backpack.tf automatic help thread

Brad Pitt

Old version, please download the newest.

Haha i get that error when i do use newest versions of the bot. that is why i am still like 3 versions behind =P

Now for my question... Is there any way to automate posting offers on the Backpack.tf Site?

Thank You,

Spirit

Haha i get that error when i do use newest versions of the bot. that is why i am still like 3 versions behind =P

Now for my question... Is there any way to automate posting offers on the Backpack.tf Site?

Thank You,

Spirit

Not presently.

Hi!

Tell me please! Is it possible to make the bot always automatically accept the offer of exchange on the specific steamid?

Thanks!

Hi!

Tell me please! Is it possible to make the bot always automatically accept the offer of exchange on the specific steamid?

Thanks!

Not presently.

It's possible, but I'm not sure if it's something that we're interested in doing.

I want to do it himself. I can count on a little help with the code?

First and foremost I'd like to apologize in case this is a duplicate, I've not the time to scale back 50 pages and check but, well I've been using backpack.tf automatic for some time now, and I run into this, frequently, every 48 hours.

zJt6nQc.png

I understand what it's telling me but obviously this is a minor drawback and can be fixed via additional clauses in the conditional statement that processes the 'accountid_other' property as it's not in all circumstances defined.

Hey, just an interesting issue.

I noticed lately that for every trade I get like 6 lines of saying that some "items are no llonger available, discarding"  - see in picture https://www.dropbox.com/s/i3y2ftohact2af3/automatic.png?dl=0 

I wondered how ti fix it, since it was a bug.

I fixed it by deleting the .log file (which was sized of 10+ mb). Problem vanished afterward.

Just thinking I should let you know :) 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not really. I did a check - on my computer, with trade history erased, it doesn't do anymore. On my laptop with long history, it does that with every single new trade offer. It's some kind of bug. Not too important, but still is. 

I have another question.

Bp Automatic worked fine for me so far. For the next 2 weeks however i cant use my desktop PC and have to stick to my notebook (notebook is not temp. banned by steamguard; everything works fine). I copied the Bp automatic folder on a USB stick and want to copy it onto my notebook. Will this work? Or will the notebook with the folder from my desktop PC be steamguard banned for 7 days as it did with my desktop upon first install? Is there anything else evil to expect (upon starting bp automatic on the notebook a black hole will appear and swallow our solar system)?

Cheers

I have another question.

Bp Automatic worked fine for me so far. For the next 2 weeks however i cant use my desktop PC and have to stick to my notebook (notebook is not temp. banned by steamguard; everything works fine). I copied the Bp automatic folder on a USB stick and want to copy it onto my notebook. Will this work? Or will the notebook with the folder from my desktop PC be steamguard banned for 7 days as it did with my desktop upon first install? Is there anything else evil to expect (upon starting bp automatic on the notebook a black hole will appear and swallow our solar system)?

Cheers

Okay, i just tried it and it worked. Had to install node.js on the notebook aswell of course. But after copying the folder from my desktop PC it works just fine on the notebook. No steamguard ban for 7 days.

• 2 weeks later...

i was just thinking a little bit and remembered that someone said that all trades using automatic are logged on your server. so why dont you removed all automated trades from sell orders automatically? cuz as far as i know you have to load someones backpack to make them disappear (thats why i have a little userscript refreshing my backpack every 5min)

I have the same script refresh my backpack =P so that every half hour I'm at the top of the postings =D.

The competition is getting fierce in the automated business. Everyone wants in on it. And its working out for us.

Thank You,

Spirit

M_V

SP_Ad

Why backpack.tf automatic dont wanna see buying listings offers (selling only)? How to fix/change?

Automatic currently only works for sell orders. I believe there is a plan to have buy orders work sometime in the future.

Is there anyway to advertise items on the classifieds that you want excluded from backpack.tf automatic. eg: if you want people to send you a trade offer so that you can review it but not automatically accept it. 

This could be relevant when advertising unusuals as selling the higher priced items may require additional scrutiny of the other party.

you could put a price in pure for which you sell it 100% aswell as you could write inside the note that they can also send trade offers with item overpay. the bot wont accept/decline it. so you could look at those offers yourself

same shit happens every time. I noticed this, restarted, and it stuck in a loop, and automatic is not working anymore on my vps :/

14:52:10 - debug: steam: web authentication Error: getaddrinfo ENOTFOUND api.steampowered.com, retrying

14:52:10 - debug: steam: web authentication Error: getaddrinfo ENOTFOUND api.steampowered.com, retrying

14:52:16 - debug: offers: retrieving apikey: Error: getaddrinfo ENOTFOUND steamcommunity.com

14:52:16 - info: Offer handling ready.

14:52:16 - warn: Error occurred contacting backpack.tf, trying again in 60s...

14:53:16 - warn: Error occurred contacting backpack.tf, trying again in 60s...

14:54:16 - warn: Error occurred contacting backpack.tf, trying again in 60s...

