Underrated effects?

Frostnip

Scorching is really underrated. The fact that people pay more for Burning still surprises me. Scorching Master Race

(Actual underrated effects = Weather, Stormy 13th, Halloween Bats depending on the hat)

Miami would be underrated too, just gets unboxed way too much. Same with Weather, got so shafted by being most common unbox rates

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vivid Plasma... Yum! 

Ghosts Kind Of... I personally think H. Ghosts is one of the best effects in the game: fitting, not too flashy, but visible.

Planets. I will never trade my planets O. Mirror. Undertoned, but good looking and decent on most hats. 

I don't think summer effects are under rated at all, lot people like these effects a lot, its just that they just unbox every day and supply is higher then demand often, so from a profit point of view they aren't great.

Robo effects though are defiantly under rated especialy phospor sulphor roboactive and anti freeze.

Personaly i especialy like phospor and roboactive.

All three bat effects are the most underrated effects in TF2 right now (I'm not just saying that because of my Spy set either).

1. Super rare as they are only available as drops for a few weeks a year.

2. THE EFFECT IS NOT THE SAME AS ORBITING! People think because they circle your head they should be classed as a orbiting effect. Firstly, the effect is animated unlike any of the other orbiting effects. Secondly, it doesn't just circle your head. It moves around you in a unpredictable way unlike any of the orbiting effects.

3. They are as visible if not more than burning and scorching.

4. When you move around they have a long flame trail like burning and scorching effects do. Orbiting fire, erie orbiting fire and flaming lantern do not have a long trail.

5. They are amazingly themed and look better than any triple set combo that can currently exist if you have one of each color (my opinion).

6. They pair well with both burning and scorching.

There are other reasons also but it's a fucking travesty some people don't consider these effects god tier.

scorching flames

burning flames

sunbeams

hearts

green energy

purple energy

tf2logo

peace sign

vivid

searing

as you can tell, i love old effects. i think all new 3rd gen an above hats/effects are utter shit

Bs. 1st gens are not the shit everyone believes them to be. Many are gifted, duped have giant histories with red letter scammers etc. They are overrated and many of the newer effects look better.

I hate the Watts with a passion. I'd rather have n+b.

Lol. Total b.s..

Steaming but especially smoking. Not saying they should be high tier but each does a nice job of drawing attention to the hat and like white and black paint they are good for creating contrasts.

i have a kill a watt chieftains and its difficult to sell :'(

terrorwatt looks good in my opinion and i like miami too

Why don't phosphorous, sulpherous, overclocked, and mem leak get any love :,c

Those are some of my favorites.  I think the pixelated styling is very creative.  I enjoy it so much that I'll never sell my OC Panama even though most would say it's cancer.

I personally love all the robo effects to varying degrees, and I really dig Kill and Terror-Watt.  The one thing I always have the most personal interest in with unusuals is theming.  I don't really like Dead Presidents very much, but I would love to have a Dead Presidents Fed Fightin' Fedora or Villain's Veil.

I just wouldn't get into robo, summer, or recent halloween to make money. 

Most of the Robotic Boogaloo effects I consider to be better than people give them credit for, especially Time Warp/Green Black Hole (a Time Warp Magnificent Mongolian is one of my dream unusuals). They can be rare to find on the market, especially for newer hats, as the flow of RoboCrate unboxes has slowed to a trickle.

Also, I dig Kill-A-Watt/Terror-Watt. I wish they weren't lumped in the Summer 2013 cancer tier.

I wish they weren't lumped in the Summer 2013 cancer tier.

They're not lumped in, they're the definition of summer 2013 cancer

Archived