Your political opinion about Middle-East

Curse Broken

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

all these kids saying "most are terrorists", parts of the middle east have a way higher university graduate percent than anywhere in the US

1 of the guys that flew the planes into the twin towers were on uni -_-

Degree doesn't matter. It's about how easily influenced they are.

This must be a news to most of the people here, but ISIS mostly consists of people born in western countries who joined the organization due to their similar beliefs as of Islamic State. While some of the recruits are originally Muslims, most of the members are Christians and people from other religions who were born and grew up in western countries.

Posted · Hidden by cleverpun, November 14, 2015 - off-topic/flame bait
Hidden by cleverpun, November 14, 2015 - off-topic/flame bait

and why do you hate all religion?

Believing in something that doesn't exist, and perform prayers to an imaginary creature, why would I be on board with such a fucked up way of living your life?

Believing in something that doesn't exist, and perform prayers to an imaginary creature, why would I be on board with such a fucked up way of living your life?

Because it makes them happy? If they are happy who are you to judge that a 'imaginary' creature makes them happy?

Because it makes them happy? If they are happy who are you to judge that a 'imaginary' creature makes them happy?

I don't care if they are happy, they're stupid individuals that need to rethink their life choices.

okay, first off, *tip*

there is no possible way to prove or disprove god, it's either you're raised into it, or you believe it, or you don't, it's either a feeling of love, passion, and belief, or you don't, nothing fucked up there, really

"perform" prayers, there's nothing fucked up there, really, it's paying the respects to the being that you believe in, sharing thoughts and thanking, I can see how it would be considered strange for those who aren't religious, but definately not fucked up, and again, imaginary, I can see how you'd say that from the outside, but really not fucked up

you might want to be respectful to religion, I fully respect your right to not be religious, but you should at least respect it for being the base that all cultures are built on; and, if you don't believe me, have you ever celebrated christmas, bought easter egg (both christian), dressed up for halloween (pagan / celtic), or celebrated any kind of tradition before?

side note, for the record, I'm a roman catholic

snip

Yes, I celebrate holidays like most, but I still do not believe in religion, only reason I celebrate Christmas is for meeting my family, not for celebrating some imaginary creatures birthday or whatever it means to some people.

Anyways, i'll jump off this train before it gets out of hand, I have spoken my opinion.

I don't care if they are happy, they're stupid individuals that need to rethink their life choices.

You just sound like a complete asshole. I am an atheist as well but the reasons that you hate religion are just stupid. You could have at least said something about religion causing homophobia and anti-women crap. 

Is being happy a suitable justification for believing in something that has not been proven to exist? Perhaps I should believe in the geocentric model of the solar system, and that all Germans are secretly Nazis, because being happy is suitable justification, right? As long as it's not evangelical or discriminatory then I don't mind if somebody practices religion but this is not always the case - it's their choice but it in no way should affect the decisions of others.

it's either you're raised into it, or you believe it, or you don't, it's either a feeling of love, passion, and belief, or you don't, nothing fucked up there, really

Exactly, very few people have the freedom to choose what they believe in or actually question their beliefs later in life, because it was drilled into them at an early age. If for some reason however, a person decided that they wanted to believe in x religion or simply found that agnosticism was for them after doing some research then that's fine.

Yes, I celebrate holidays like most, but I still do not believe in religion, only reason I celebrate Christmas is for meeting my family, not for celebrating some imaginary creatures birthday or whatever it means to some people.

second question, how worn out is your fedora?

you're still using religion, which I feel that means you should at least respect it, and christmas isn't the celebration of god, really, it's the celebration of jesus, who is not imaginary, whether you're religious or not, jesus christ was a real person who was recorded on the census, and was a carpenter, and did claim to be the prophet of christ, and was crucified, that much was a fact whether you're religious or not

why would that bother you, if someone is happy and enjoying themself, without bothering anyone around them, even if you disagree with them? would you rather they be sad?

and stupid, wow, stupid is a really strong word, and I don't think your shoulders are broad enough to carry it, the far majority of the most established, intelligent people were religious, to name a few;

einstein - jewish

edison - deist

all the ancient greek philosphers, scientists and mathemeticians - hellenic

tesla - orthodox

even darwin himself was a christian, along with the guy who came up with the big bang theory, religion is just a belief in a higher power and their doctrine in someone's mind, it doesn't effect intelligence

Is being happy a suitable justification for believing in something that has not been proven to exist?

Yes it is. Why should anyone question a harmless thing that makes somebody happy?

One could also say it's stupid to spend money on virtual items but that makes you happy? Same thing. Nobody here is judging you for that.

