Warning relatively new BIG PayPal and Unusual trader "A." going on PayPal chargeback / Scamming spree / Gambling the items!

Hipsta Jayzus

Nobody is "attacking" his reputation.

Huhwut? Here's what I was replying to. Read it carefully and see if you can spot the attack:

There is no way this guy is legit anyway, without even considering who he was doing business with. You don't suddendly get a bp worth more than bobsplosion's, and go private two weeks later like that, without being shady.

you seem hella pissed off.

And I'll tell you why. Every dollar you farm on SCM cost someone $1.15 of real money.  For every dollar you extract by PayPal someone had to spend $1.25 of real money on Steam, plus the dollar to you.  The economy is totally dependent on people who put money in for fun without expecting to see a profit.  Yet, everywhere I look, I see people like you attacking them because you need to feel better about yourself.  

You want to know why DCG went private?  Just read your own post.  There's a rabid lynch mob of poors who think that everyone with wealth is a thief or a scammer.  Bob hid his wealth in private alts and I wouldn't be surprised if it was for the same reason.

People like Bob and DCG are great for the economy: beyond the direct infusion of cash, they have a multiplier effect by setting a higher bar to strive for.  But then know-nothings are compelled to attack them for no reason other than their existence makes you feel inadequate.  That's bad for me, bad for the economy, bad for everyone except an angry minority who gets a little feels bump from affirming that no one could possibly be richer than they are.

So, like I said, present evidence. Or shut up.

Guys like you really got to stop mistaking doubts for jealousy. That's funny because, A. , the one and only cancer A. , called me jealous of Venom when I simply stated the actual fact he is a sharker.

No, I'm not jealous. You're mad. Terribly mad. From a "there is no way he is legit", you manage to insult me multiple times, and, as whole, belittle my very existence. 

I'm absolutely happy for guys like Bobsplosion or other collectors who spend a ton of actual money in the game. They feed the economy by such an extent, actual traders like me are all for it. I wish there were more guys like Bob (first collector that comes to mind, but there are plenty others). The economy currently is kinda "broken" because the proportion of for-profit traders is too large compared to non-traders buyers, and that's because tf2 is getting less and less popular.

Merendas, another trader, is the most succesful I have ever seen in term of growth. Have you ever seen someone say there could be something wrong about him? Of course not. He's just growing super fast. And it's amazing for him. Period.

But if someone spends a shit ton of money in the game, in such a short period of time, by having a doubtful person, who in the end, proved to be a scammer of the worst kind, find stuff for them, yeah, I'm having doubts. That's my absolute, deepest right. All the mean words you can say, will not change a thing. The more you'll repeat "shut up", the less I will. The agressivity of your post, coming from no where, is absolutely appaling. If that's how you deal with disgreement or something you believe unfair, you are an horrible person. And I never meant it so much. Just... what the hell.

• Administrators

Cut it out or this gets closed. This thread was intended to warn people about a scammer, not bicker about who is jealous of who and speculate about other traders. If anyone has valid reason to suspect someone of wrongdoing, compile evidence and report it. Further posts in this vein will be warned.

While I am deeply sympathetic to those who have been scammed by A, it frustrates me yet again that people fell for such an obvious ruse. I remember having a conversation with someone before A went rogue, about his legitimacy. Not only were most of the things that led to his wealth suspicious, but he was dealing regularly with shady traders like thevenomwithin. 

It's a shame we can't take any legal action against him. 

Well the warning is great and all but why do we need a huge argument over it. This is about someone who is stealing items over paypal and using it for gambling. I'd like seeing this thread closed than a huge argument but this post shows that I need to meet the person first and know them very well for a paypal trade rather than just adding them and not Knowing that you are gonna get scammed. Like depends who I trust even with the trust system, it can be manipulated over by doing fast paypal trades or risky trades which is one reason I kinda don't like the trust system because of manipulation just depends on the person in general

snip

What really was the bigger sign is that he cashed out all his stuff right before the trade, so he had nothing to lose. And then insisted on the other party to go first. The same situation often happens when they lost all to gambling and then start scamming because they have nothing to lose like Neutron a while ago.

What really was the bigger sign is that he cashed out all his stuff right before the trade, so he had nothing to lose. And then insisted on the other party to go first. The same situation often happens when they lost all to gambling and then start scamming because they have nothing to lose like Neutron a while ago.

I had 0 knowledge of him and I'm not really part of this community. ALL I could go by was his backpack.tf trust and the words of a few mutual friends who said he absolutely paid them and it was past chargeback time. I REALLY wish there was a "neutral but skeptical" option for trust so you can at least put things like "this guy can be a total dick sometimes" or "this guy deals with scammers / sharks" not a negative rep but enough to make certain people second guess.

Naknak said he trusted him fully. Buddhapest had cashed his entire BP by him. I combed through his inventory histories and even went to these forums here to try to get a better idea of what he was doing and it looked like he periodically bought large backpacks / unusuals, cashed them out for keys, sells keys, buys more unusuals. I've done that, many of us have, and all of the proof of it simply being a 6 month legit backpack buyer was there. I just thought I was in his "rebuying" phase. None of it was obvious.

Now that I've heard stories about him being an asshole / sketchy / dealing with sketchy people (venom wasn't on his trust page and I'm PRETTY sure they weren't friends at the time I traded, probably part of there little agreement to target me) I wouldn't have ever dealt with him and it sucks no one on my list could have given me a headsup. The first thing I thought of was "this guy looks like a rogue in the making" but then having huge key buyers like naknak tell me he literally would trust him with hundreds of keys and seeing him actually having had BIGGER opportunities to go rogue in the past, I let him get the best of me by taking a risk. Every time you trade in paypal there's a risk and I sure wish I had trusted my gut - but my need to cash out lead me to take a risk I otherwise wouldn't have.

The good news is that it looks like this dumbass not only fucked up in going rogue on just me and 2 other people when he had chances to do it on much bigger targets, but he also lost ALL of his stolen loot gambling it last night to a rando. Maybe the rando is an alt, but from the research I've done he looks sketchy, but not related.

http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/statuses/user/21224-k1ng/?status_id=399263

I posted this a few days ago, and then the broker is the one who goes rogue. Oh well.

A. looked shady (to me at least) from the moment he tried to block that Burning TC suggestion, who knows if he really sold his account or not.

Just never trust someone who comes from nowhere and starts doing high-tier Paypal trades. It never ends well.

They're all in AU too - Darth / Stormtrooper / A. 

I have to wonder if there's more of a connection. A. practically brought them most of their inventory and then he's the one that goes rogue? Very weird.