The key price thread

base64

181 members have voted

1. 1. Should Keys Go Up Or Down? Would They Help The Economy If They Are Higher?

• Up / Yes
    • Down / No

If that happens it's basically 3rdgens shoot up for a bit and then crashing down again, 4gens reaching insane prices for a few weeks then crashing down quickly becoming cancerous and the unusual market dying a little bit more.

Keys would probably shoot up again from the 4gen releases and then even higher when halloween comes around and again for christmas xD

pretty much that ^

• 2 weeks later...

During the influx of keys, the quantity of total keys increased by 23%. So far, the value of keys appears to have only dropped by 13%. As long as that 13% figure does not exceed the 23% one the economy is actually benefiting from this on the long term. As long as people don't begin to panic too much the key market will recover.

I may be a slowpoke, but how long ago did this happen? 

QWrENVQ.jpg

The key price in roubles has increased to 87 from 80 (2.4$ vs 2.21$ as of 08.14.2014), also every other item with old price more than 16 roubles now costs +1 more rouble per 16, i.e. ToD was 32, now its 34, etc. My noobie trader heard of Russians being the reason of key price drops and stuff like that, so is it worth to worry about?
Also, free weapon now comes with 700 rub, not with 600. But that's nothing.

• Administrators

I may be a slowpoke, but how long ago did this happen? 

QWrENVQ.jpg

The key price in roubles has increased to 87 from 80 (2.4$ vs 2.21$ as of 08.14.2014), also every other item with old price more than 16 roubles now costs +1 more rouble per 16, i.e. ToD was 32, now its 34, etc. My noobie trader heard of Russians being the reason of key price drops and stuff like that, so is it worth to worry about?

Also, free weapon now comes with 700 rub, not with 600. But that's nothing.

Valve didn't increase anything...They just did some conversion fix. Currency conversion fix that is.

Was thinking about flipping my buds..

But i think i'm gonna wait until keys are up past 8 ref again.

I don't think people realized that by lowering the value of keys, you're lowering the value of just about everything priced over a key when it comes down to the refined aspect.

For example, the All-Father has been priced at a key for a while.

Was: 8.66

Now: 7.33 and continuing to drop.

My buds when i purchased them: 149.77 refined metal (19 keys at 7.88 ref)

My buds value now: 139.33 refined metal (19 keys at 7.33 ref)

My buds if i flipped: 146.66 refined metal (20 keys at 7.33 ref)

So even if i did flip my buds, i would technically still lose money.

And honestly i feel like the keys are mainly dropping due to fear. People think the keys are going to continue to fall so they're selling for the lowest price, possibly lower so that they can cash out on their keys before they are worth less. 

It also seems the same thing is happening to TOD's. Once the bp.tf price was lowered to around 3.55, people began selling their tickets for lower and lower. (However, this makes more sense, because i've been buying tickets at 3.33 for the past 2 months or so)

Unfortunately for me, my lack of raw refined metal is causing my inventory to steadily decrease..

#savethekeys

Was thinking about flipping my buds..

But i think i'm gonna wait until keys are up past 8 ref again.

I don't think people realized that by lowering the value of keys, you're lowering the value of just about everything priced over a key when it comes down to the refined aspect.

For example, the All-Father has been priced at a key for a while.

Was: 8.66

Now: 7.33 and continuing to drop.

My buds when i purchased them: 149.77 refined metal (19 keys at 7.88 ref)

My buds value now: 139.33 refined metal (19 keys at 7.33 ref)

My buds if i flipped: 146.66 refined metal (20 keys at 7.33 ref)

So even if i did flip my buds, i would technically still lose money.

And honestly i feel like the keys are mainly dropping due to fear. People think the keys are going to continue to fall so they're selling for the lowest price, possibly lower so that they can cash out on their keys before they are worth less. 

It also seems the same thing is happening to TOD's. Once the bp.tf price was lowered to around 3.55, people began selling their tickets for lower and lower. (However, this makes more sense, because i've been buying tickets at 3.33 for the past 2 months or so)

Unfortunately for me, my lack of raw refined metal is causing my inventory to steadily decrease..

#savethekeys

Are you telling me you can't make enough profit to keep up with the falling price in keys? 

Why the hell are you trading then?

Are you telling me you can't make enough profit to keep up with the falling price in keys? 

Why the hell are you trading then?

Currently out of trading and in MvM.

I plan on going back into it after about another tour or two.

So earlier on today me and my friend we messing around in a trade server and he warned me to sell my keys because they're lowering it again i didnt believe it so i didnt do it then this guy named Oblivion say that hes selling a Key for 7 Ref

7 REF! Damn i know its only a rec cheaper but if it goes down to 7 ref then you can make alot of profit if you sold your keys

So is this a sign? or was this just a one time thing?

They're still declining. Once they went down once, people automatically assumed they would keep decreasing in price, so they sold for less.

7 ref is still a good deal tho, you can make an ez scrap m8

So earlier on today me and my friend we messing around in a trade server and he warned me to sell my keys because they're lowering it again i didnt believe it so i didnt do it then this guy named Oblivion say that hes selling a Key for 7 Ref

7 REF! Damn i know its only a rec cheaper but if it goes down to 7 ref then you can make alot of profit if you sold your keys

So is this a sign? or was this just a one time thing?

We have a key thread for a reason.

It's dropping because of the bread update, the update made metal useful and alot of metal was purged from the community (reason for the high cost in ref in the first place) and now it's dropping mainly because people think it's going to keep dropping and hence keep undercutting each other. 

It probably would go shooting up again with Halloween coming close

Step 1 to success on the bp.tf forums: Make a good first impression.

Step 2 to success on the bp.tf forums: Never bring up the subject of key prices unless in passing.

Step 2 to success on the bp.tf forums: Never bring up the subject of key prices unless in passing.

Step 3 to success on the bp.tf forums: Never be an fgt.

Step 4 to success on the bp.tf forums: ???

Step 5 to success on the bp.tf forums: Profit

Profit?!11?

Dammit Grimes. We had a good format going.