• Administrators

ISIS =/= middle east. How can one have an opinion about "the middle-east"? Huge variety of different countries, cultures, languages, religions, political issues, etc. Once again, a subject so broad as to be completely useless.

Middle East belongs to Middle Easterners, Europe belongs to Europeans. Keep each other out.

I'm both, so how does that work? :P

I own the middle east cause my dad's from there, europe cause my mum's from there and I married a north american... my kids are gonna inherit the earth man.

From a USA citizen POV:

We should get out and let what needs to happen happen. Our being there won't help anything, and we'll likely make it worse like we did last time. Cut our losses and get the fuck out, if another country wants to intervene let them, but we have no business there.

From a USA citizen POV:

We should get out and let what needs to happen happen. Our being there won't help anything, and we'll likely make it worse like we did last time. Cut our losses and get the fuck out, if another country wants to intervene let them, but we have no business there.

And all it takes is another Pearl Harbour/Twin Towers to get you right back in there. Yet when the enemy is the USSR it's a whole different story.

From a USA citizen POV:

It is a fair point however it isnt everyday where countries can help out France, who is a well developed nation with a lot of power it's most likely due to political reasons rather than "omg we need to fight terrorists" USA and a lot of countries just want France to owe them. Not to mention it's awesome public image. If this was an attack on a smaller nation no one would care e.g. the bombing in lebanon didn't even get on the news lol.

Another example was then Aussies went to "help" the US, citizens thought it was stupid had major backlash on that decision however before USA even decided to invade Aussies already put out a statement saying they would fully back USA up.

Islam was a religion founded and spread by war, and my personal opinion is that AS A RELIGION is is very violent. It states in the Koran for example that all non-muslims should be killed, and I feel this violence is reflected in the Middle East, and is coming to Europe.

I don't really have a opinion on the Middle East. Although the terrorist attack in France could have been reduced if there had been people with concealed carry handguns or a rifle/shotgun in their car.  As well if they we're aware of their surroundings.

Islam was a religion founded and spread by war, and my personal opinion is that AS A RELIGION is is very violent. It states in the Koran for example that all non-muslims should be killed, and I feel this violence is reflected in the Middle East, and is coming to Europe.

While I agree, Islam doesn't say "kill all Infidels" (it does, however, allow for and encourage Jihad, and it was founded by Mohammed, a glorified conqueror of the Arabian Peninsula). IMO, the US and EU should stay out of the Middle East unless a legitimate threat presents itself (i.e. a terror attack).

On the multiculturalism thing:  while it  has been semi-achieved in the US, Europe has a vastly different culture. For example, Hungary has denied refugees because they want to "keep Hungary Hungarian". While this is a movement in the US, it is a much smaller sect because of the United States' status as a melting-pot nation of immigrants (even if the majority of those immigrants are European, there is a fusion of different cultures from across the continent).

I don't really have a opinion on the Middle East. Although the terrorist attack in France could have been reduced if there had been people with concealed carry handguns or a rifle/shotgun in their car.  As well if they we're aware of their surroundings.

I disagree with this mainly because, even with this attack, gun violence in the US still vastly exceeds gun violence in France. While this attack could have been more limited if there were gun carriers in the concert hall, the cons outweigh the pro on carrying guns just based on lives lost on a whole. Also, quoting Trump usually doesn't go over well here lol.

I disagree with this mainly because, even with this attack, gun violence in the US still vastly exceeds gun violence in France. While this attack could have been more limited if there were gun carriers in the concert hall, the cons outweigh the pro on carrying guns just based on lives lost on a whole. Also, quoting Trump usually doesn't go over well here lol.

That's fine, but in my opinion carrying just works.

It is a fair point however it isnt everyday where countries can help out France, who is a well developed nation with a lot of power it's most likely due to political reasons rather than "omg we need to fight terrorists" USA and a lot of countries just want France to owe them. Not to mention it's awesome public image. If this was an attack on a smaller nation no one would care e.g. the bombing in lebanon didn't even get on the news lol.

Another example was then Aussies went to "help" the US, citizens thought it was stupid had major backlash on that decision however before USA even decided to invade Aussies already put out a statement saying they would fully back USA up.

I should clarify: I wasn't talking specifically about this recent incident, just in general. I don't think the US should interfere with ongoing problems between or within Middle Eastern countries, we just have no business there. But apparently many people want to "export democracy" to these countries if we have to kill every last citizen of that country to do it.

I don't think the US should interfere with ongoing problems between or within Middle Eastern countries, we just have no business there. 

I don't think we should let those people die and be terrorized.

Archived