Europe is DESTROYING itself

0123847a;fsdaklf

the Syrian family, the Kurdis, were Doing fine in a Turkish town...

... Europe doenst need migrants

(1) that awkward moment you need to remind people for a second time Turkey is part of europe ...

(2) not migrants. refugees.

(2') That awkward moment someone argues Europe doesn't need refugees.

((I'm pretty sure NOBODY needs refugees.))

This polish man says that the migrants dont want to work and just want benefits

This polish man also refers to refugess as "human trash"

What person wouldnt want these people in their country?

Again, what's your solution? send them back to the warzone?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everybody being alike = less violence. Humans are more comfortable around people who share same values as them. These migrants do not take the values of Europe, just look at all the Muslims.

I think it's absolutely disgusting how these Muslims don't conform to Europe's lifestyle, instead they force their insanely stupid laws on everyone else: http://www.billionbibles.org/sharia/sharia-europe.html

I want everyone to be alive and safe, that starts out with people having the same values. To me it sounds like you would rather have everyone different over everyone being alive and safe...

You make it sound like multicultural nations dont exist... and everyone are horrible to each other because we dont have the same values...etc I live in aussie and you can walk down the street and everyone is of a different race you dont see us killing or hating on each other. You seem to have a very one directional thought which is essentially "i dont like change".

Also if you're talking about values...etc You do realise catholics/jews/muslims all basically have the same values? They all believe in the same god and everything is along the same lines... And the article you linked, you're telling me because of a few bad apples you want to essentially give the middle finger to human rights?

You know at school when that one idiot gets everyone in trouble? Thats how it is with muslims. A few bad apples ruin it for everyone.

I really hope you guys like reading .. 

Besides being called a jew a few times (because of me telling them that i sell some of my items to make profit ) there are rare instances of people that i trade with that insulted me based of the country i came for which is Romania, in which they proceeded in calling me a gypsy  :lol:.

Now of course when you hear of Romania you would automatically think either of Dracula or gypsies.  

In other parts of the world where the word gypsy would mean a fortune teller, tinker or a traveler, being called gypsy in here is a racial slur. The gypsies in which they are actually called the romani people are the lowest social stigma in our country, in which discrimination is very common. In fact, the romani people have been discriminated across the world for hundreds of years, there's even a term that i believe is called Antiziganism, they are characterized as being thieves, lazy and unhygienic

The common misconception that is happening is that the Romani and the Romanians have a very similar name. Every time you hear that a gypsy (romani) does something bad, you automatically think about romanians. We even proposed that they should have a different name in here so there won't be confusions about the names. Besides the name and the fact that we are one of the countries with the most romani people, there is no difference.

They could really take advantage of their discrimination and actively claim their ethnicity and promote it so people would actually question their stereotype. They don't want to do that because a lot of them just refuse to give out their ethnicity in fear of the backlash that they would receive. Their silence further enforces the stereotype against them because there's no one that can speak against it.

So do gypsies in here steal and live unhygienic ? Yes they do. You know why ? because we refuse to give them the same education and living conditions as we do to regular romanians, and because of that a lot of them live in poverty and being segregated.

Of course we do not actively pursue them and attack them, so there are quite a lot who live in equal conditions as regular romanians. Heck, i live in a neighborhood that has quite a number of romani in here and even have romani people as neighbours. While they are a little less social than you would expect, they are absolutely very polite people and occasionally they even share their excessive amount of food to us.

So would Romania be a better country if the romani wouldn't exist in it ? Yes it would. It would be better not because of the romani people themselves, it would be because all that effort that took us to hate the romani would be concentrated on everything else, and if we would've allow them to live equally, i can BET that our country would've been a better one than it is today.

There will absolutely be discrimination against muslims in Europe, and they are known of being very responsive when their culture is taken as a joke, however discrimination has always existed no matter what time you were born in. Muslims should not be treated better than the people that resides in the country, however they should also NOT be treated worse than them.

I cannot agree with the OP's opinion against the muslims. Not because of the opinion itself, but because you came to this form of statistical conclusion that completely forgot to mention a little detail, and that fucking detail is called basic human rights. I am sure that in time you would understand better, but in this current state of mind, you would make an amazing robot.

