Warning relatively new BIG PayPal and Unusual trader "A." going on PayPal chargeback / Scamming spree / Gambling the items!

Hipsta Jayzus

EDIT: He's been marked on SteamRep but we can still stop his account!

Please help - GO to his profile: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198001869283

File a Steam scam reporthttp://files.steamrep.com/5/macros/report.gif

http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-76561198001869283-tf2-team-fortress-2-items.140613/

His trust looked good and he's traded many large traders lately, I think they should expect chargebacks soon. He's on a scamming spree I knew he looked sketchy and I should have trust my instincts. BE ON THE LOOK OUT for these items! They are fresh off a PayPal "go first" scam!

EDIT: It's looking pretty likely it's another Lategum alt he has been building for sometime. He probably has several more.

Reports: http://backpack.tf/t...561198001869283 and http://forums.steamr...2-items.140613/ and http://imgur.com/a/rfZnO

The accused: http://steamcommunit...561198001869283 (pls send trade scam reports if you can, it might get him a temp trade ban)

As you can see a LOT of people have trusted him with a lot of items recently. Thousands of keys to Nak Nak, lots of his unusuals being sold to "Darth Gaming" / "Fat Stormtrooper" who he recently joked about being "their pimp". I have no clue if they're connected but they are very suspicious people as well who are new to the community and have made a huge impact quickly. I have a feeling that by morning many people in the trading community are going to wake up with chargebacks...

He's RIGHT NOW taking the items he's scammed and gambling them on some new gambling sitehttp://tf2pot.com/ - which shouldn't even be up according to Valve's new rules. He just recently has modeled the account after another major scammer "LateGum" who also runs a youtube channel. Whether he's legitimately an alt of LateGum's or not is yet to be determined, this might just be a way of throwing people off.

• Picture proof with his Steam URL "76561198001869283" highlighted on bottom left.

• Here's some chat logs of him talking about it there (haven't gone through them all).

• And here's a MEGA alt with thousands of dollars in some of the best TF2 items to ever exist he just admitted to having for whatever reason.

This person came up in the community FAST and was able to go from no one to flipping entire inventories / God tier unusuals overnight. The sketchiest thing is how he was able to not only acquire these god tier unusuals but mostly how he was able to quickly sell them for keys consistently within a few days of acquiring them. This is no easy task and the prices he claims to sell items for are very good. Finding a pattern with who consistently buys unusuals from him for Paypal / keys might point us to who he's working with.

I'm not trying to start a witch-hunt here, however, I believe the community should be on the lookout for this trader AND to realize that even people with thousands of dollars being trusted to them in PayPal will still scam you eventually. Unless every-single-dot connects and makes sense in their story, do not trade them.

Never trust anyone with a VAC ban. The same personality traits that make people likely to cheat, also make them likely to steal.

Sorry, though :( that sucks all the dick

I never liked nor trusted the guy. His attitude on suggestions was cancerous and that was enough for me to find him untrustworthy. It sucks that you got scammed though :/

• Like 2

EVERYTHING about him rubbed me the wrong way except that he had several friends / big traders in his item histories / trust page. I NEVER go first and I don't know WHY I made an exception here.

I have a lot on my plate right now and this is going to make everything much more difficult for me. I will prevail and get positive and learn something from it. I won't get too angry but I know that the universe works in very interesting ways and that this negative experience will eventually come back around to the evil asshole who did this.

We've had our arguments in the past, but I truly feel sorry for you, and honestly don't understand why you'd trust him. No matter the VAC ban, everything he said, the way he acted, his philosophy on trading and honesty, everything, made him incredibly untrustworthy.

• Like 1

Posted · Hidden by Woifi The Viking, September 4, 2016 - No reason given
Hidden by Woifi The Viking, September 4, 2016 - No reason given

Reports: http://backpack.tf/trust/76561198001869283 and http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-76561198001869283-tf2-team-fortress-2-items.140613/ and http://imgur.com/a/rfZnO

The accused: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198001869283 (pls send trade scam reports if you can, it might get him a temp trade ban)

As you can see a LOT of people have trusted him with a lot of items recently. Thousands of keys to Nak Nak, lots of his unusuals being sold to "Darth Gaming" / "Fat Stormtrooper" who he recently joked about being "their pimp". I have no clue if they're connected but they are very suspicious people as well who are new to the community and have made a huge impact quickly. I have a feeling that by morning many people in the trading community are going to wake up with chargebacks...

He's RIGHT NOW taking the items he's scammed and gambling them on some new gambling sitehttp://tf2pot.com/ - which shouldn't even be up according to Valve's new rules. He just recently has modeled the account after another major scammer "LateGum" who also runs a youtube channel. Whether he's legitimately an alt of LateGum's or not is yet to be determined, this might just be a way of throwing people off.

• Picture proof with his Steam URL "76561198001869283" highlighted on bottom left.

• Here's some chat logs of him talking about it there (haven't gone through them all).

• And here's a MEGA alt with thousands of dollars in some of the best TF2 items to ever exist he just admitted to having for whatever reason.

This person came up in the community FAST and was able to go from no one to flipping entire inventories / God tier unusuals overnight. The sketchiest thing is how he was able to not only acquire these god tier unusuals but mostly how he was able to quickly sell them for keys consistently within a few days of acquiring them. This is no easy task and the prices he claims to sell items for are very good. Finding a pattern with who consistently buys unusuals from him for Paypal / keys might point us to who he's working with.

