Swag inc

F  CHARLIE

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes all the stuff of value was stolen within 10 minutes of the hijack. Somehow I'm still logged in here. No news from Steam about the ticket I filed yesterday.

Some guy bought 25 buds worth of my items for 10 buds... There's something to be said about those people who buy stolen items for ridiculous amounts and then say in their defense "well the seller wasn't marked as a scammer so I didn't do anything wrong...", well his backpack went from $80 to $3300 in 3 month, so I guess it's working out well for him.

http://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198044331778

Well anyway, there's not much I can do about it now.

Yes all the stuff of value was stolen within 10 minutes of the hijack. Somehow I'm still logged in here. No news from Steam about the ticket I filed yesterday.

Some guy bought 25 buds worth of my items for 10 buds... There's something to be said about those people who buy stolen items for ridiculous amounts and then say in their defense "well the seller wasn't marked as a scammer so I didn't do anything wrong...", well his backpack went from $80 to $3300 in 3 month, so I guess it's working out well for him.

keep strong swag. best of wishes with you

Does that user use trade.tf, if he does he would have got the notice. Get him marked.

Good luck, hope everything works out

Both are gone from outpost. Feel free to let us know about future trade®s and send us more evidence.

Hey thanks for taking action, I've found a 3rd guy but he paid a fair price for the items and I think the guy genuinely thought the items were clean.

How's it going with the support ticket? They replied yet?

Nope no reply, I really hope I can recover at least my account since I have many games on it.

Nope no reply, I really hope I can recover at least my account since I have many games on it.

They'll definitely return the account, and also the items if this is the first time.

Any idea how you got hacked? 

They'll definitely return the account, and also the items if this is the first time.

Any idea how you got hacked?

Pretty sure he said he had been phished by his friend phished moments before.

Hey, I'm one of the guys who bought some of the hats. How long does it usually take for steamrep to deal with these? I sent a ticket to steam support earlier wondering how I can help out some more. I'm getting banned from trading sites that I love, all for buying hats from a guy I didn't know was a scammer. I'm sure it really sucks for Swag Inc, but it really sucks for me too.

Hey, I'm one of the guys who bought some of the hats. How long does it usually take for steamrep to deal with these? I sent a ticket to steam support earlier wondering how I can help out some more. I'm getting banned from trading sites that I love, all for buying hats from a guy I didn't know was a scammer. I'm sure it really sucks for Swag Inc, but it really sucks for me too.

SR will be done when HL3 comes out. 

That should teach you something, when a deal is too good to be true, it usually is. If someone offered you a brand new, top of the line, laptop for $100 and you bought it, you could get arrested for buying hot items, and this is no different. 

Maybe I'm just naive. I started an unusual quickbuy thread on TF2OP a while back, and thought I had actually gotten lucky. The scammer was asking more pure than I had, and I repeatedly told him I wasn't interested. He kept lowering the price saying he was really desperate for pure, but I kept refusing as I was unwilling to pay. We must have negotiated for about an hour, and in his desperation he offered the price he did. I checked him out on steamrep.com and bp.tf before all this, and nothing looked bad anywhere. Just because people sell stuff for less does not immediately mean it's stolen, it could just mean they are genuinely desperate for money.

Maybe I'm just naive. I started an unusual quickbuy thread on TF2OP a while back, and thought I had actually gotten lucky. The scammer was asking more pure than I had, and I repeatedly told him I wasn't interested. He kept lowering the price saying he was really desperate for pure, but I kept refusing as I was unwilling to pay. We must have negotiated for about an hour, and in his desperation he offered the price he did. I checked him out on steamrep.com and bp.tf before all this, and nothing looked bad anywhere. Just because people sell stuff for less does not immediately mean it's stolen, it could just mean they are genuinely desperate for money.

Yes, you aren just naive. If someones desperate for money then the price they're going to ask for his the price they NEED to get. When you find someone who lowers their price so easily and quickly, clearly somethings up. 

Then theres the fact that the seller more than likely had a very sketchy account. 

I've only really got into trading the last 4 months, and unusual trading a bit less than that. I thought an hour long negotiation was huge for something like this. I genuinely wasn't aware there was a price "too low" to pay. It's so rare that people offer any sort of pure that I just assumed people were willing to go that low. Obviously I'm not happy about this happening. If I knew, I never would have bought in the first place. Hopefully someone will get back to me soon and advise me on how to proceed.

I've only really got into trading the last 4 months, and unusual trading a bit less than that. I thought an hour long negotiation was huge for something like this. I genuinely wasn't aware there was a price "too low" to pay. It's so rare that people offer any sort of pure that I just assumed people were willing to go that low. Obviously I'm not happy about this happening. If I knew, I never would have bought in the first place. Hopefully someone will get back to me soon and advise me on how to proceed.

Yes, but theres a HUGE difference between someone who starts at a low price and someone who continually drops the price.

This issue is known in the housing market, and why setting the right price is critical. If you ask for too much it won't sell and you'll need to drop the price, which will stop any potential buyers as they believe you'll keep going lower as your desperate to get rid of it. Which makes then think about why you're so desperate.

Also, really? You didn't know there was a price "too low". So if i offered you a brand new, in box, Macbook Pro (MSRP $2000 USD) for $200 you wouldn't be suspicious at all? Common sense really needs to come into play. 

@Whopz 

When it comes to cheap unusuals for cheap i can understand, why you didnt bother to check the history. Low tier hat a average quicksell price, no red flags.

But if along with plenty of unusuals , theres god/high tier unusuals for really cheap thats when you look into it. Its a red flag. And a scammer/hijacker alt is painfully obvious. You should have rejected calling him out as an alt, and reporting him.

I dont think you will get marked on steamrep, but you'll for sure get a warning. 

Yes, but theres a HUGE difference between someone who starts at a low price and someone who continually drops the price.

This issue is known in the housing market, and why setting the right price is critical. If you ask for too much it won't sell and you'll need to drop the price, which will stop any potential buyers as they believe you'll keep going lower as your desperate to get rid of it. Which makes then think about why you're so desperate.

Also, really? You didn't know there was a price "too low". So if i offered you a brand new, in box, Macbook Pro (MSRP $2000 USD) for $200 you wouldn't be suspicious at all? Common sense really needs to come into play. 

I get what you're saying, but I didn't buy a 20 bud unusual for 2 buds, I got it for 10. If at first you offered me a Macbook pro for $1,600, I would immediately decline. Even though it's discounted, I don't have the money and don't need a new laptop. Then maybe you'd offer it for $1,200. Still a great deal, but again, I'd probably decline. This is exactly what happened in the trade. My quickbuy thread on TF2OP is probably still there. It says if someone wants to sell a hat for 50% of the price, I will consider it. There's nothing written in any rules that says I can't be a serious lowballer.

I understand what you are all saying though. I'm done with buying unusuals for a very long time.

Archived