Warning relatively new BIG PayPal and Unusual trader "A." going on PayPal chargeback / Scamming spree / Gambling the items!

Hipsta Jayzus

I don't get what people like him get out of that, it takes a lot of time and money to scam on such a big scale.

O7EEkYa.gif

Since he got the unusuals and stuff he scammed for free, it doesn't matter how much he sells them for. He could sell some of them from time to time to Scrap.tf through the use of an alt (as Debra always alerts to) and get quick keys to use / siphon onto OPSkins.com. At least $5,500 worth of Paypal funds has been charge backed, getting back his reserve of cash funds as to use again and again if wanted. Sure, it's not exactly that much compared to a year's worth of wage, however, as a scammer, he's bound to have more alts / access to accounts as to be prepared to continue this whenever he wants.

Someone was right in the end. :)

Edit: Too many people thought i was an idiot for doing what i did, and for keep telling people that A./lategum whichever name you want to use, was indeed a bad person and someone you shouldn't trust.

But no one did listen to me, now you received the consequences.

I'm currently reading the steamrep report of Hip J.

I mean, seriously, how does Venom manage not to be marked yet? Like, I understand the lack of actual proof, but it sickens me to see him taking pleasure in all of this, being in a way we don't exactly know a part of all the shenanigans, and getting away with it. 

• Like 6

Says the trade photoshopper.

Yep, i take in count that i have done my countless amount of stupid shit and i do feel somewhat bad about it.

Nevertheless, i warned many people about A. but you all saw me as a scammer rather than someone who knew what was actually going on, next time listen to what people say.

• Administrators

Yep, i take in count that i have done my countless amount of stupid shit and i do feel somewhat bad about it.

Nevertheless, i warned many people about A. but you all saw me as a scammer rather than someone who knew what was actually going on, next time listen to what people say.

This is a lesson for you, not them. Never heard of the boy who cried wolf? You want people to take your word seriously, don't lie repeatedly. 

• Like 2

Im really sorry for your lost, Im sure you will make it back eventually...Sad to know that I lost a bunch of items to A., I found it quite weird that he was betting so much.

Anyway, sorry :/ and thanks for warning us.

I was suspicious but I am backed into a corner right now and really needed the cash. I NEVER go first, I always trust my gut, but tonight I slipped up because I was so eager to relieve the stress of having this big of a backpack and needing the cash. Lesson learned, always trust my instincts. WHY can't there be threads about people being sketchy like this? I couldn't piece ANY of this together before when I was researching him. All I saw was someone who rose quickly and had been trusted by a LOT of members of the community that I trust. Him going first in huge key trades and all with months passing.

Appeal the chargebacks on paypal and encourage other people who were scammed to do the same. I bet you'll win the case. Unfortunately, it will take some time, but it will definitely be worth it with the amount of cash involved. 

Appeal the chargebacks on paypal and encourage other people who were scammed to do the same. I bet you'll win the case. Unfortunately, it will take some time, but it will definitely be worth it with the amount of cash involved. 

It wasn't a chargeback, he just ran with my items. I NEVER GO FIRST but I was desperate and made a dumb move. I'm in a tough spot at the moment and needed to reduce my stress / have something to live off for a little while and saw all of his good Trust from huge key sellers / admins / friends of mine who also claimed he went first on some of them... He also negotiated my items down all afternoon to realistic pure key prices, wouldn't budge 5 keys on one of them. All for show.

Never trust anyone with a VAC ban. The same personality traits that make people likely to cheat, also make them likely to steal.

VAC bans actually have extremely little correlation with scamming.
  • Like 3

2000 day old VAC bans are an indicator the account was sold though. Accounts with old VAC bans are often very cheap to buy.

2000 day old VAC bans are an indicator the account was sold though. Accounts with old VAC bans are often very cheap to buy.

Not really. A better indicator of purchased accounts is by looking at a timeline of activity from trading sites, since most purchased accounts are not involved in trading communities before they wind up for sale. Granted a VACed account is possibly prone to being sold, just as a recently VACed account is prone to being used as a throwaway by someone who feels they "have nothing to lose" but the correlation is between VAC and scamming is very low.

