Please read.

Jackk

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The point of my post was to defend Jack so you guys dont completely fucking demoralize him like you did to someone else *cough cough* \/en

Yeah you shouldn't worry about that, it most likely won't happen since jack won't have his name censored (in which ironically it would've given him more attention if it was censored, just like it did to the other voldemort guy).

Another that he actually stole the item instead of sharking it, and regardless if both as an offense you consider them the same magnitude or not, there are people with a more varied amount of opinions on the offense of sharking, and it caused a bigger controversy especially since he did return the item, and he wasn't especially quiet about it. So i think people got more mad because it was talked to death instead of the actual offense.

Whatever jack says, the deed is already done. People will use their own intuition if they want to trust him or not, the sites will just apply their rules and mark him as a scammer and/or prevent him to trade on the respective site.

So thanks Jack, at least you further fortified my paranoia of trusting people, especially the ones that gamble.

http://imgur.com/a/PIUIV - Blame Sweetstakes

But on a serious note, don't be too hard on yourself. It was just a silly mistake. However, I'd advise never to gamble when you're brokering and never broker when you're gambling. There's a time for brokering and there's a time for having fun, through the means of gambling.

Welp, there goes flaimbots whole defense. Can we stop feeling sorry for this douche now or are we gonna use the addiction Card?

Welp, there goes flaimbots whole defense. Can we stop feeling sorry for this douche now or are we gonna use the addiction Card?

Might I ask, have you lost over 300 keys from gambling, not including other people's items? Have you had a 2,000 key inventory TWICE from gambling and LOST ALL OF IT AND MORE both times? Until you have, I don't believe you have the right to say "the addiction card".

- It's so much easier to hate.

*cough* Sorry, I've been addicted with that song. *cough*

Ok now.

Seriously though, I honestly don't think Jack is a bad guy, he slipped up, and saying you can't "Accidently scam" someone is a bit rich considering you actually can, you can for example, do a culling on your friends list and accidentl remove the person you're brokering for, that'd be considered to them as scamming, but just a simple mistake. But that's besides the point.
Jack just has a gambling problem, and he did something on the heat of the moment, but when he came to explain to his customer what had happened in a wrong way, he should of just said what had happened, like he said though, he IS willing to pay it back, but that still doesn't excuse what he did, but the reason for him removing the other guy I think is because he panicked when he said that and was just "in over his head" as they say, I hope this issue can be resolved because it seems it is just a huge problem that's gotten out of control, he did something bad, yes, does he plan to fix that mistake, yes.

I personally say that he doesn't deserve to be banned, but marked yes, even though it looks like I'm trying to fully defend him, at the end of the day, he did gamble a brokered item, and that's not exactly professional or forgiveable, but if he's willing to pay it back, and he actually does and we are shown proof of him doing so, then I don't think he's a problem, there's much worse people out there.

Actual Scammers like people trying that stupid "Item is glitched" or "trusted friends" bullshit, and phishers, we shouldn't focus on Jack scamming, call it what it is, a mistake, and fix that mistake.
Mark him and move on, banning him out right due to an addiction. If he can even get help for the addiction that's even better, besides, if he didn't always give people mass amounts of profit due to him doing his brokering for free, I doubt there wouldn't be such a large up-roar because people probably thought they saw this coming and wanted to chime in because they "knew it from the start"

Heck, if he did really cheap prices, that could of also of helped him from NOT taking other peoples items for gambling because he would know that no matter what happens, if he keeps with just brokering legit and got the items that person wants, there'll be another person to come along with the fee which will help towards his gambling.

But yeah, I don't see him as a threat, he's a good guy who slipped up.

TL;DR Version

Jack had an addiction to gambling, he slipped up, gambled something off he should of and he's feeling guilty for it, he got himself banned from sweepstakes for good, and he's willing to pay the guy back.
I personally think him being marked is needed, but the ban isn't.

EDIT: By "Marked" I mean via the backpack.tf trust page, not marked for a scammer, which would get him automatically banned anyway.

Thanks for reading.

What system works that way?

Polar is right. The fact that jackkk scammed someone once, even if it's for familial reasons, leaves the option that (if he's telling the truth) his mother may need money again and he would have to scam again. He most likely won't ever trade normally again, because i would have a hard time trusting someone whose familial situation might get in the way of his trustworthiness. That said, jack, I think you should still pay him back, and I would have all the respect in the world for you if you got him back that money. 

I think no one should scam for any reason, it really doesn't matter what your situation IRL is, it's still completely wrong to take what is not yours. IRL there are support programs for people in need, and if you are having a difficult situation you should think about contacting someone about it.

TL;DR Version

Jack had an addiction to gambling, he slipped up, gambled something off he should of and he's feeling guilty for it, he got himself banned from sweepstakes for good, and he's willing to pay the guy back.

I personally think him being marked is needed, but the ban isn't.

I'm sorry but no, there's no excuse.

I'll put a two examples, both equally valid (even if viewed as more extreme examples),

1. Pedophiles...just because their brain is wired that way it means they shouldn't go to jail for having cp or molesting kids? ABSOLUTELY NOT

2. Alcoholics...if a drunk driver kills a person, can he go home, and simply pay a fine or get his license revoked? But but he has an addiction!....ABSOLUTELY NOT

One example deals with a mental problem not caused by will, and even then is not justified, now second example (like gambling) is started by will and even then is not justified.

Just forget about this guy and move on, he's dead in the trading community forever, no one will forget and he should find another hobby. Life moves on.

TL;DR: he's not coming back.

Might I ask, have you lost over 300 keys from gambling, not including other people's items? Have you had a 2,000 key inventory TWICE from gambling and LOST ALL OF IT AND MORE both times? Until you have, I don't believe you have the right to say "the addiction card".

