Europe is DESTROYING itself

0123847a;fsdaklf

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Europe's just experiencing the Melting Pot the Americans did centuries ago. While it will change some aspects of the culture as all the various groups of people intermix and assimilate, it will certainly not destroy the continent.

Might have been tear gas. It's early, I dunno. You definitely fired SOMETHING at 'em.

As far as I know, we were firing those things at our own people after the Hungary vs. Romania football match.

its almost as if they care for other people

BLASPHEMOUS

Encouraging people to travel via human traffickers in shitty boats is suicidal. However, adopting a policy of turning away everyone who is not a genuine refugee and offering to pick them up in decent boats at the Turkish border if they agree to be processed is sensible. I find it amusing that the majority of refugees are fleeing to European countries, not other Muslim ones. Then, instead of being extorted by traffickers, they can spend money on useful things, such as food.

Unrestricted immigration put immense pressure on services such as the NHS in England - not every country can afford to house 800,000+ migrants. Legitimate refugees of course should be accepted and perhaps the houses of those who traveled to join ISIS can be given to them.

And yes, some of them are simply economic migrants - one man left behind his entire family in Syria.

In this year alone over 300 thousands immigrants (not refugees!) have come to Germany to stay.

''More than 350,000 migrants were detected at the EU's borders in January-August 2015''

So not just germany, that's a major difference

COME TO AUS WE Got HEAPS OF SPACE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Actually there's probably a ton of space in the majority of the ex-USSR states, particularly the ones located on the steppes.

Europe's just experiencing the Melting Pot the Americans did centuries ago. While it will change some aspects of the culture as all the various groups of people intermix and assimilate, it will certainly not destroy the continent.

Sure

Europe has been a melting pot of cultures for millenia.

Not like the melting pot he is talking about or in the video. The video shows what immigration does in this day.

Encouraging people to travel via human traffickers in shitty boats is suicidal. However, adopting a policy of turning away everyone who is not a genuine refugee and offering to pick them up in decent boats at the Turkish border if they agree to be processed is sensible. I find it amusing that the majority of refugees are fleeing to European countries, not other Muslim ones. Then, instead of being extorted by traffickers, they can spend money on useful things, such as food.

Unrestricted immigration put immense pressure on services such as the NHS in England - not every country can afford to house 800,000+ migrants. Legitimate refugees of course should be accepted and perhaps the houses of those who traveled to join ISIS can be given to them.

And yes, some of them are simply economic migrants - one man left behind his entire family in Syria.

the 'encouragement' to 'suicidally' escape your war torn nation is not the fault of those who offer refuge.  you find it 'amusing'? you have a fucking shitty sense of humour if it includes finding that funny. where the fuck is 800,000+ coming from? the uk has thus far taken somewhere under 300 syrian refugees. also the fact that you travel alone does not mean you are an economic migrant, and i would go as far as saying that i don't give two fucks if people are economic migrants or not.

our wealth is built on the backs of those who cannot share in it because of immigration controls and that to me is inherently immoral.

''More than 350,000 migrants were detected at the EU's borders in January-August 2015''

So not just germany, that's a major difference

also a huge difference between 'detected at the borders' and 'allowed into the EU'

the 'encouragement' to 'suicidally' escape your war torn nation is not the fault of those who offer refuge.  you find it 'amusing'? you have a fucking shitty sense of humour if it includes finding that funny. where the fuck is 800,000+ coming from? the uk has thus far taken somewhere under 300 syrian refugees. also the fact that you travel alone does not mean you are an economic migrant, and i would go as far as saying that i don't give two fucks if people are economic migrants or not.

Yes, it is. Instead of actualy sending boats to help the migrants at the Turkish border, they are simply offering a place to stay, which means more and more migrants will risk their lives by paying money to shady human traffickers who then use shoddy boats (nobody wanted to take the rohingya people who fled Burma and so many died due to the consequences of trafficking) . Germany is expected to take up to 800,000 refugees, and Merkel wields a lot of influence within the EU. As for why they choose to come to Europe, well, it's like a second version of the "American Dream".

These migrants will put even further pressure on services such as the NHS, and the unrestricted immigration during the late 90's - ~2010 has already caused problems. Maybe we'd be in a better position to take refugees if this were not the case, but even still the only people I'd accept would be those who want to find a job and integrate with our society (rather than demanding that we conform to theirs, and no this doesn't mean they can't still have their own sens of identity) or genuine refugees from Syria.