14:55:16 - warn: Error occurred contacting backpack.tf, trying again in 60s...

14:56:16 - warn: Error occurred contacting backpack.tf, trying again in 60s...

14:57:16 - warn: Error occurred contacting backpack.tf, trying again in 60s...

14:58:16 - warn: Error occurred contacting backpack.tf, trying again in 60s...

14:58:54 - verbose: Connecting to Steam...

14:58:55 - debug: steam: socket timed out

14:58:55 - debug: steam: socket closed

14:58:55 - debug: steam: connecting to 146.66.152.13:27018

14:58:56 - debug: steam: socket timed out

14:58:56 - debug: steam: socket closed

14:58:56 - debug: steam: connecting to 146.66.152.13:27017

14:58:57 - debug: steam: socket timed out

14:58:57 - debug: steam: socket closed

14:58:57 - debug: steam: connecting to 72.165.61.188:27017

14:58:57 - debug: steam: connected

14:58:57 - debug: steam: encrypt request

14:58:58 - debug: steam: handshake complete

14:58:58 - info: Connected to Steam on Thursday, September 10th, 2015

14:59:00 - verbose: Connecting to Steam Web...

14:59:06 - debug: offers: retrieving apikey: Error: getaddrinfo ENOTFOUND steamcommunity.com

14:59:06 - info: Offer handling ready.

14:59:06 - warn: Error occurred contacting backpack.tf, trying again in 60s...

15:00:06 - warn: Error occurred contacting backpack.tf, trying again in 60s...

15:01:06 - warn: Error occurred contacting backpack.tf, trying again in 60s...

15:02:06 - warn: Error occurred contacting backpack.tf, trying again in 60s...

15:03:06 - warn: Error occurred contacting backpack.tf, trying again in 60s...

This whole installion thing is too confusing to me. In here: https://bitbucket.org/srabouin/backpack.tf-automatic  It says that all i have to do is download node.js and the latest version of backpack.tf.

What does to "Power Users" Section means? Do i need to follow that too? Do i need to install the other 2 programs too? Is it necessary to run the commands to get the bot working?

OR: I just do everything that the guy did on the video?

Just tell me what to do step by step.

you only have to do whatever easy install says. nothing more its written there step by step if you are having problems with one step feel free to ask

• 2 weeks later...

Help? I am a mac user and I can't seem to find any guides on downloading this for it. I think I made progress I got to this link :

http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/21441-automatic-for-mac/

A guy named cares or something says to install xcode but in my case I can't do tat either. But I did some more research and went into the terminal and went to shell and typed the commands for the power user. After that I ain't sure what to do. Help would be useful.

same shit happens every time. I noticed this, restarted, and it stuck in a loop, and automatic is not working anymore on my vps :/

14:52:16 - debug: offers: retrieving apikey: Error: getaddrinfo ENOTFOUND steamcommunity.com

14:52:16 - info: Offer handling ready.

14:52:16 - warn: Error occurred contacting backpack.tf, trying again in 60s...

14:53:16 - warn: Error occurred contacting backpack.tf, trying again in 60s...

14:54:16 - warn: Error occurred contacting backpack.tf, trying again in 60s...

14:55:16 - warn: Error occurred contacting backpack.tf, trying again in 60s...

14:56:16 - warn: Error occurred contacting backpack.tf, trying again in 60s...

14:57:16 - warn: Error occurred contacting backpack.tf, trying again in 60s...

14:58:16 - warn: Error occurred contacting backpack.tf, trying again in 60s...

14:58:54 - verbose: Connecting to Steam...

14:58:55 - debug: steam: socket timed out

14:58:55 - debug: steam: socket closed

14:58:55 - debug: steam: connecting to 146.66.152.13:27018

14:58:56 - debug: steam: socket timed out

14:58:56 - debug: steam: socket closed

14:58:56 - debug: steam: connecting to 146.66.152.13:27017

14:58:57 - debug: steam: socket timed out

14:58:57 - debug: steam: socket closed

14:58:57 - debug: steam: connecting to 72.165.61.188:27017

14:58:57 - debug: steam: connected

14:58:57 - debug: steam: encrypt request

14:58:58 - debug: steam: handshake complete

14:58:58 - info: Connected to Steam on Thursday, September 10th, 2015

14:59:00 - verbose: Connecting to Steam Web...

14:59:06 - debug: offers: retrieving apikey: Error: getaddrinfo ENOTFOUND steamcommunity.com

14:59:06 - info: Offer handling ready.

14:59:06 - warn: Error occurred contacting backpack.tf, trying again in 60s...

15:00:06 - warn: Error occurred contacting backpack.tf, trying again in 60s...

15:01:06 - warn: Error occurred contacting backpack.tf, trying again in 60s...

15:02:06 - warn: Error occurred contacting backpack.tf, trying again in 60s...

15:03:06 - warn: Error occurred contacting backpack.tf, trying again in 60s...

I realize this is late, but if you're still having issues, it looks like you don't have DNS servers set up properly.