You could have asked to be banned from gambling sites. You could have stopped brokering. You could have kept the kid on your friends list until you could pay him back. You could have not lied to him using that stupid story of financial problems. Your problem isnt gambling, you have lack of character.

Polar is right. The fact that jackkk scammed someone once, even if it's for familial reasons, leaves the option that (if he's telling the truth) his mother may need money again and he would have to scam again. He most likely won't ever trade normally again, because i would have a hard time trusting someone whose familial situation might get in the way of his trustworthiness. That said, jack, I think you should still pay him back, and I would have all the respect in the world for you if you got him back that money. 

I think no one should scam for any reason, it really doesn't matter what your situation IRL is, it's still completely wrong to take what is not yours. IRL there are support programs for people in need, and if you are having a difficult situation you should think about contacting someone about it.

Most of the first paragraph is false. The message I sent him was a lie and I gambled/lost it on Sweetstakes, hence why the "addiction card" is being brought up so much. But I am definitely going to pay him back. I've also returned everything else that I was brokering - http://imgur.com/a/qYhxW.

1. Pedophiles...just because their brain is wired that way it means they shouldn't go to jail for having cp or molesting kids? ABSOLUTELY NOT

2. Alcoholics...if a drunk driver kills a person, can he go home, and simply pay a fine or get his license revoked? But but he has an addiction!....ABSOLUTELY NOT

Now hang on a moment, that's pretty extreme examples there.

If you're a Paedophile, and done things to children which would scar their lives forever, you should be sent to Jail yes, but being sent to jail isn't sentenced to death. (And if we're going to be looking at things from an extreme point of view, a perm ban is like death, but a temp ban, or being marked, is like jail.) I'm certainly not saying not to do anything at all.

And if you're an alcoholic and a drunk driver kills a person, I'd say for them to send them to rehab, not jail.

You could have asked to be banned from gambling sites. You could have stopped brokering. You could have kept the kid on your friends list until you could pay him back. You could have not lied to him using that stupid story of financial problems. 

I was once self-banned on Sweetstakes, however they allowed me to revoke it at my command, and, due to being addicted, I did. I also fail to see how "You could have stopped brokering" is a valid point. However, your final two points are true and I'm not going to deny that.

You could have asked to be banned from gambling sites. You could have stopped brokering. You could have kept the kid on your friends list until you could pay him back. You could have not lied to him using that stupid story of financial problems. Your problem isnt gambling, you have lack of character.

Actually, he did ask to be banned from gambling sites, he asked to be banned from sweepstakes before, and he's asked again today but today he wanted it to be perm.

I agree he could have stopped brokering, and I agree he could have kept the guy on his list, and he's currently re-added him to talk with him about it, but he's offline at the moment.

I kind of see what you mean by the problem isn't gambling, it's lack of character, if anything, he's just got problems in general, and instead of ignoring that fact and pointing the finger saying he's a monster, it's better to actually help the person who needs to get himself better, sure, a break from trading might do him good too, but he still would benefit more from help rather than keeping them a bit... well, fucked up? Not sure how to go about explaining it.

However you justify this, you're gonna need to come to terms with the fact that your brokering career is dead.

I think he already knows this, he did say, and I quote:

I'm not going to call it anything else because I did scam him. I am returning everyon else's items and paying the guy back. Keep me banned if you wish because I deserve it, but I just want you to know that it was never my purpose. Please, mods, give people a chance to read this.

I'm very aware that my brokering career is dead, and that my career in general is dead. All I'm doing now is making sure I'm not known as a scammer, or a cold-hearted person; I'm not. 

I think he already knows this, he did say, and I quote:

That barely addresses my point.

All these people leaping to his defence, seem to miss the point that it's a pointless endeavour. You can make arguments for his character all you want, but I know I'll never trust him again and neither will anybody even half-sensible with their items.

All I'm doing now is making sure I'm not known as a scammer, or a cold-hearted person; I'm not. 

Yes Sir, you most definitely are. 

B)

Posted · Hidden by λngelღмander, April 27, 2016 - No reason given
Hidden by λngelღмander, April 27, 2016 - No reason given

No Your Honor, I didn't rape her, my dick just accidentally fell into her. 

But but I'm addicted to sex.

But but I'm addicted to sex.

You are aware that's pretty childish right?

Besides, if someone was addicted to Sex...

They'd turn to toys or.... well.... I hate to paint a disgusting picture but... corpses.

While Jack is clearly in the wrong here just as much blame should be put on the websites that allow him to develop his addiction. From what I've read he seems to be <18, meaning he should not be gambling in the first place.

Sweetstakes and backpack lotto don't require any proof you are old enough to gamble, nor do they even put any sort of emphasis on the age requirement. These websites are worse than scammers, they are harming children for their own profit by allowing them to gamble. I wouldn't be surprised if at least 2/3 of users who have gambled with in-game items are underage.

You are aware that's pretty childish right?

Besides, if someone was addicted to Sex...

They'd turn to toys or.... well.... I hate to paint a disgusting picture but... corpses.

M7GgFg3.jpg

While Jack is clearly in the wrong here just as much blame should be put on the websites that allow him to develop his addiction. From what I've read he seems to be <18, meaning he should not be gambling in the first place.

Sweetstakes and backpack lotto don't require any proof you are old enough to gamble, nor do they even put any sort of emphasis on the age requirement. These websites are worse than scammers, they are harming children for their own profit by allowing them to gamble. I wouldn't be surprised if at least 2/3 of users who have gambled with in-game items are underage.

I personally could not agree more

Archived