That's interesting. All I can say is you just changed my mind about a stereotype. :)

(1) that awkward moment you need to remind people for a second time Turkey is part of europe ...(2) not migrants. refugees.(2') That awkward moment someone argues Europe doesn't need refugees.((I'm pretty sure NOBODY needs refugees.))This polish man also refers to refugess as "human trash"Again, what's your solution? send them back to the warzone?

Heres a map

Less then 5% of turkey is in Europe. and less then 10% of its population

turkey_map.gif

The child that died going from turkey to actual europe was not a refugee they lived in turkey for 3 years before the recent mass migration.

Dunno where you live pudding, but immigrants can't claim benefits here (UK) until they've lived/worked here for a long ass time. My husband is an immigrant, as was my father. We had to prove we could support ourselves without needing any access to benefits before he was allowed to come here. We have to continue to prove it every 2 years (and at random if requested) until he gains citizenship. He can't claim benefits until he has a british passport (and he won't be doing so even then, but that's not the point.)

correct me if I'm wrong, but I imagine the situation with immigrants in countries like Britain are pretty different from those connected to the mainland and closer to the border. Obviously the Netherlands isn't super close either, but a boat ride for immigrants can be pretty inconvenient and lead to different perspectives based on where you are. I've been to London and know there are many islamic and indian people who have immigrated there, but I can't imagine that they're flooding into the country as fast as most others.

That's interesting. All I can say is you just changed my mind about a stereotype. :)

Regular gypsies are fine. The minority of illegal fly-tippers and squatters within the gypsy community aren't. I feel sorry for the rest of the community though, the squatters etc seem to be giving gypsies a bad name as a whole.

Heres a map

Less then 5% of turkey is in Europe. and less then 10% of its populationturkey_map.gif

The child that died going from turkey to actual europe was not a refugee they lived in turkey for 3 years before the recent mass migration.

I find it strange that the Greeks never retook Thrace/Constantinople, considering that it was an important Ottoman conquest.

If there are indeed some who use the Syrian crisis as a cover to get out, then they should simply be deported back to Turkey. Refugees should be prioritised over economic migrants, and if it is the case that the child's parents were from Turkey, than quite frankly that's disgusting. Trying to impersonate a refugee and take their place in Europe is horrible thing to do. Turkey itself is quite authoritarian and their PM is an idiot from what I've seen, but it doesn't compare to the horrors of Assad/ISIS. We have limited resources (it costs to refurbish empty homes) should be focused on genuine refugees.

Speaking of ISIS, if it collapses it's likely that an autonomous "Kurdistan" will arise, and the Kurds seem to be more liberal towards women, religious violence etc.

correct me if I'm wrong, but I imagine the situation with immigrants in countries like Britain are pretty different from those connected to the mainland and closer to the border. Obviously the Netherlands isn't super close either, but a boat ride for immigrants can be pretty inconvenient and lead to different perspectives based on where you are. I've been to London and know there are many islamic and indian people who have immigrated there, but I can't imagine that they're flooding into the country as fast as most others.

There's a huge queue to get in via Calais currently. For some reason they'd rather climb onto a Eurostar than stay in France or apply for asylum.

• Administrators

They're fleeing war, not poverty. They don't want bottled water and food packages from armed police who are trying to herd them into slum-like camps with disgusting conditions. They are trying to get to countries where they can actually start real lives and work. What you are seeing in that video is the result of Hungary refusing to let refugees pass through it's country, instead trying to force them into shitty camps. Do you not know what a hunger strike is? Try to actually do some research instead of just blindly accepting whatever propaganda is thrown your way.

Yup. Most of you want these guys in your country. You pay taxes to provide resources to these bastards and they throw it away.

Again a 2 min video is not a accurate representation of their situation. You do realise they are trying to escape war and instead they are treated like dirt by the Hungarian police denying them entrance with many thrown to jail with many beaten up, made fun of and literally starving them until it would be a breach of human rights that they have to provide water and food packs? That is a video of them blocking entrance to their country they dont want food packs or water they want to have a life not thrown in a stupid camp.

You really think that the hungarian are offering them food because they are nice but because they are horrible immigrants without a shred of gratitude would prefer go days without food and water? Wtf really? if you do think this then I can't help you.

Educate yourself before your stupidity shows even more. Instead of jumping to conclusions research why they acted like they did.

Less then 5% of turkey is in Europe.

