Want to sell tf2 keys ( new to economy )

Reaper_007

Sorry to hear about you getting scammed. On the bright side at least you did not already spent money before it got revoked.

I am always astonished by how many people still do big trades like these for PayPal with someone they don‘t know. Any  „trusted“ seller can easily turn scammer for a few thousand dollars. There have been instances where even the supposedly safe „friends and family“ transactions have been revoked. There is literally no way to be 100 % safe with PayPal - even if you go second. 

With marketplace closed for new sellers (and mannco being mannco…) it has become a little obscure to safely buy and sell keys. ATM I usually use skinport or other triste Counter-Strike-Marketplaces for quickly selling keys. The 12% fee on skinport is kind of bad, but prices are higher and at least I always get my money. 

Be safe!

On 2/7/2024 at 6:23 PM, MILF Gaming said:

Wow I'm sorry to hear that. What happened?? Someone linked a thread on background checks right on this post...

Here is that guy’s profile https://steamcommunity.com/id/GhostMiceOfficial

he was middleman and took all my keys 

buyer unfriended me after transfer 

May they both die worst death seen by humankind

22 hours ago, Onion-Turtle said:

Sorry to hear about you getting scammed. On the bright side at least you did not already spent money before it got revoked.

I am always astonished by how many people still do big trades like these for PayPal with someone they don‘t know. Any  „trusted“ seller can easily turn scammer for a few thousand dollars. There have been instances where even the supposedly safe „friends and family“ transactions have been revoked. There is literally no way to be 100 % safe with PayPal - even if you go second. 

With marketplace closed for new sellers (and mannco being mannco…) it has become a little obscure to safely buy and sell keys. ATM I usually use skinport or other triste Counter-Strike-Marketplaces for quickly selling keys. The 12% fee on skinport is kind of bad, but prices are higher and at least I always get my money. 

Be safe!

Cant really do anything about it 

steam support is bad enough to not recover keys.

I pray everyday for their lives to get doomed…

Mfs will never be happy in their lives.

8 hours ago, Reaper_007 said:

Cant really do anything about it 

steam support is bad enough to not recover keys.

Steam support won't reverse trades like this because they have all the security measures you could ask for so that in the event you do get scammed, it's because you clicked a bad link or trusted someone you shouldn't have. If they do start reversing trades, that opens a door for people to abuse the system and do all kinds of sketchy things.

In this case, looks like you did a cash trade with someone who hasn't even built any +trusts - in fact had 3 -trusts which should have been a clear indicator you wouldn't be getting any money from him. So not only did you not do a background check, you fell for the offer that was far too good to be true (which is internet safety 101). As soon as real world money is involved in something, you can bet there will be some slimy characters trying to line their pockets.

The more trust someone has, typically the worse rates they will offer. It's a peace of mind for money tradeoff. So they guy offering 5-10c more per key is definitely not someone you want to trust.

• Like 3

Why does every new to trade believe in this stupid fairy tale that everyone is a good person? 💀

I guess you didn't even read those trading guides.

5 hours ago, Alecto said:

Steam support won't reverse trades like this because they have all the security measures you could ask for so that in the event you do get scammed, it's because you clicked a bad link or trusted someone you shouldn't have. If they do start reversing trades, that opens a door for people to abuse the system and do all kinds of sketchy things.

In this case, looks like you did a cash trade with someone who hasn't even built any +trusts - in fact had 3 -trusts which should have been a clear indicator you wouldn't be getting any money from him. So not only did you not do a background check, you fell for the offer that was far too good to be true (which is internet safety 101). As soon as real world money is involved in something, you can bet there will be some slimy characters trying to line their pockets.

The more trust someone has, typically the worse rates they will offer. It's a peace of mind for money tradeoff. So they guy offering 5-10c more per key is definitely not someone you want to trust.

ye learnt my lesson after a hefty cash scam

still i wish that person will die worse than a starved human