Unboxed my first unusual in my first crate "Unusual Starfire Decorated veteran" need advice on trading

Nikimaro

image.thumb.png.39a9b82a4952210f44e753e911ee6896.png

so basically i need help on selling this kind of hat maybe this is a way to pay for bills and stuffs thankyou if anyone can help me price this hat

• Like 1

Summer is here...

https://forums.backpack.tf/topic/79833-price-suggestions-for-new-unusual/#comment-661167

https://forums.backpack.tf/topic/79846-estimated-price-on-unusual/#comment-661222

Please see (older thread but still relevant):

No one can do a price check on a brand new effect and hat!!!!!!!

The best you can do is try to sell based on other sellers (or comparable effects/hats/etc.) while the hype is up, but it's all completely arbitrary unless you can find sales to back it up, or get lucky. Even then, it's plausible that more will be unboxed as well, which can have a major impact on the value of your hat. If you want an accurate price check, you're going to have to wait for sales that happen AFTER the event. Otherwise you're mostly shooting in the dark. 

What you do have going for you is the fact that it's an Elite grade hat with a brand new effect (which looks pretty good imo). There's no doubting this hat is rare, and should be worth a pretty penny. How much exactly cannot be determined. The new hats aren't even tradable yet, so just take it easy and see what more experienced traders end up listing theirs for (and what they sell for), for the most accurate guess. You can also list at an arbitrary number and collect offers. Just look out for sharks.

Disclosure: Most of this response is copy/pasted because like 5 bajillion people ask for price checks on brand new effects and hats not even a week after they come out and frankly I'm tired of it.

All I can say is that it is worth quite a bit considering it is an elite. Wait for the same hat with different effects to sell (or better if your same hat is listed in the nearby future) and try to place your hat with a value in a nearby range.

Thatll probably go for triple or close to quadruple digits in keys, do not sell it for cheap, and do not get scammed out of it, its a nice unbox ^^

• Like 1

I would advise watching videos on how to not get scammed and watch out for suspicious people trying to add you!

It's going to be worth a lot. I'd say maybe wait for other decorated veteran unusuals to show up, could take a while, but someone is definitely going to try to get this off you for cheap just to relist it for 2000+..... Not going to name any names... (also my two cents: 800  USD is too low for this one, at least for now)

put it on scm for like 1500$ or so, effect is mid tier, and prices will fall HARD after first week, when lots of them become tradable.