Underrated effects?

Frostnip

Okay, so there are effects that people automatically dismiss, especially 3rd gen and Robo effects.

I personally think there are good effects out of the bunch.

I think Terror-Watt and Kill-A-Watt are quite nice. Miami Nights isn't too flashy, but it's pretty good looking on some hats, like the Brown Bomber or Hallmark. DBD is flashy, and that's why I like it.

What about you guys?

I think my Terror-Watt Bomber looks quite good.

post-4534-0-30393200-1394332104_thumb.jpg

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

C9, Disco, Time Warp, GBH, ra, af are good. The rest are garbage.

The new effects aren't really underrated, people just stay away from them because they're still overpriced so no one buys them, which makes them seem like cancerous crap, which makes people not want to buy them.

Honestly, I like timewarp. I had kill-a-watt demo hat for a while, and I liked that a bit too. Sold it after about a week though.

Yeah, terror watt and kill a watt are definitely underrated. The effects are so vivid and just nice looking to be considered that low to many people. 

Nuts n' Bolts.

Eerie Orbiting Fire.

Stormy Storm.

Smoking.

Misty Skull.

Bubbling.

Orbiting Fire.

Orbiting Planets.

I love these effects to death, but they're such a huge pain to sell.

Also, I wish they put in Orbiting Cloudy Moon :(

I alway thought that confetti was super massively underrated. I jizz everytime I see hats with those kinds of effects Â¯\_( Í¡0 ͜ʖ Í¡0)_/¯.

scorching flames

burning flames

sunbeams

hearts

green energy

purple energy

tf2logo

peace sign

vivid

searing

as you can tell, i love old effects. i think all new 3rd gen an above hats/effects are utter shit

scorching flames

burning flames

sunbeams

hearts

green energy

purple energy

tf2logo

peace sign

vivid

searing

as you can tell, i love old effects. i think all new 3rd gen an above hats/effects are utter shit

You missed flies. 

So since we're listing out all the good effects: 

1st Gen: Fettis, Flies, Energies, Scorching, Plasmas, Hearts

2nd Gen: Blizz, Stormy

Halloween 2011: Eerie, Lantern, Cauldron

Halloween 2012: Stormy 13, Knifestorm 

Halloween 2013: All of them

3rd Gen: Cloud 9, Disco 

Robo: Time Warp, GBH, Phos, Sulph, Af, ra (kinda)

I feel like all of the 3rd generation effects are automatically underrated by principle, but especially the Watts. Those are right up in the Energy/Plasma tier, IMO.

Another effect I feel is quite underrated is Orbiting Planets. It's colorful, fairly visible (at least if you put it up high), and open enough for lots of forced theming, which is enough to make it my favorite of the 2nd generation effects (which is why I bought a Planets Magnificent Mongolian).

>Topic is named "Underrated effects"; Top tier effects are chosen

My favorite'd have to be Searing Plasma. I haven't seen many people who like it, but I think it's pretty cool.

terror-watt/kill-a-watt work really great as second effects with Halloween/Storm-type effects.

Personally I really like arcana/spellbound and demonflame/darkblaze/hellfire but many people will lowball them to hell because they are newer Halloween effects.

Archived