Limited friend requests

★UP  Tafel Kafel (Doge)

I would stop testing. Over a period of 8 hours, I added 6 people. I'm serious, try it. Just got the error after doing this, and I was being cautious not to get caught by it. But no, I think if you add more than 6 people in a day then you get banned. That's what appears to be the rule.

yeah I just said fuck it xD It wads getting nowhere. Honestly if you can't add 6 people within a 48 minute span, its total bullshit. Over an 8 hour period is total garbage though. They need to fix this!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's peoples own dumb fault for getting phished in the first place, valve should stop giving people back their phished shit because this isn't valves fault, it's the people's fault for falling for it. If people didn't fall for it then phishers would stop and valve wouldn't have to take such drastic measures.

It's peoples own dumb fault for getting phished in the first place, valve should stop giving people back their phished shit because this isn't valves fault, it's the people's fault for falling for it. If people didn't fall for it then phishers would stop and valve wouldn't have to take such drastic measures.

could not agree more, the only problem here is steam is extremely good at getting your account back. They almost always side with the original owners and in 95% of the time help to get your account back and while this seems like praise, its actually the problem. With so many damn morons out there, they are forced to help thousands of these "morons" get their account back, or come off as "The company who does not care" which is where the rubber hits the road. Manpower to deal with phished accounts is expensive, time is money and morons money makes them a customer like anyone else.

I understand the knee jerk solution, I am just hoping they realize it was stupid and work around it some other way. The beta took some of our ideas and implemented a landing page for non-steam links (http://goo.gl/HeaZBQ) so there IS hope but we will see.

could not agree more, the only problem here is steam is extremely good at getting your account back. They almost always side with the original owners and in 95% of the time help to get your account back and while this seems like praise, its actually the problem. With so many damn morons out there, they are forced to help thousands of these "morons" get their account back, or come off as "The company who does not care" which is where the rubber hits the road. Manpower to deal with phished accounts is expensive, time is money and morons money makes them a customer like anyone else.

I understand the knee jerk solution, I am just hoping they realize it was stupid and work around it some other way. The beta took some of our ideas and implemented a landing page for non-steam links (http://goo.gl/HeaZBQ) so there IS hope but we will see.

The problem is that if they don't restore the items then a lot of them will likely quit--which becomes troublesome for the future economy. But, yea....rather than making it harder for phishers to spread phishing links, valve should just make steam guard actually do something--because as it stands steam guard is literally worthless.

The problem is that if they don't restore the items then a lot of them will likely quit--which becomes troublesome for the future economy. But, yea....rather than making it harder for phishers to spread phishing links, valve should just make steam guard actually do something--because as it stands steam guard is literally worthless.

It is certainly better then any other program's protection. But yep, it's been around for long enough that it's not really a problem to bypass any more. But anything more restrictive and it would suck balls to use the program. Its already a pain in the ass when you rebuild your pc, or access your account on one that you have not before, and trading restrictions with password reset. That which is meant to protect sucks when its you doing it. I mean they could IP address restrict or HWID restrict but again, more problems then answers with those.

It is certainly better then any other program's protection. But yep, it's been around for long enough that it's not really a problem to bypass any more. But anything more restrictive and it would suck balls to use the program. Its already a pain in the ass when you rebuild your pc, or access your account on one that you have not before, and trading restrictions with password reset. That which is meant to protect sucks when its you doing it. I mean they could IP address restrict or HWID restrict but again, more problems then answers with those.

Logging on from a new device only limits your trading abilities from THAT device. You can still trade from any other device that has already been cleared. Additionally, i recently (within the past month) replaced my ssd and did a fresh install (not a clone) of the os and I was able to trade immediately.

They could give you the option to have a security code be required in order to trade--i.e. when you get a trade invite in order to accept it you have to enter a security code in a pop-up window. (This option could be given complete user control--i.e. users could decide if it pertains to all trades, trades involving unusuals/genuines/etc...)

Limit has been raised to 100. Not sure if this is permanent or on purpose but it is. Here is hoping it is here to stay.

Limit has been raised to 100. Not sure if this is permanent or on purpose but it is. Here is hoping it is here to stay.

Was it mentioned somewhere? Is it official?

If yes I will finally decide to buy trade.tf premium.

Was it mentioned somewhere? Is it official?

If yes I will finally decide to buy trade.tf premium.

Nothing official about the limit being applied OR it being removed lol. I am waiting to see if it was a fluke but as of right now, I can add 100 people until it breaks

• Administrators

Nothing official about the limit being applied OR it being removed lol. I am waiting to see if it was a fluke but as of right now, I can add 100 people until it breaks

Really? Thats good news. So its not 5 adds every 48 minutes anymore? I can add 100? You checked it yourself?  :D

Really? Thats good news. So its not 5 adds every 48 minutes anymore? I can add 100? You checked it yourself?  :D

I dont know about you but I never saw 5 every 48 minutes. I only ever saw 6 every 24 hours.

As for 100 yes, checked it myself, on multiple accounts. As for them keeping it, no idea but for now its 100.

Archived