Swag inc

F  CHARLIE

Ok two things:

1. I got my account back, woohooo !!!!

2. whopz, you got 3 unusuals + some stranges (of my inventory) amounting to at least 30 buds in total, how much did you pay exactly? 10 buds?

So that would make a $2100 macbook pro for $700 using the same ratio.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Totally not sketchy.

//Buying Quicksell MacBook Pros for $700. Must be brand new, in box, and not gifted. 

Totally not sketchy.

//Buying Quicksell MacBook Pros for $700. Must be brand new, in box, and not gifted. 

i'll take the gifted ones!!

Anyway valve finally returned my account as well. It just felt like they had stolen my hobby this whole time.

Maybe I'm just naive. I started an unusual quickbuy thread on TF2OP a while back, and thought I had actually gotten lucky. The scammer was asking more pure than I had, and I repeatedly told him I wasn't interested. He kept lowering the price saying he was really desperate for pure, but I kept refusing as I was unwilling to pay. We must have negotiated for about an hour, and in his desperation he offered the price he did. I checked him out on steamrep.com and bp.tf before all this, and nothing looked bad anywhere. Just because people sell stuff for less does not immediately mean it's stolen, it could just mean they are genuinely desperate for money.

They could do better by offering the hats on what they wanted then loosing so much of it to quickbuyer.  No one needs pure that fast.  The logic is obvious.

I've only really got into trading the last 4 months, and unusual trading a bit less than that. I thought an hour long negotiation was huge for something like this. I genuinely wasn't aware there was a price "too low" to pay. It's so rare that people offer any sort of pure that I just assumed people were willing to go that low. Obviously I'm not happy about this happening. If I knew, I never would have bought in the first place. Hopefully someone will get back to me soon and advise me on how to proceed.

This is a lesson for you.  Some hats will never come to you in a quickbuy offer because they are fairly easy to get value back out of it and are good to offer for other hats.  You will trade in small hats until you can figure out some other things.

Ok two things:

1. I got my account back, woohooo !!!!

2. whopz, you got 3 unusuals + some stranges (of my inventory) amounting to at least 30 buds in total, how much did you pay exactly? 10 buds?

are you gonna get unbanned on OP?

I think it was 13 total. He kept asking for 3 buds for the purple energy pickel, but I just didn't want it so he added sweets. I really don't know what I'm going to do now, and I just bought 3 month premium on outpost which sucks pretty hard. Can anybody tell me what I'm supposed to do with the hats I bought? I really have no idea how to proceed with anything

I think it was 13 total. He kept asking for 3 buds for the purple energy pickel, but I just didn't want it so he added sweets. I really don't know what I'm going to do now, and I just bought 3 month premium on outpost which sucks pretty hard. Can anybody tell me what I'm supposed to do with the hats I bought? I really have no idea how to proceed with anything

Work something out with swag, and be more careful in the future.

Totally not sketchy.

we ose midlemen? hes no rep but god guy

itwasajoke

Well just wear the hats, that's what they're for.

I didn't even want to wear them until this was cleared up. I still feel really dirty having them in my account, but I guess I don't have to trade them. Would it be okay if I added you on steam? I'm seriously disgusted over the TF2OP ban; it's where I did 99% of my trading. I'm not too bothered over bazaar.tf as I never used the site, but the fact that my 2+ years of TF2 is muddied because of this event is just so unfair. It's the only game I play, and I have over 1,500 hours!

I didn't even want to wear them until this was cleared up. I still feel really dirty having them in my account, but I guess I don't have to trade them. Would it be okay if I added you on steam? I'm seriously disgusted over the TF2OP ban; it's where I did 99% of my trading. I'm not too bothered over bazaar.tf as I never used the site, but the fact that my 2+ years of TF2 is muddied because of this event is just so unfair. It's the only game I play, and I have over 1,500 hours!

Well I told you that

1. having your backpack value jump from $80 to $3300 in 3 months
  2. having bought 30 buds worth of stolen stuff for 10-13 buds

could make you look suspicious. May be you were too greedy or careless but that's something you have to own.

I've traded 24/7 for the last 4 months, and I'm not going to apologise for profiting (which was my intent). Maybe I was too greedy and careless, and it might look suspicious, but to get shot down like I have for a genuine mistake is just so crushing. I negotiated with this guy probably longer than I ever had before, and thought I had secured an amazing offer because of that. I know now that what happened is wrong, but hindsight is 20/20.

Is there absolutely no way to get my TF2OP ban lifted?

I've traded 24/7 for the last 4 months, and I'm not going to apologise for profiting (which was my intent). Maybe I was too greedy and careless, and it might look suspicious, but to get shot down like I have for a genuine mistake is just so crushing. I negotiated with this guy probably longer than I ever had before, and thought I had secured an amazing offer because of that. I know now that what happened is wrong, but hindsight is 20/20.

Is there absolutely no way to get my TF2OP ban lifted?

If you can work something out with swag then maybe he'd be willing/able to help try and get your ban lifted. 

e.g. 

>offer swag the items for what you paid since he's going to have a harder time selling the ones he has since they're now duped. 

>Work out a deal where you donate the profit you would've made (so like 17 bud) to bptf/outpost/tradetf/bazaar/sop/sr/some charity/etc...