Your point? The fact it gets include in statistics (like, the percentile of islam in in europe, or popular boys names in europe), the fact that it might join the EU, etc ...

The reality of the matter is that Turkey is considered part of Europe. That less then 5% of the country is situatated above the Bosporus, apparently, doesn't matter.

But even more to the point, you said "they were doing fine in Turkey ... europe doesn't want them" ... as if Turkey wants a million refugees??

But instead of trying to hate, how about we hear your solution to the problem?

So would Romania be a better country if the romani wouldn't exist in it ? Yes it would. It would be better not because of the romani people themselves, it would be because all that effort that took us to hate the romani would be concentrated on everything else, and if we would've allow them to live equally, i can BET that our country would've been a better one than it is today.

While I'm not too familiar with the impact of gypsies in Romania, I'm actually not quite sure of that.

Problem is - that people always are looking to put the blame somewhere. It's not because if the romani weren't there, people wouldn't hate ... they would simply hate an other group. That, of course, could have much more devistating effects.

Of course, it could also have less devistating effect, but my point was that sociology is a bit more complex then 'take a way the hated, the hatred disappears'.

Europeans struggled to fight off muslim invasions, and now, we help them to cross over our borders, and give them free food and housing, etc.

This situation will become more and more critical, and if european nations don't take strict measures to stop the immigration-invasion, it will end in a civil war.

Sadly, this is what some insane persons planned for Europe, and our political leaders are doing it on purpose (I don't mean all of them, but some).

And I think it will happen as I can figure it out while reading some of the comments here, and the average reaction of people.

Most of europeans will let their political leaders set up a mess, call it solidarity or whatever like this, and will deplore the consequences when it will be too late.

Europeans struggled to fight off muslim invasions, and now, we help them to cross over our borders, and give them free food and housing, etc.

This situation will become more and more critical, and if european nations don't take strict measures to stop the immigration-invasion, it will end in a civil war.

Like others, you're talking about immigration. the problem isn't immigration - it's refugees.

So, as with others, I'll ask you your solution?

• sending them back to the warzone?

(both inhumane, and factually against the law)

• letting them stay but not giving them anything?

(this obviously would lead to huge waves of crime, as people tend to value not starving)

• letting them stay but having to work?

(opening the floodgates for anyone to get in your country and - as some people put it - steal your jobs)

Complaining that the current solution isn't good - it childish; There *is* no good solution.

I'm not going to take a side here, but I will say Obama is letting 10,000 Syrian refugees into the US. 

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/11/world/middleeast/obama-directs-administration-to-accept-10000-syrian-refugees.html?_r=0

There's not much side to be taken in that: Exremists of one end of the spectrum will say that's too much, exremists on the other end of the spectrum will say poitn out virtually nothing.

Me,, 'm glad. Previous numbers said

- Canada: 2,374 (August 2015)

- Brazil: 2,077 (August 2015)

- United States: 1,500 (March 2015)

With 10K, I'm glad that they set a positive example (while on the other hand, for the people who fear for their social values, 10K people will make a difference for a country as big as the US)

Like others, you're talking about immigration. the problem isn't immigration - it's refugees.

• sending them back to the warzone?(both inhumane, and factually against the law)
  • letting them stay but not giving them anything?(this obviously would lead to huge waves of crime, as people tend to value not starving)
  • letting them stay but having to work?(opening the floodgates for anyone to get in your country and - as some people put it - steal your jobs)
Complaining that the current solution isn't good - it childish; There *is* no good solution.

What seems unusual to me is that it appears that a large portion (but not all) of the refugees are young men around graduate age. Are they fleeing the draft (a legitimate reason - I'd be wary about using conscription even in dire circumstances)? Are they economic migrants? Do Muslim countries have a disporoportinate amount of young men? Or is there another reason?

What seems unusual to me is that it appears that a large portion (but not all) of the refugees are young men around graduate age. Are they fleeing the draft (a legitimate reason - I'd be wary about using conscription even in dire circumstances)? Are they economic migrants? Do Muslim countries have a disporoportinate amount of young men? Or is there another reason?

From what I find, the syrian refugees that cross the mediteranian sea is indeed 7-3 men vs women, while the middle eastern ratio is about 50/50. The "problem" isn't the ratio of refugees in total - but only those of traveling to europe. One reaspon might be that the travel is long, dangerous & expensive.