. also the fact that you travel alone does not mean you are an economic migrant, and i would go as far as saying that i don't give two fucks if people are economic migrants or not.

Except instead of taking his family with him to Europe, this man decided to abandon them or simply send them money (which is highly unlikely to end up in their hands anyway). Europe does not have the space or funds to take a ton of migrants at the moment, there are other countries with vast expanses of unused land. Like I said earlier, if the situation was different we could afford to be more lenient.

countries should deny changes immigrants want to the country they are immigrating to. ex. schools shouldn't have to allow headscarves or not serve pig meat in cafeterias. if immigrants don't like their original country, they should have the decency to adapt to the society they are joining. they are not special snowflakes and should not be treated as such.

countries should deny changes immigrants want to the country they are immigrating to. ex. schools shouldn't have to allow headscarves or not serve pig meat in cafeterias. if immigrants don't like their original country, they should have the decency to adapt to the society they are joining. they are not special snowflakes and should not be treated as such.

but why should schools be allowed to ban headscarves? you don't have to be an immigrant to wear a headscarf. it's not a vital part of my country's culture and identity that NOBODY CAN WEAR HEADSCARVES.

Yes, it is. Instead of actualy sending boats to help the migrants at the Turkish border, they are simply offering a place to stay, which means more and more migrants will risk their lives by paying money to shady human traffickers who then use shoddy boats (nobody wanted to take the rohingya people who fled Burma and so many died due to the consequences of trafficking) . Germany is expected to take up to 800,000 refugees, and Merkel wields a lot of influence within the EU. As for why they choose to come to Europe, well, it's like a second version of the "American Dream".

These migrants will put even further pressure on services such as the NHS, and the unrestricted immigration during the late 90's - ~2010 has already caused problems. Maybe we'd be in a better position to take refugees if this were not the case, but even still the only people I'd accept would be those who want to find a job and integrate with our society (rather than demanding that we conform to theirs, and no this doesn't mean they can't still have their own sens of identity) or genuine refugees from Syria.

Except instead of taking his family with him to Europe, this man decided to abandon them or simply send them money (which is highly unlikely to end up in their hands anyway). Europe does not have the space or funds to take a ton of migrants at the moment, there are other countries with vast expanses of unused land. Like I said earlier, if the situation was different we could afford to be more lenient.

i have no issue with the idea of offering migrants transport and i have no intention of defending the profiteering human traffickers who put a quick buck above the lives of their passengers. i'm saying that we can afford to have these migrants much more than we can morally allow ourselves to force them to stay in refugee camps.

pressure on the NHS is not exclusively due to population, and there is no set limit to how many people the NHS and other services can provide for. if the government hadn't horrendously mismanaged it for the last decade or so, it would be in much better shape to perform its duty of care to all citizens. right up to now there are private sell-offs and outsourcing and contract awarding and general fuckups (frequently by the private firms contracted to do the managing).

You're saying it's bad to agree with Trump in some of his views?

No, I'm pointing out that, at least from a european perspective, it's incomprehencable how a guy who's obviously all hat & no cattle can score highest amongst the GOP candidates. As such - again from our perspective - there's a solid degree of irony a republican saying "It's unbelievable people are supporting destroying their own country.".

America seems to be doing fine and IIRC most of it's population aren't natives to the country.

I think I read something about the difference of assimilating people in the two (America and Europe). It was in a book (The Tesla Formula iirc), saying that America has the capacity to accept immigrants and incorporate them into the community without "destroying" the culture because the culture of America is literally a blend of culture. On the other hand, Europe has a harder time doing this because culture is divided into sects or something.

I just can't with this thread. You people make me want to weep (not all of you.)

https://theburningbloggerofbedlam.wordpress.com/2015/08/28/the-migrant-crisis-simplified-for-idiots-and-xenophobes/

You can't win a thread by showing us sob stories. Yes, I read that link you gave us, and it is only sob stories I see. Barely anything to do with political numbers. 

• Administrators
Posted · Hidden by puddingkip, September 8, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by puddingkip, September 8, 2015 - No reason given

You are a bad person, and I am blocking you now.

Posted · Hidden by puddingkip, September 8, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by puddingkip, September 8, 2015 - No reason given

You are a bad person, and I am blocking you now.

You won't benefit keeping yourself in a bubble of your own opinions. You should try to read what you oppose, I've changed my opinions a couple of times by doing this. 

Archived