Please read.

Jackk

I'm sure most of you have heard that I scammed someone. I'm not going to call it anything else because I did scam him. However, I had no intent to scam anyone ever. I am returning everyon else's items and paying the guy back. Keep me banned if you wish because I deserve it, but I just want you to know that it was never my purpose. Please, mods, give people a chance to read this.

Thank you for reading and caring.

With regards, Jack.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure most of you have heard that I scammed someone. I'm not going to call it anything else because I did scam him. However, I had no intent to scam anyone ever. I am returning everyon else's items and paying the guy back. Keep me banned if you wish because I deserve it, but I just want you to know that it was never my purpose. Please, mods, give people a chance to read this.

With regards, Jack.

You sound l1ke a good guy. pray 4 unban m8.

With regards, Jack.

-- nvm ive recieved intel --

I don't think this is the place for you to appeal. You need to write to a mod + screenshots all evidence that you returned everything to the victim and you both worked things out. If you are sincerely regret about what you have done I don't think they'll hold it against you. Good luck :)

I don't think this is the place for you to appeal. You need to write to a mod + screenshots all evidence that you returned everything to the victim and you both worked things out. If you are sincerely regret about what you have done I don't think they'll hold it against you. Good luck :)

He's not appealing.

I'm not going to call it anything else because I did scam him. However, I had no intent to scam anyone ever.

So, based on this statement, you're telling us either:

You scammed him by accident, which seems far-fetched or

The second part of that statement is a lie.

And I'm curious to know which it is.

Unfortunately the system works in a way that if he pays back then the ban is removed and remains as a warning, therefore he can trade again. He knows this.

Edit: Polar confirmed this is not the case with bp.tf; steamrep though is a different story.

On a side note, a popular saying: nothing in life is free, and when it's free: you're the product.

edited because i dont play tf2 anymore so who cares hehe and i dont want OP to kill himself its tough enough being poverty, fuk, sorry bro

For everyone acting like theyre confused in order to make Jack seem like a dumbass that used a double negative:

Bye saying he had no intent to scam anyone he meant that a few days ago before this whole brokering thing (which ill admit is fucked up), he would not have thought about, or wasnt trying to scam anyone. It was in the heat of the moment that that irl cash was more important than these peoples items.

He says he realizes his punishment, and that it is just, but he plans on paying people back. Honestly, I believe him. So would you guys quit acting like you are confused saying "wait ....a sd..a ... how do u acidently skam some1!! !?? ? lol retadr"

BTW, someone in the (jacks brokering) previous thread where the guy told about how jack scammed him, he said that the hat's history shows that it was deposited to sweetstakes.tf. everyone who read that probably thought jack gambled his hat away, but i dont think thats what happened. I think he used sweetstakes taxing system and taxed his own hat in order to get 70%(? not sure if its 70 or 60) value back in pure keys.  So jacks side of the story where he claims he was in a desperate situation where he needed irl cash seems legit to me.

he was in a desperate situation where he needed irl cash seems legit to me.

This is not and never should be an excuse for stealing.

I'm sorry for him if he's in a bad situation, but that does not make it right to take someone's valuables from them.

If you pulled that IRL you'd probably face a trial in court and as such I feel like he deserves a mark/ban.

This is not and never should be an excuse for stealing.

I'm sorry for him if he's in a bad situation, but that does not make it right to take someone's valuables from them.

If you pulled that IRL you'd probably face a trial in court and as such I feel like he deserves a mark/ban.

I never said it was an excuse for stealing.

I never said that being in a bad situation means its ok to take someone else valuables (thats communism.. :P)

He does deserve the ban, which he clearly states he realizes.

The point of my post was to defend Jack so you guys dont completely fucking demoralize him like you did to someone else *cough cough* \/en

If Jack gets the money and pays these guys back (with extra jack, lets be real they deserve it), appeals, gets accepted, and rejoins this community, i dont want him to constantly be shunned for this. It was a bad situation, and he did the wrong thing, but I think and hope if he pays back, he'll still be able to be a part of this without everyone hating him.

I never said it was an excuse for stealing.

I never said that being in a bad situation means its ok to take someone else valuables (thats communism.. :P)

He does deserve the ban, which he clearly states he realizes.

The point of my post was to defend Jack so you guys dont completely fucking demoralize him like you did to someone else *cough cough* \/en

If Jack gets the money and pays these guys back (with extra jack, lets be real they deserve it), appeals, gets accepted, and rejoins this community, i dont want him to constantly be shunned for this. It was a bad situation, and he did the wrong thing, but I think and hope if he pays back, he'll still be able to be a part of this without everyone hating him.

Let's see if he pays back first then. 

You're already defending him when he clearly didn't (correct me if I'm wrong). After this affair we all know that this fella can't always be trusted.

So the scammer is a victim now? You are making all kinds of excuses for what hes done and even telling people what to do IF he pays back.

• Administrators

To me, the part of this that puts the largest dent in Jacks credibility here is the fact that he deleted his client. 

If I were to have an item brokered by someone and they told me a sob story about not being able to repay anymore due to personal issues, then I as a client would like to know more about the situation. Ive borrowed items before and took my time to pay them back, but that was all with concent of the other party. Especially since Jack had multiple clients at once (judging by the stated fact that all of the items in his inventory are not his), I think he could have made a less rash, impulsive decision here. I would have discussed the matter with more clients; perhaps one of them was willing to wait for a longer time.

Deleting your client after pulling a stunt like this is probably the worst you can do. Once again, if I were to be in the client's shoes, Id probably be willing to believe what he told, and willing to work something out (gullible as I am, admitted). But after being deleted, I'd have no hopes of ever being repaid anymore. In this case, if Jack truly intends to return the scammed goods in the future, I would see no reason whatsoever for him to delete his client.

This may sound like a harsh remark, but as a trader proficient enough to broker goods of this value, the ~60 keys needed to pay for the hat should be a matter of minimal effort. Im fairly sure he at least has some items of his own, with which he could work to gather keys to repay his client.

Long story short: There's much more to this story than just the fact that he ran with brokering goods that puts me off. Its mainly the way he handled it that tells me that even if he repays him and appeals, he should never be trusted to broker anything again.

People make mistakes. What you did was wrong and foolish, but I don't think that makes you an inherently bad person. Keep your head up and don't take all the shit people say on here to heart.  Also, if you own up to what you did people might give you more respect. 

Archived