Why do people say macs are bad?

The Radiated Banana

Feel free to find an ultrabook with a PCIe ssd, 1440p or higher resolution, excellent battery life (7-9 hours--15 vs 13"), an excellent keyboard and trackpad, and a strong yet light/small design for less than the price of a mac.

Chrome Pixel?

Why has no one mentioned Hackintosh? Go buy a "insert personal choice gaming laptop" put OSX on it.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People that use Windows as it was the first system they used > hate Mac

People that use Mac as it was the first system they used > hates Windows

That's kind of how the majority I know choose their preference for computer systems.

I dont hate windows or mac or linux. I think each OS has their perks. (ive used all three before)

they cant buy it. that's why

Thats a horrible thing to say, making fun of people's income is not a joking matter, ever.

I personally love em. But they are overpriced.

Feel free to find an ultrabook with a PCIe ssd, 1440p or higher resolution, excellent battery life (7-9 hours--15 vs 13"), an excellent keyboard and trackpad, and a strong yet light/small design for less than the price of a mac.

Have fun. 

it's more expensive than a macbook thoguh.

13" mbp retina 1299

13" chromebook pixel 1299

Not saying its equivalent in power but its still pretty damn nice option.

MBP vs Chromebook

DC [email protected] vs DC [email protected]

128GB SSD vs 32GB SSD + 1TB Drive / 3Years

8GB DDR3L vs 4GB DDR3

2560x1600 (227PPI) vs 2560 x 1700 (239PPI)

314 x 219 x 18 mm vs 297 x 224 x 16 mm

3.46 lbs vs 3.35 lbs

Intel Iris vs Intel 4000 HD

9hr 71.8 Wh vs 5hr 59Wh

OSX vs ChromeOS

Have fun.

^this

When i cashed out one of my cs:go alts earlier this year i got a macbook pro and it's been pretty awesome the only issue i had with it was not being able to run aspen or some of the other programs which are windows only, boot camped it, problem solved (I.e. have Windows 7 installed as dual boot)

Apple is probably the only company to buy from when it comes to laptops/ultrabooks, decent specs, decent price, great built quality and unchallenged customer service (It dies get it replaced on the spot)

Please get out, that's not a valid argument and you know it.

well, some people in my neighborhood hate's mac because they cant buy it. so when someone use mac is cool, and the one who doesn't use mac is'nt. 

dont blame me, i'm just saying my argument based on people around me. and not trying to be joking here

Mac's arent bad, they are pretty good but just not meant for gaming

I have used one before and they are pretty fast but you cannot download some games which sucks for those people

balls

I hate macs because they charge you triple just for a shiny white case that looks like a bin.

Have fun. 

Mac's arent bad, they are pretty good but just not meant for gaming

I have used one before and they are pretty fast but you cannot download some games which sucks for those people

balls

Bootcamp

Integrated graphics aren't good for gaming....even Iris. 

Was responding to "I have used one before and they are pretty fast but you cannot download some games which sucks for those people

balls"

For me it's the mouse. The scroll wheel is garbage and it's really finicky on how you left/right click.

The design on some of it is not really intuitive (like the task bar at the top needing to be on the desktop if you want to browse etc.

For me it's not really a gaming computer. Not really a work computer. More like something you use at the library to write a paper or something.

On the topic of Macs, they should bring back the cube-shaped ones from the late 90s/ early 2000s. Those were awesome.

For me it's the mouse. The scroll wheel is garbage and it's really finicky on how you left/right click.

The design on some of it is not really intuitive (like the task bar at the top needing to be on the desktop if you want to browse etc.

For me it's not really a gaming computer. Not really a work computer. More like something you use at the library to write a paper or something.

On the topic of Macs, they should bring back the cube-shaped ones from the late 90s/ early 2000s. Those were awesome.

No one is forcing you to use the magic mouse.

They also have fullscreen applications now, late as hell but it certainly does exist.

About the cube shaped ones, mac minis are pretty similar.

The magic mouse is fucking awful for those used to traditional LB RB mouse. I can't stand using it. Hence why I use a logitech mouse on mac.

1. Overpriced

2. Branded (could be along with number one)

3. Offers nothing a normal custom build can't do

4. OS is fairly closed

5. Fewer games

6. Less customization

7. You can use OS X on PC if you're skilled enough.

1. Overpriced

2. Branded (could be along with number one)

3. Offers nothing a normal custom build can't do

4. OS is fairly closed

5. Fewer games

6. Less customization

7. You can use OS X on PC if you're skilled enough.

1. Find me something comparable for less. 

2. Oh, right, because no other company brands their products...Dell/Hp commercials don't exist, they don't put their logo on their products...HTC/Samsung, same thing...no logos, no advertisements... Intel/AMD also no logo and no advertisements (well, AMD doesn't have many advertisements, but thats besides the point). 

3. Really? You can build an ultrabook, thats pretty amazing. 

5. Lol, any customization you can do on windows you an do on a mac. 

7. You can use windows on a mac. Also, you can only use OS X on a pc if your hardware supports it -- getting OS X to run on an AMD CPU is a bitch, and unless you're using Mavericks you can't use an AMD graphics card, and you're also severely limited to what motherboard you use, lots of hardware is simply not compatible with Hackintosh. 

1. Find me something comparable for less. 

2. Oh, right, because no other company brands their products...Dell/Hp commercials don't exist, they don't put their logo on their products...HTC/Samsung, same thing...no logos, no advertisements... Intel/AMD also no logo and no advertisements (well, AMD doesn't have many advertisements, but thats besides the point). 

3. Really? You can build an ultrabook, thats pretty amazing. 

5. Lol, any customization you can do on windows you an do on a mac. 

7. You can use windows on a mac. Also, you can only use OS X on a pc if your hardware supports it -- getting OS X to run on an AMD CPU is a bitch, and unless you're using Mavericks you can't use an AMD graphics card, and you're also severely limited to what motherboard you use, lots of hardware is simply not compatible with Hackintosh. 

1. Custom build with slightly better specs< Mac

2. I dislike them for the same reason? I'm using a custom PC, this doens't apply to me

3. You can with skill and parts

5. Completely untrue, really no other way I can counter that because it's so false

7. Refer to number 1

EDIT: I was wrong about 3, but you can build something that's comparable.

1. Custom build with slightly better specs< Mac

2. I dislike them for the same reason? I'm using a custom PC, this doens't apply to me

3. You can with skill and parts

5. Completely untrue, really no other way I can counter that because it's so false

7. Refer to number 1

1. Not a laptop, or a slim form factor all-in-on pc. 

2. Really? So what....you're running an ARM processor? That sounds powerful.... 

3. Yeah, if you have a machine to cut/form a plastic/metal shell, and then have the ability to create your own custom motherboard....Get fucking real.

5. So tell me, what can you customize on windows that you can't customize on OSX? 

7. Yes, Refer to number 1. 

Get your head out of your ass. 

Archived