The Real Australium Drop Rate 0.47%

FireStarter101

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you considered that not every tour that had been made to date has been a two cities tour? Because I don't see any of that on the sheet, it's pretty obvious though don't think you missed it, just asking

So what you're saying is: it's easier to unbox an unusual than get an australium?

Implying that the Unusual drop rate is 1%, which is not.

Implying that the Unusual drop rate is 1%, which is not.

I'm not implying that, I'm implying the unusual drop rate is over 0.47%

is it though? most people i talk to are around 1/300 on average.

It might not be, though. All we know is that it's < 1%, unless there's some document discussing an exact drop rate I am not aware of.

Did you considered that not every tour that had been made to date has been a two cities tour? Because I don't see any of that on the sheet, it's pretty obvious though don't think you missed it, just asking

i only counted the two cities tours

So I have a better chance playing on my ALT than playing on this account with 33 tours and 0 Australiums.

no you have the same chance of getting it on your 1st tour as you do on your 200th tour.   if i do the math 0.433% of the people with tours got it on there 1st tour

That surely can't be right? Several people (3 or 4) in my friends list found Australium weapon and they don't have even 100 tours combined.

That surely can't be right? Several people (3 or 4) in my friends list found Australium weapon and they don't have even 100 tours combined.

4 people isn't a statically large number. 

The drop percentage is a global thing, so .47 of every tour ever completed by anyone yields an aussie wep.

Finally a topic worth discussing. Can I ask where you get your information from?

yes i got all the info from backpack.tf and stats.tf

4 people isn't a statically large number. 

The drop percentage is a global thing, so .47 of every tour ever completed by anyone yields an aussie wep.

It's definitely not a large number but it's a fairly large deviation from 0.47%.

I'm interested to see the source of data for this.

It's definitely not a large number but it's a fairly large deviation from 0.47%.

I'm interested to see the source of data for this.

Of course it's a huge deviation. Your sample size is infinitesimally small compared to the sample size on that spreadsheet.

I can flip a coin 4 times and get heads 3 times. That doesn't mean that the odds of flipping a coin are %75 heads.  That's not how probability works. 

Archived