• Stuff like cultural difference between men & women, or crimes like rape, can prevent women wanted to take the risk
  • some having the plan that one person of the family takes the dangerous journey, and then lets the rest of the family travel a safer/legal path once accepted in the country

• sending them back to the warzone?

(both inhumane, and factually against the law)

• letting them stay but not giving them anything?

(this obviously would lead to huge waves of crime, as people tend to value not starving)

• letting them stay but having to work?

(opening the floodgates for anyone to get in your country and - as some people put it - steal your jobs)

I am going to be provocative, sending them back to the warzone.

I explain why : You listed 3 solutions, but there are many others, or many ways to precise it.

-> It is not a good solution to let these immigrants stay in Europe. Why ?

* A vast majority of immigrants are muslims. They have a very far different mentality from the european one

(and every european has a specific mentality from one another).

* We don't want to become a minority in our countries, as christians, agnosticists, atheists, etc.

* Many of immigrants are healthy men, why don't they defend and fight for their countries ? Have they even a patriotic spark ?

Does it mean they don't care about their own countries, their families, wives, children, etc ? Do we want to welcome this kind of individuals ?

* Economic situation is becoming more and more critical, and social issues are aggravating.

Can we pay them free stuff like food or housing ? Many countries have a colossal debt and cutting in every social expenditure. Do we suddenly no longer care about debt ? We can't give them a job, because our unemployment is high and if we give them a job, it will be to the detriment of native persons. Is it responsible to create new social tensions among european societes and generate racism, violence,etc ? Will immigrants really get a job ? Maybe they prefer not to work and benefit from social helps. Or maybe companies don't want to hire persons that can't speak our language, or have a different behaviour/mentality from us ?

Culturally, socially and economically, it is not a viable solution and it will only create the ingredients for a civil war in Europe, in countries that already suffer from the economic crisis, the political impasse, multicultural issues or identity crisis.

-> Why should we send them back to where they come ?

* Because they don't necessarily come from on-war countries, contrary to what media told us constantly :

Many immigrants don't take boats and cross over the mediterranean sea, but come from Turkey.

Is Turkey an on-war country ? it depends on how you argue, but depending on the areas, you can have a decent life there.

Many of the immigrants that are in Hungary, left Turkey and entered Europe by Bulgary. 

* Their previous host countries are culturally closer to their mentality /religion.

* Many other rich countries can welcome these migrants, and are culturally closer, such as Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Dubai, Koweit, etc.

* Because, if they are not disabled persons, they should fight for their countries and not leave their families alone.

* If we welcome these migrants, others will arrive, and it will be increasing since the real problem is not solved.

-> What is the solution ?

* Help these persons go back to where they come and help them build a stable country.

* Stop financing terrorist organizations such as Al-Nosra (which is a branch of Al-Qaeda).

* Take severe measures against countries such as Turkey who is helping ISIS behind the scene.

Saudi Arabia was helping too, it seems they stopped it, but other arabic countries still do.

USA are playing a very bad role in destabilizing the region, for geopolitical purpose.

* Support countries that fight against ISIS and protect minorities, such as Syria.

* Help to develop economically middle east countries so as to grant better stability.

* Stop listening to media that misinforms and insists on emotion rather than on rationality.

Don't read news from mainstream press agencies, such as Reuters, Associated Press or others (such Agence France Presse for french), 

or at least, keep in mind they are dependent from the hand who feeds them, and so, they are partial : whether it is a private or state owner.

I am going to be provocative, sending them back to the warzone.

You're not being provocative. you're being wrong.

As already pointed out, one doesn't even need to argue morality - only the law. A refugee has the right not to be send back to a warzone.

Try again.

Stop listening to media that misinforms and insists on emotion rather than on rationality.

See, the problem though, is that the best suggestion you can come up with is against the law.

So, you don't get to play the "I'm rational, the others are emotional" card.

Don't read news from mainstream press agencies, such as Reuters, Associated Press or others (such Agence France Presse for french), 

or at least, keep in mind they are dependent from the hand who feeds them, and so, they are partial : whether it is a private or state owner.

I would advive you the opposite: actaully get yourself informed on the situation of the war, because well, to put it politely, some of your solutions are signs that you're not.

Secondly, those are long term solutions. Non do I see having effect in the next year.

Long term solutions aren't the problem (well it is a problem, but not the problem at hand).

Archived