>Make a 'relief fund' with swags help which would give some capital to those who get scammed and help them get started up again. 

just some random ideas, no idea if they'd work or if swag can do it, but it does seem like you honestly didn't know. 

I like the initiative, but I'm not here to pay for other people's mistakes. I'll pay for mine, but to say I stood to make 17 pure buds from this trade is absurd, especially since everything is duped now. As it stands, I'd be very lucky to get 10, and that's if I'm willing to wait months upon months (which I'm not). I'm more than happy to donate a small amount to this website, but asking me to donate over $500 in pure currency seems extreme to me. Since the original owner got his hats back, I'm not really sure what I can offer. I'm more than happy to come to some arrangement though.

I like the initiative, but I'm not here to pay for other people's mistakes. I'll pay for mine, but to say I stood to make 17 pure buds from this trade is absurd, especially since everything is duped now. As it stands, I'd be very lucky to get 10, and that's if I'm willing to wait months upon months (which I'm not). I'm more than happy to donate a small amount to this website, but asking me to donate over $500 in pure currency seems extreme to me. Since the original owner got his hats back, I'm not really sure what I can offer. I'm more than happy to come to some arrangement though.

you should try reading. I said you should keep the 13 that you paid, and then with the rest do something. 

Hmm. I'll add Swag during the week to try and work something out. I'm swamped with college work for the moment but I'll get around to it as soon as possible. Thanks for helping me out!

whopz, for someone naive and acting in good faith trying to restore your reputation, I must say you're acting really shady.

I've found 2 people who got in touch with irishpanda (http://steamcommunity.com/id/Highsound1), someone selling the hats on your behalf without telling buyers they're now duped.

Can you enlighten me about what's going on here?

I can try, yes. That's my broker who does the majority of my unusual selling for me. I can't say for certain about the pickel, but the buyer who bought the bicorne did his research for maybe an hour and came back to my broker with a pure offer (a very low one at that), and I accepted. It's to my understanding that the buyer was fully aware the hat was duped, and that fact was reflected in the price he paid for it.

I'm being as forthcoming as I can with any issue you have on the matter. I'll be honest, I feel vindicated a lot of the time. I'm getting crap because my backpack value climbed the way it did, but when I checked yours (October 2012 - December 2012) it's almost identical. You were dealt a shit hand, I was dealt a shit hand, and now I'm forever going to pay for it because of you gave away your login information to a phisher? That's not fair mate.

You were dealt a shit hand, I was dealt a shit hand, and now I'm forever going to pay for it because of you gave away your login information to a phisher? That's not fair mate.

HOW DARE YOU GET RAPED, NOW I'M SCARRED FOR LIFE.....WTF WERE YOU THINKING LETTING SOME GUY RAPE YOU....I'M GOING TO HAVE TO GO TO THERAPY BECAUSE OF YOU.....

This is the problem with society as a whole, people need to learn to take PERSONAL responsibility and stop blaming all your problems on other people. I'm sure it was quite obvious these items were stolen. More then likely they came from a sketchy looking account, not to mention fences for hijacked unusuals are quite obvious as they quick sell the hat immediately after getting it. If the seller was legit then why would he buy a hat then immediately quick sell it? (Answer: He wouldn't)

So it's swag's fault that you are banned from outpost?

Haha.

Since he is the one who reported me, I'm going to go ahead and say that he had some part in the process. I immediately closed all trades to try and sort something out, but I've been banned regardless, without appeal.

As for taking responsibility, how am I realistically meant to do that? I ended up getting stuck with duped hats that I only bought because the price was low. I've explained myself as best I can already. I tried to explain that it wasn't obvious (at least to me) that the hats were stolen. I did my checks, I debated with the seller ad nauseum, and here I am in this situation.

My broker just contacted me saying that Swag has reported them on steamrep for selling duped hats, even though the buyers were aware of the duping (my broker informed me that they have chat logs confirming for the bicorne). I'm not blaming anybody else for anything, I'm just making statements saying that how I'm been painted is really unfair. I've asked my broker to contact the buyer of the pickel to see what his take is on the situation. If he feels hard done by, and genuinely didn't know it was a duped hat, I'm more than happy to refund him.

I'm getting crap because my backpack value climbed the way it did, but when I checked yours (October 2012 - December 2012) it's almost identical. You were dealt a shit hand, I was dealt a shit hand, and now I'm forever going to pay for it because of you gave away your login information to a phisher? That's not fair mate.

No, you're getting called out for buying items at 1/3 of the value and pretending you were naive. Someone else called out on doing very well in profit for being "naive". And now I'm calling you out on using a intermediary for selling your items discreetly and not informing some users that the items are duped.

I see you're trying to change topic by pointing the finger at me, reversing the roles. At this point, your actions speak louder than words and I've seen enough to form an opinion. I won't help you get unbanned since I'm now convinced you acted insincerely and deserve every bit of ban you got.

Good luck for future, and hopefully this lesson will be useful to you.

-snip-

Theres nothing wrong with selling a hat without saying its duped. Honestly, i don't even check if hats are duped nor do i inform the buyer, unless they ask. If they ask i'll look into it and see if it is or not, but theres nothing wrong with not telling the buyer an item is duped. 

//just making a general statement as i don't know the details here

Archived