Do people 'choose' to be gay?

Gent♥

How about we all agree to disagree. All of us believe in our opinion strongly and I doubt anyone will change their minds on this.

Except the majority disagree with you, bags. I created this thread to prove this very point.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Except the majority disagree with you, bags. I created this thread to prove this very point.

Congrats on having about 10 people agreeing on here. That's an accomplishment! You sure showed me!!

I don't think you choose to be gay. One cannot control his or her hormonal urges and they are present in your genes I suppose. As others have already pointed out, why would someone choose to be gay? Let us just assume there were no gays in the world, no one would choose to become one unless he was born to like men more than women.

Maybe higher levels of estrogen?

I'm pansexual, though I didn't identify as such until I became more experienced. I used to identify as "straghit/bi-curious". You don't choose your sexual preferences, but you do choose how you want to label them. A gay male can be attracted to women too, and still identify as gay. :P

please explain how my logic is incorrect and how yours is right then I will easily find where you are wrong and you can make another loophole

The thing is that you shouldn't say random stuff that comes to your head if you don't understand a response. Now, read this carefully:

Bags (yeah, a person) said "No one is born a certain way", thus denying a big part of evolution and genetics (know what evolution and genetics are?). I, then, went and told him that evolution and genetics exist and are true. I used examples like autism, schizophrenia, and intelligence to show that people are different mentally. I, then, said that there's no reason for these "mind variations" not to affect sexual orientation. These "mind variations" don't have to be a disease. Can you now tell me why you went and connected autism and schizophrenia with sexual orientation, please?

Editing in case it's too hard to understand: we all have these "mind variations" - just look at intelligence. why would these "mind variations" not affect sexual orientation?

I'm pansexual, though I didn't identify as such until I became more experienced. I used to identify as "straghit/bi-curious". You don't choose your sexual preferences, but you do choose how you want to label them. A gay male can be attracted to women too, and still identify as gay. :P

+1

I have a lot of respect for you cutie, and you know it :*

No, you are born the way you are. Back in the day people who were gay were punished and sometimes killed. If it was a choice no one wouldve been gay back in the day. There were still people that had affection for other people of the same sex and expressed it knowing the consequences

The thing is that you shouldn't say random stuff that comes to your head if you don't understand a response. Now, read this carefully:

Bags (yeah, a person) said "No one is born a certain way", thus denying a big part of evolution and genetics (know what evolution and genetics are?). I, then, went and told him that evolution and genetics exist and are true. I used examples like autism, schizophrenia, and intelligence to show that people are different mentally. I, then, said that there's no reason for these "mind variations" not to affect sexual orientation. These "mind variations" don't have to be a disease. Can you now tell me why you went and connected autism and schizophrenia with sexual orientation, please?

It took forever to read that and it will take longer writing my argument against that. But I will argue against one of the things you said...you called me a person...I AM NOT A PERSON!! I AM A BAG WITHIN A BAG!

Editing in case it's too hard to understand: we all have these "mind variations" - just look at intelligence. why would these "mind variations" not affect sexual orientation?

1. there is a difference between disease, and metal disorder. 2. evolution has been disproved many times with more evidence that naught. 3. your ratio of disorder to a choice of working harder to achieve a higher mental capacity (2:1) is rather skewed

Why does it matter? If you feel attracted to your own gender, that's you. Whether it's a choice or not isn't something that needs to be debated. My firm belief is that if you love someone of the same gender, great.

Whether or not is a choice, I don't care. Some people choose, others just have an attraction to the same sex but don't pursue it.

This will probably the last thing I will post on here. OP doesn't understand the point of PM. It's called Private Messaging for a reason.

Yeah. And I got sick of you being quite as arrogant as you were in PM and blocked you.

You weren't listening to my informed opinion, I thought maybe you'd listen to public opinion.

Yeah. And I got sick of you being quite as arrogant as you were in PM and blocked you.

You weren't listening to my informed opinion, I thought maybe you'd listen to public opinion.

Those who are hard of heart often have a hard head too. And again, it isn't about public opinion. Not everyone is gay, so it's hard to be in your position. STill, i didn't see the need to debate this.

Being gay isn't a choice, it's all genetic. But, people just don't get it, as a Bi-sexual, I sure as hell know it wasn't a choice, into my early teens I started to feel attracted to boys in my classes, and it felt kinda weird, but now, it's just kinda normal.

Doesn't matter either way. If everyone minds their own business, everyone is happy. I honestly couldn't give less of a shit if you chose to be gay or were just born that way. As long as you're not a jackass no one should have a problem with you.

1. there is a difference between disease, and metal disorder. 2. evolution has been disproved many times with more evidence that naught. 3. your ratio of disorder to a choice of working harder to achieve a higher mental capacity (2:1) is rather skewed

1) Okay, I used a not-so-accurate word, excuse me. 

2) lol

3) "choice of working harder to achieve a higher mental capacity" ->  Intelligence has a very strong genetic factor even if you can achieve a higher mental capacity from working hard. Apart from that what you seem not to understand is that these are just examples of our minds being different from the start.

* about number 2: I was going to try and make a serious response, but it really is funny. There's mountains of proof for evolution and it's completely accepted in the scientific community, and I just won't discuss that - It'd be obvious and stupid.

No one is born a certain way, their experience determines what choices they make. What you are basically saying is that people are born smart. Yes some people are born smart but for most people, you work at becoming smart. Gay people most likely had an experience while they were young which made them choose to become gay instead of straight.

Bullshit. Are you telling me that you were not born with certain genetic traits?

1) Okay, I used a not-so-accurate word, excuse me. 

2) lol

3) "choice of working harder to achieve a higher mental capacity" ->  Intelligence has a very strong genetic factor even if you can achieve a higher mental capacity from working hard. Apart from that what you seem not to understand is that these are just examples of our minds being different from the start. 

#1: your lol proved you have no logical response to that and will therefore blindly keep supporting the tripe that has been fed to the sheeple of this day and age #2: Sure some people have developmental issues such as ADHD or ADD. But as a whole, people have the same chances and freedom to carry those chances out. And with this I will bow out of this whole thread.

Archived