 4.4.2

Did you remember your login?

yes, when i restart automatic, it uses oAuth token and logs in successfuly, but when it comes to renew web thing, i get error 401, so i have to restart automatic manually anyways.

you could try opening a Command Window in that folder and running the command adb devices and see if something shows up. to do that hold shift key and rightclick in the folder and click Open Command Window Here. if your device shows up it should work i wonder if it shows up

Just like matrix text falling down. :P and i tried running the "run me.bat" after doing that, still the same thing

Another problem.

L0Z4120.png

Once this happened a first time all offers that should have been accepted got the same error and it stopped auto confirming sent trades. Once restarted it confirmed trades just fine.

you could try opening a Command Window in that folder and running the command adb devices and see if something shows up. to do that hold shift key and rightclick in the folder and click Open Command Window Here. if your device shows up it should work i wonder if it shows up

It says list of devices attached and its blank.

Another suggestion: remove bp.tf listing when offer is confirmed, not when accepted. Already happened to me some times - before I manage t oconfirm via mobile, the other side cancells his offer, but the listing is already removed and I gotta list it again. 

12:19:40 - info: [U:1:127107659] Incoming offer #937464541 from 76561198087373387
12:19:45 - error: Cannot check escrow duration for offer #937464541: An error was encountered while processing your request:

sometimes bot write that. 

well that means that you device somehow is not reachable maybe you have to confirm/allow something aditional on your phone when its connected? i dont know what A Delicious Cashew did the solve that problem but he had the same issue. afaik he did something on his phone and it was working after that. maybe in the notification bar?

When i plug it in, on my phone it says "connected as a media device" and in  my computer there is also the folder of the phone. I tried on 2 laptops still doesnt work.

Another problem.

L0Z4120.png

Once this happened a first time all offers that should have been accepted got the same error and it stopped auto confirming sent trades. Once restarted it confirmed trades just fine.

*EDIT* Excuse me, getting the same error you posted in the other post, not this one.

I'm getting this same exact error now. Didn't have it until yesterday. Now its happened twice. 

*EDIT* Excuse me, getting the same error you posted in the other post, not this one.

I'm getting this same exact error now. Didn't have it until yesterday. Now its happened twice. 

http error 403 means havent logged in steam from new device for 7 days. Its cookies issue.

Even though im having this issue:

12:51:25 - verbose: Heartbeat sent to backpack.tf.12:55:42 - verbose: Renewing web session12:55:42 - warn: Cannot renew web session: HTTP error 40112:56:26 - verbose: Heartbeat sent to backpack.tf.

And nothing i can do, cookies just arent refreshing

[Guide] How to get your shared secret from android 4.x and up WITHOUT ROOT! (Steam Mobile) v1.2

Hello!

I use Android on VirtualBox. Your guide work for VirtualBox?