Limited friend requests

★UP  Tafel Kafel (Doge)

First of all, I dunno where to post it, so i posted it here. Anyways.

When I invite someone, it says "You've sent too many friend invites recently. Try inviting [unknown] again in a day or two."

Well, I know, phishers. But it affects the trading too much, I mean, i invite and remove people on my friends list everyday, because I trade, and now Valve adds this sh** "to stop phishers" before thinking two times. Really, they should think about traders, it really sucks cuz i can't trade with anyone now. I hope it gets removed, say what you think below.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about using the trade offer system? ain't even hard. (ik that some players dont have it enabled to everyone but eh)

Yeah, I know, trade offers, but think about the others (duh)

I'm not talking about me, I'm talking about everyone

Think about it, you can't trade because you've sent too many friend invites just to trade.

fucked up imo. they should make something like: (Amount of trades/Day :2) = x, invitations you can send = normal amount + x

so normal traders can trade

fucked up imo. they should make something like: (Amount of trades/Day :2) = x, invitations you can send = normal amount + x

so normal traders can trade

Or something like, if user is reported, he has that limit

oh, actually there are some trolls reporting for no reason

can't think of anything, valve needs to solve this

So this means you won't be able to add people anymore?

==> Hey! my friend can't add you, add him on scamconmunity.com/65963503

Or something like, if user is reported, he has that limit

oh, actually there are some trolls reporting for no reason

can't think of anything, valve needs to solve this

Here's how:

Apply the request limit to profiles who are on a lot of people's blocked list. 

Done :I

Here's how:

Apply the request limit to profiles who are on a lot of people's blocked list. 

Done :I

gud idea C:

but....

how can be sure so it's a phisher? : O

gud idea C:

but....

how can be sure so it's a phisher? : O

Would a non-phisher be on 30+ people's blocked list?  Even if they aren't, it's obvious he's an asshole and deserves the limit anyways I:

Require an authentication code to add someone. No more stupid adds, no more phishes, no more accidental adds, no more people adding 100 people to buy an item...

+1 add limit / per day For every steam level.

That's what this is needed. Phish bots are all level one.

What's the limit anyway?

While I do agree that trade offers SHOULD make this less of a big deal, there are several things that trade offers are ill-suited for (especially high-tier trades that require a lot of negotiation). Further, Valve REALLY needs to add an option to make trade offers generate a popup the same way adds do

While I do agree that trade offers SHOULD make this less of a big deal, there are several things that trade offers are ill-suited for (especially high-tier trades that require a lot of negotiation). Further, Valve REALLY needs to add an option to make trade offers generate a popup the same way adds do

They do. I've seen it pop up in the side when I get trade offers. 

They do. I've seen it pop up in the side when I get trade offers.

How?

The only pop ups I get are friend/group requests and "you have received items"

Would a non-phisher be on 30+ people's blocked list?  Even if they aren't, it's obvious he's an asshole and deserves the limit anyways I:

same problem as mass reporting.

How?

The only pop ups I get are friend/group requests and "you have received items"

yeah please tell us your secrets.

Trade offers trade offers trade offers

Total Listed: 28320 Last Hour: 1763

Trade Offers enabled: 13119

See the problem here? Less than half. 

Valve being stupid here, there next solution to phishing is just dumb.

So, I was just adding lots of people as I have a list of every craft numbered Hong Kong Cone below 100, and I was buying them all :D. After adding 5 people, just getting started, an error pops up. "You've sent too many invitations recently. Try inviting [unknown] again in a day or two."

Ok. 1 day (or 2, this is Valve time we gotta remember) without trading? Are you crazy? I finally get a list of all the Hong Kong Cones, got enough keys to buy a lot of them, looking forward to increasing the size of my collection, and now I can't add people for a day. This is just outright ridiculous, and IT WON'T EVEN STOP PHISHERS. They're just gonna make more accounts aren't they? I am literally so mad right now :/. Please give your opinions on this dumb "protection" against phishing.

5 seems a bit to low but i don't have anything against the idea though.

Maybe if they made it higher, like 10-20 it wouldn't be a huge deal but 5 is just stupid.

5 seems a bit to low but i don't have anything against the idea though.

I have everything against the idea.

You see, I go around adding like 50 people on a good day of trading. I trade A LOT. This is stopping me from trading.

And all valve had to do was just do what every other website does. Block linking in chats...or at least a warning for fake steam sites (stupid "fix" only blocks in steam browsers which is next to useless...)

Stupid fix which doesn't fix anything, If phishers are bothered to make a website, bots to add people why wont they make a bot to create new accounts...

Archived