I'm not trying to start a witch-hunt here, however, I believe the community should be on the lookout for this trader AND to realize that even people with thousands of dollars being trusted to them in PayPal will still scam you eventually. Unless every-single-dot connects and makes sense in their story, do not trade them.

I never trusted A.

I am Admin of one of the unusual servers and I always found it suspicious how he came out of nowhere. He kept trading with the same big and well known sharkers and receiving pans for free. I realised he was an ALT account being used to pass stolen goods around... I tried telling some friends about it but they all said I was just paranoid.

Every time I've had suspicion on someone I've always been right. Wish my friends would start listening to me and stop thinking I'm paranoid lol.

Also another thing recently A. was on one the unusual servers and he recieved 7 golden pans for free and he traded 5 of them for a burning TC... a suggestion was put up for the TC where he claimed he ALSO paid paypal (this was a lie he just paid the 5 golden pans as he said this on the server)

I merged the two thread and moved them out of the trading forum that is only supposed to be for trades.

Also, never trust anyone with big cash trades, who has cashed out or lost all his stuff gambling, no matter how many trusts he has.

Also A liked to gamble on TF2.Pot even before, so I'm sure this is infact A and not lategum.

• Like 2

I feel sorry for you man. Never liked him aswell. Shady and a douche.

Besides: We've all heard from that guy that hunted down the guy that scammed him. Why don't you guys (the ones that got scammed) try the same? 

Also: Never trust people with Stock Tf2 pictures, something's wrong with them

I merged the two thread and moved them out of the trading forum that is only supposed to be for trades.

Also, never trust anyone with big cash trades, who has cashed out or lost all his stuff gambling, no matter how many trusts he has.

Also A liked to gamble on TF2.Pot even before, so I'm sure this is infact A and not lategum.

VenomWithin is all over the Steamrep thread saying he "knows Lategum" and that Lategum definitely bought the account and yadda yadda. He has the story ready to go instantly. This is Lategum I'm nearly certain of it, I think he's heavily involved in this community in multiple ways and probably has several other similar accounts ready to go rogue when he wants to.

I never trusted A.

I am Admin of one of the unusual servers and I always found it suspicious how he came out of nowhere. He kept trading with the same big and well known sharkers and receiving pans for free. I realised he was an ALT account being used to pass stolen goods around... I tried telling some friends about it but they all said I was just paranoid.

Every time I've had suspicion on someone I've always been right. Wish my friends would start listening to me and stop thinking I'm paranoid lol.

Also another thing recently A. was on one the unusual servers and he recieved 7 golden pans for free and he traded 5 of them for a burning TC... a suggestion was put up for the TC where he claimed he ALSO paid paypal (this was a lie he just paid the 5 golden pans as he said this on the server)

I was suspicious but I am backed into a corner right now and really needed the cash. I NEVER go first, I always trust my gut, but tonight I slipped up because I was so eager to relieve the stress of having this big of a backpack and needing the cash. Lesson learned, always trust my instincts. WHY can't there be threads about people being sketchy like this? I couldn't piece ANY of this together before when I was researching him. All I saw was someone who rose quickly and had been trusted by a LOT of members of the community that I trust. Him going first in huge key trades and all with months passing.

"fuck you lategum" is one of the -reps name.. okai

This is an interesting theory, though i doubt it, knowing A. i wouldn't be surprised if he sold his account. He cashed out, and if he needed more cash i could see him selling his account.

But I just think for now this is just A. changing his name to lategum to put the blame on him.

A. always was a dickhead

"fuck you lategum" is one of the -reps name.. okai

This is an interesting theory, though i doubt it, knowing A. i wouldn't be surprised if he sold his account. He cashed out, and if he needed more cash i could see him selling his account.

But I just think for now this is just A. changing his name to lategum to put the blame on him.

A. always was a dickhead

That just sad..

Was about to buy that Poisoned Shadows Das and this happen   :wacko:

Worst part is I had this guy on my friends list having traded with him a couple times. He looked clean back then. I confronted him about the scams and he also gave me the story of how he was not, in fact, A. and that A. had sold the account to him. Venom attempts to corroborate this story on your SteamRep report, but I wouldn't trust either of them as far as I can throw them. 

As Wolfilicious says, A. told me in the past that he gambled a lot and now you mention that "Lategum" is doing the same thing. I'm convinced it's the same person. Also, it would be incredibly irresponsible/stupid to sell an account with so much cash rep attached to it to some random guy. So even if A. and Lategum are two different people, both of them are still to blame.

Also, concerning Darth Chicken Gaming, what A. told me was that he used to help DCG acquire nice unusuals. He says he'd just go out and find whatever he thought would look good and then pass it on to DCG. I see DCG has gone private, I don't really like the looks of him.

Very sorry to you and the others this guy has hit.

• Like 1

The amount of people that got scammed is astonishing. And those you see on the trust page, are not necessarily everyone he swindled. I don't understand, why would anyone go first with such valuable hats when it is not with someone ULTRA trustworthy known by absolutely everyone?

What is as sad as these people losses, is the quantity of beautiful hats that can't be traded anymore.

Pearly Gates, as far as I know, Juniomega is trustworthy... ^^

My theory is, like others here, that they're the same person. 

Please no need to make more threads about this, one is enough, and that topic was even mentioned here. So I merge the 2 threads again.

Sorry about that and thanks for merge it to this thread.

I knew it! From the first time I heard about A. (3 months ago) I knew there was something fishy about him. I don't get what people like him get out of that, it takes a lot of time and money to scam on such a big scale. It is so strange, it is SO strange.