Your political opinion about Middle-East

Curse Broken

I don't think we should let those people die and be terrorized.

But it's our interference that causes that terror. Every time the US invades a Middle Eastern country, instability and terrorism go through the roof.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But it's our interference that causes that terror. Every time the US invades a Middle Eastern country, instability and terrorism go through the roof.

So instead of actively solving the problem we should just ignore it, because removing ISIS as a threat would increase the scale of terror attacks for a few years at most. Letting them be would allow them to recruit more jihadis - the forces opposed to ISIS in the region aren't exactly winning currently.

What's being debated again?

All ya gotta know is that:

ISIS is shitty and less than 1% of Muslims are terrorists

The current US 'war on terror' was begun when Jesus died, and escalated when we went to war with the wrong fucking country

The "Middle East" includes Jews and Muslims, so don't assume it's just one

Anyone is capable of extreme terrorism

Did I say ISIS is shitty? I did? Well ISIS is shitty

So instead of actively solving the problem we should just ignore it, because removing ISIS as a threat would increase the scale of terror attacks for a few years at most. Letting them be would allow them to recruit more jihadis - the forces opposed to ISIS in the region aren't exactly winning currently.

If we could actually solve the problems then sure, I wouldn't be opposed to that. Unfortunately, "solving" the problems involve occupying countries that have no desire to work with us for 10+ years and at the end of our stay, the countries are in identical or worse positions and we've lost soldiers and money for nothing. 

I know you and other people like to think the US can solve every problem in the world and we should interfere whenever possible, but it's just not practical and we gain nothing from it. 

Yeah, basically. As I said, invading the Middle East causes more terrorism in the long-run, not less. While ISIS is recruiting Jihadis, they are by-and-large contained to Iraq and Syria (and as a "Caliphate", they operate more like a land-based country than a terrorist group, so less land = less legitimacy.) Because ISIS is contained, they can't expand and they lose all of their legitimacy.

Plus ISIS isn't solely "the problem". The real problem are the people in the Middle East who hate America's guts and want them dead (granted they are the vast minority) because we keep bombing them and invading them.

youre right, arabs cant handle democracy, they need a dictator

It's not that they can't handle democracy, it's that they aren't going to magically switch to a democracy by having the US bomb them or invade them and shove it down their throat. There's no reason the people of any Middle Eastern country couldn't have a rebellion and organically form their own democracy, but it's not going to happen with US intervention. Let them work it out for themselves.

• Administrators

it will not happen a long as islamic supremacy has a presence in the region

Iran is doing just fine (in this context.)

• Administrators

Many, many things.

(Hey, if you don't have to explain your statements, neither do I. Go learn about it!)

I'm speaking as someone who lives in a country in which there are a fuckton of Syrian refugees. More than France, more than Germany, more than anywhere else, we're the neighboring country to Syria, and Syrians form more than 3/4 of our ORIGINAL population. Lebanon.

On Friday, there was ALSO a terrorist attack made by SYRIANS in Beirut. 50 people died, tons more wounded and in critical condition, there have been a few martyrs from the part of the army to prevent more terror bombings.

I do not hate syrians as human beings. IF anything, I really don't give a shit outise of empathizing with them on the level that, yes, they lost their nation to some stupid political shit (that would be solved with their president's death in all honesty, I'm speaking as someone whose entire family IS with the president and his actins, but fuck, Assad should fucking drop out of presidency), but... Syrians need to check their fucking privilege.

What happened in France was fucking horrible, just absolutely terrible, and my condolences go to the affected families, a good friend of mine's girlfriend lost HER PARENTS in France due to the Syrians, and I've been emphathizing with the #PrayforParis movement in my own introspection more than on any network.

Syrians are like dead men. They have the privilege, yes, because when your fucking country is in the havoc of war and you're on the brink of famine, you have the privilege to be alive, to have countries like France, Germany and the likes to OPEN THEIR BORDERS to REFUGEES. Refugees are like the middle ground between a free, civil man and a dead victim of war. Your existence is a courtesy of others.

With that logic, one has to understand why I'm being so harsh on Syrians. Because they are given everything they fucking want (and are treated better than us Lebanese citizens...)(more jobs more opportunities less rules, support from the united nations FINANCIALLY, A FREE ROOF AND FREE FOOD, free immigration AND YES THIS IS A THING).

Don't feed me the 'poor syrian' logic. I do emphathize with what happened in Syria.

Please do not judge us on the acts of terrorists. I live in the middle east, and a lot of people sure are racist and discriminatory towards the US and France and the UK, but there are people who do not deserve to be judged on the majority's disgust for others... the xenophobia is terrible.

Syrians need to check their fucking privilege. All I had to say.

• Administrators

the islamic republic of iran has executed literally hundreds of people based on islamic law this year alone

Statistics say that number is lower.

USA has capital punishment too.

Next argument?

snip

Syrians and other - so called 'war'- refugees get food here (Belgium) as well.

If they go back when the situation in Middle East is under control, it's alright for me. Until then, they can stay. But honestly, I don't see that happening, after a travel of 3000 km.

Also, they go raping, bashing and complain about the food and householding or even completely refuse it.

No wonder people don't like them here anymore. They're afraid (and why not) that Europe will change into a second Middle East.

the us executes murderers

iran executes adulterers, dissenters, thieves, suspected foreign collaborators, etc

they are under a dictatorship, they do not have democracy, opposition to current rule are executed

• Administrators

the us executes murderers

iran executes adulterers, dissenters, thieves, suspected foreign collaborators, etc

they are under a dictatorship, they do not have democracy, opposition to current rule are executed

Oh? My family in iran don't agree, but I'll be sure to inform them that you know better.

What's being debated again?

All ya gotta know is that:

ISIS is shitty and less than 1% of Muslims are terrorists

The current US 'war on terror' was begun when Jesus died, and escalated when we went to war with the wrong fucking country

The "Middle East" includes Jews and Muslims, so don't assume it's just one

Anyone is capable of extreme terrorism

Did I say ISIS is shitty? I did? Well ISIS is shitty

So amongst ISIS there's muslims and jews? Well Hitler be mad about this. I was really expecting the majority of them being either middle east guys and some other people that wanted to join ISIS because they felt like it was fun in other countries, the jew part really caught me off guard.

So amongst ISIS there's muslims and jews? Well Hitler be mad about this. I was really expecting the majority of them being either middle east guys and some other people that wanted to join ISIS because they felt like it was fun in other countries, the jew part really caught me off guard.

No...The Middle East and ISIS are two separate things. 

It's asking bout my opinion on the middle east and it seemed like most people believed the majority are Muslims and ignoring the Jewish population

Which is why I brought it up

Archived