Swag inc

F  CHARLIE

It was never a secret that I used a broker. This has been the case since I met them. Since my OP ban I have very little option as I have no time to trade in servers any more. I've done everything in my power to prove my case, and I've been courteous to everyone along the way. I didn't mean to point fingers, but you have to understand where I'm coming from. It's not a secret that I bought the hats for cheap, after all, this is the only reason I'm posting here. What else could I possibly do?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was never a secret that I used a broker. This has been the case since I met them. Since my OP ban I have very little option as I have no time to trade in servers any more. I've done everything in my power to prove my case, and I've been courteous to everyone along the way. I didn't mean to point fingers, but you have to understand where I'm coming from. It's not a secret that I bought the hats for cheap, after all, this is the only reason I'm posting here. What else could I possibly do?

Tell your friend to stop brokering your unusuals before you get him banned as well (assuming he isn't already).

Theres nothing wrong with selling a hat without saying its duped. Honestly, i don't even check if hats are duped nor do i inform the buyer, unless they ask. If they ask i'll look into it and see if it is or not, but theres nothing wrong with not telling the buyer an item is duped. 

//just making a general statement as i don't know the details here

Yeah I understand what you're saying, here I was calling him out in the context of him being "naive", "honest" and "forthcoming", like saying he informed buyers that the hat was duped, well one is going to post soon, we'll see what he has to say. In the end, I've formed my opinion on him and I don't care much what other complaints he has to make otherwise soon enough I'll have to give him my hats to make up for the trouble he's in.

By the way, I too have chat logs:

1:39 PM - IrishPanda: i was specifically told to not say they were duped

1:39 PM - IrishPanda: so i didnt.

Why would they be banned?! I'm not even able to trade anymore?!

1. Please do not make trades with...
    • Anything that breaks Steam's, or any third parties' TOS, including account trading.
    • Raffles, paid or free.
    • Brokered items from banned users.
    • CD keys, game keys, gift codes, etc.
    • Irrelevant pictures attached or in notes.
    • Links to third-party websites, apart from relevant YouTube or image hosting websites.

1. Please do not make trades with...
    • Anything that breaks Steam's, or any third parties' TOS, including account trading.
    • Raffles, paid or free.
    • Brokered items from banned users.
    • CD keys, game keys, gift codes, etc.
    • Irrelevant pictures attached or in notes.
    • Links to third-party websites, apart from relevant YouTube or image hosting websites.

Only if he makes trades for them or offers it on others trades. He can sell them on bp.tf or bazaar or on every other site. Even if someone from outpost is adding him he could offer him the unusual in steam chat. :)

(We are talking about outpost obviously.)

But they didn't sell them on outpost.

As for me not informing the users about the duped hats, I didn't even sell them. I explained that the bicorne buyer already knew, and I said I would give the pickel owner a full refund if they felt hard done by.

Hey people, I dunno what is going on, but someone told me I just bought a duped hat :___:, anyways that swag guy told me to tell it here: so I bought p.energy pickel today for 2 buds + s.f.knife=total around 3.3 buds, fair qs price, and ye, guy selling it was just brokering for a friend, the guy who traded it to me was that irishpanda guy. I have no Idea about this otherwise, but ye, I just bought an unusual hat on unusualserver :___:

Hey people, I dunno what is going on, but someone told me I just bought a duped hat :___:, anyways that swag guy told me to tell it here: so I bought p.energy pickel today for 2 buds + s.f.knife=total around 3.3 buds, fair qs price, and ye, guy selling it was just brokering for a friend, the guy who traded it to me was that irishpanda guy. I have no Idea about this otherwise, but ye, I just bought an unusual hat on unusualserver :___:

You could have asked, you could have checked yourself?

Also there is an edit function, no need to double post.

Since he is the one who reported me, I'm going to go ahead and say that he had some part in the process. I immediately closed all trades to try and sort something out, but I've been banned regardless, without appeal.

As for taking responsibility, how am I realistically meant to do that? I ended up getting stuck with duped hats that I only bought because the price was low. I've explained myself as best I can already. I tried to explain that it wasn't obvious (at least to me) that the hats were stolen. I did my checks, I debated with the seller ad nauseum, and here I am in this situation.

My broker just contacted me saying that Swag has reported them on steamrep for selling duped hats, even though the buyers were aware of the duping (my broker informed me that they have chat logs confirming for the bicorne). I'm not blaming anybody else for anything, I'm just making statements saying that how I'm been painted is really unfair. I've asked my broker to contact the buyer of the pickel to see what his take is on the situation. If he feels hard done by, and genuinely didn't know it was a duped hat, I'm more than happy to refund him.

Sorry for dragging this on, but too me it looks like you're only sorry that you got caught. You are (seemingly) blaming Swag for getting you banned, as he reported (or was famous enough to get others to step in on his behalf) you which led to you getting banned.

Maybe I'm just naive. I started an unusual quickbuy thread on TF2OP a while back, and thought I had actually gotten lucky. The scammer was asking more pure than I had, and I repeatedly told him I wasn't interested. He kept lowering the price saying he was really desperate for pure, but I kept refusing as I was unwilling to pay. We must have negotiated for about an hour, and in his desperation he offered the price he did. I checked him out on steamrep.com and bp.tf before all this, and nothing looked bad anywhere. Just because people sell stuff for less does not immediately mean it's stolen, it could just mean they are genuinely desperate for money.

What about this: http://www.tf2outpost.com/item/440,2077731958

http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198065015011

You added and removed that account on November 10th.

He added me, he removed me, and he was unmarked at the time. Only after all this was user "GabenDura" marked on steamrep.com. I'm the one who made steamrep aware of the user as Swag thought initially that I bought directly from his account, which I proved on steamrep was not true.

Archived