Did Gladiator.tf get hacked again?

RussellSproutz

6 minutes ago, eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee said:

only one backpack? that's as stupid as leaving a crucial server open to the internet

cave seemed like a nice guy,a shame.i hope the void he leaves open gets filled by an equally-goodwilled person

There's was about 5 other backpacks, such as Lozangle's bot Catra

4 hours ago, RicK mai said:

what is gladiator.tf?

Gladiator.tf is a 3rd party website that utilized trade bots for traders. It recently got hacked a couple hours ago including two friends of my mine, Flan and Loz that got robbed at least about 100k plus in items alone.

2 hours ago, LaughingLollipop said:

don't worry I'm sure their terms of service provided them complete immunity from responsibility

its a 3rd party site theme

Rofl I do hope they try to reimburse their patrons.

4 minutes ago, Russell said:

Gladiator.tf is a 3rd party website that utilized trade bots for traders. It recently got hacked a couple hours ago including a friend of money Flan that got robbed about 100k plus in items alone.

so all the items were stolen? or just some

Just now, RicK mai said:

so all the items were stolen? or just some

Theres 307 bots. Some of the most valuable inventories were targeted. Not all, but lots of expensive shit and unusuals.

17 minutes ago, Russell said:

307 bots. 6 keys per month. 1842 keys per month. (Ballpark 3000$?)

Then you factor in website prices, and whatnot.

If they pocketed every single $ and had to pay for nothing (like the website and the accounts themself), it would take them 50 months to pay it off.

I dont think everyone is getting reimbursed, as sad as it is.

• Like 2

Of course, I dont know how many of those bots are premium, and I did read somewhere that the damages were around 200k. Wasnt sure which to go with, so i averaged 150k. But even if all the bots were premium, itd still take them a little over 2 years worth of salary to pay it off. Theyve only been running for about 4 years.

Cave himself stated that repaying 8.6k that was lost is about 8 months of profit, 250k (rough estimate rn) would take wayyy longer than 2 years

38 minutes ago, Russell said:

probably ain't gonna happen unless some rich Arab bails them out

Just now, chadgladiatoruser said:

Cave himself stated that repaying 8.6k that was lost is about 8 months of profit, 250k (rough estimate rn) would take wayyy longer than 2 years

Yes as I said, thats assuming they pocketed every 6 keys per bot. Which obviously that doesnt happen because there is expenses and other stuff to be paid.

Im going to do what I can do help people out who were affected by this. If someone can compile a list of everyone they can find who was affected by this, and how much they lost, that would make my life easier. More details later. I have 3hrs left of my work shift.

22 minutes ago, chadgladiatoruser said:

probably ain't gonna happen unless some rich Arab bails them out

maybe he can have a famous youtuber organize a donation campaign for him?

• Confused 2

3 minutes ago, eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee said:

250k is a big stretch. not to mention this is the 2nd hack in a month by probably same ppl. not much trust after something this big happens

3 hours ago, Juicepar said:

https://backpack.tf/profiles/76561199389182144 flan

https://backpack.tf/profiles/76561199198828064 iron_aj

https://backpack.tf/profiles/76561199218338009 requiem 

https://backpack.tf/profiles/76561199219758482 shawl

https://backpack.tf/profiles/76561199125443371 bee bot (beebot jr wasn't hit)

im missing lozangle's bot; theres possibly more hopefully someone can help link those

https://backpack.tf/profiles/76561199111292616 He was hit as well 

15 minutes ago, eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee said:

Im not famous, however this is my plan.

12 minutes ago, chadgladiatoruser said:

250k is a big stretch. not to mention this is the 2nd hack in a month by probably same ppl. not much trust after something this big happens

Absolutely. While I know a lot less people will probably want to use Gladiator, this campaign im creating is mainly targeted towards the users who lost something.

53 minutes ago, Lucyfer said:

Im going to do what I can do help people out who were affected by this. If someone can compile a list of everyone they can find who was affected by this, and how much they lost, that would make my life easier. More details later. I have 3hrs left of my work shift.

Maybe you can manipulate the price of vaccinators to $1 and give away one vaccinator for each $ lost

Meh, on the fence about this.

On one hand, it’s terrible that even in 2023, there is literally nothing preventing bad actors from committing actual crime (120,000 USD is quite a bit for a fucking tf2 heist).

On the other hand, GOD DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bots were making so much fucking money that over 100k could get yoinked from what basically amounts to lines of code attached to steam accounts. 

I don’t feel super bad for the dudes who sat there and just hoarded stuff from players cashing out using their bots and then flipped it 3-10x. If you have money, you’ll make money. I’m sure they’ll recover

2 minutes ago, Lucyfer said:

Im not famous, however this is my plan.

Absolutely. While I know a lot less people will probably want to use Gladiator, this campaign im creating is mainly targeted towards the users who lost something.

This isn't going to be one of those situations where somebody beloved on the internet was morally wronged, and was given justice in the form of love and donations. They'll have friends who could show their condolences and help recoup some of the losses, but they're traders who lost money trying to make money, not heroes.

This would be the equivalent of a youtuber setting up a gofundme for people that lost all of their money because a crypto brokerage they had all of their crypto stored on got hacked. In a perfect world, they shouldn't of had lost their money. But everyone with more than 5 brain cells knows, not your keys, not your crypto.

People took the risk of trusting a 3rd party site with massive chunks of money in the prospect of making more money. But if it's not in your inventory, they aren't your items.

I want to be optimistic for the victims, and I still hope something can be worked out, but even they have to acknowledge that if you play stupid games, you earn stupid prizes.