For example, if you look up the profile on steamrep.com, you can click "Historical Data" and pull up a menu of all cached snapshots of that profile. If every iteration of their high level profile with lots of games is from the past couple months, and there's no activity on any trading sites that isn't in the past couple months, it's probably sold, VAC or not. If there's a consistent pattern of usage over the past couple years, probably not sold.

Posted · Hidden by Teeny Tiny Cat, September 5, 2016 - No reason given
Hidden by Teeny Tiny Cat, September 5, 2016 - No reason given

Anyone know a good way to get this guy mass reported on Steam? How do those trade bans work?

Goodluck =) Im going to have a good time giving your hats away for free.

Posted · Hidden by Teeny Tiny Cat, September 5, 2016 - No reason given
Hidden by Teeny Tiny Cat, September 5, 2016 - No reason given

Goodluck =) Im going to have a good time giving your hats away for free.

You can start by "giving your hats away for free" to each of the respective victims you stole them from.

I'm currently reading the steamrep report of Hip J.

I mean, seriously, how does Venom manage not to be marked yet? Like, I understand the lack of actual proof, but it sickens me to see him taking pleasure in all of this, being in a way we don't exactly know a part of all the shenanigans, and getting away with it. 

i thought mentioning Banned users was bad 

I kind of had a feeling once I saw him doing thousands of dollars worth of business with Venom. All I have to say is watch out for Darth Chicken Gaming, because these two did a LOT of business (It was almost like A was finding him hats to buy a lot of the time).

I kind of had a feeling once I saw him doing thousands of dollars worth of business with Venom. All I have to say is watch out for Darth Chicken Gaming, because these two did a LOT of business (It was almost like A was finding him hats to buy a lot of the time).

There is no way this guy is legit anyway, without even considering who he was doing business with. You don't suddendly get a bp worth more than bobsplosion's, and go private two weeks later like that, without being shady.

You don't suddendly get a bp worth more than bobsplosion's, and go private two weeks later like that, without being shady.

Wrong. DCG is not A. and A. is not DCG. This is someone's reputation you're attacking. Present evidence or shut up.

• Like 2

Eh. I get the feeling that you're speaking from your experiences with the trading community, and scammer's accounts...whereas I'm speaking of people, personalities, and psychology.

What I was really saying was not anything about the account, but about the person. Cheating is basically harming others for your own enjoyment. Stealing, while more serious and definitely not precisely the same thing, is another flavor of harming others for your own enjoyment. If a person's already been identified as someone who will harm others for their own enjoyment, it's not really a stretch of logic to say they might be more likely than average to engage in more serious forms of it.

Whether or not you've seen a correlation between VAC bans and scamming is nice and all, but my point was not to trust people that have already engaged in behaviors that harm others...and I stand by that point, even if you've never seen a single scammer account with a VAC ban.

Correlation or not isn't the same thing as saying both might be a product of the same sort of personality.

:(

WZjeWl.png

4uUOQQ.png

Ticking time bomb here. ( ͡◉ ͜ʖ ͡◉)

So what you're saying is, a community admin's experience with cheaters compared with scammers, or the metrics behind correlation, doesn't matter, because it conflicts with your belief that "cheater = bad person = scammer"? I guess you're entitled to your opinion, and you're free to block anyone with a VAC ban who wants to trade or whatever, but as someone who pretty much does nothing except identify scammers every day, I would have no second thoughts about trading with someone because of a VAC ban. Even as paranoid as I am, I would never recommend anyone else avoid trading someone because of a VAC ban either.

Wrong. DCG is not A. and A. is not DCG. This is someone's reputation you're attacking. Present evidence or shut up.

Who made the claim that A. and DCG are the same person? Doesn't seem very plausible, but I second what HarryG and Mag!cGuy say. It's all a bit suspicious... you are right, we don't have any firm evidence, but there's nothing wrong with a little speculation. Nobody is "attacking" his reputation.

We know A. has done a lot of business with DCG in the past, and I find it unlikely that A. has suddenly only now gone bad. It's very possible he's pulled off more scams prior to this.

"present evidence or shut up"

Do you actually expect to make your point valid by talking like this? Cuz guess what, that's not gonna happen. There's something ultra fishy about DCG. Try and prevent me from saying that. You'll fail.

And no one here said A and DCG were the same person. Why are you implying that? Is there something we don't know? I'm getting more and more curious about this. Only the truth hurts, and you seem hella pissed off.