Who is worse

Python.

American Soldiers do that daily, just sayin'

No. No they really don't.

I'm actually pretty well-known around here for my anti-American standing, and I certainly do not think the US military is without fault. US soldiers have done awful, disgusting things in the past. But nothing that the US military has ever done comes close to systematical, industrialised ethnic cleansing. The Nazi's killed 6 million Jews and roughly 11 million other unwanted minorities for the sole 'crime' of not fitting his ideals of genetics. You can not seriously tell me the US has done anything even close to this. The closest guess I could make are the Atomic bombs on Japan. Which were awful, possibly unnecessary and something that should never happen again. But it's not even on the same level as the Holocaust.

And the US these days does from time to time cause civilian casualties, and maybe they should be more careful. But never have civilians been the sole and primary target of an action, these military actions have always been aimed at military targets. 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No. No they really don't.

I'm actually pretty well-known around here for my anti-American standing, and I certainly do not think the US military is without fault. US soldiers have done awful, disgusting things in the past. But nothing that the US military has ever done comes close to systematical, industrialised ethnic cleansing. The Nazi's killed 6 million Jews and roughly 11 million other unwanted minorities for the sole 'crime' of not fitting his ideals of genetics. You can not seriously tell me the US has done anything even close to this. The closest guess I could make are the Atomic bombs on Japan. Which were awful, possibly unnecessary and something that should never happen again. But it's not even on the same level as the Holocaust.

And the US these days does from time to time cause civilian casualties, and maybe they should be more careful. But never have civilians been the sole and primary target of an action, these military actions have always been aimed at military targets. 

Heh, they should be much more careful then. USA Drone Strikes have killed more civilians than targeted terrorists. 

• Administrators

There is a difference between not giving a shit about civilian casualties (the US) and actively targeting civilians (the nazis.) Both are awful, but they are not the same thing.

ISIS is bae, you just need to embrace the jihad.

On a serious note, SIS exists because the USA thought it would be wise to kill Hussein. Little did they know that he fingered all of the Islamic *wannabe* terrorists and all of them were calm and docile, due to said extreme fingering regime.

The Nazi's killed 6 million Jews and roughly 11 million other unwanted minorities for the sole 'crime' of not fitting his ideals of genetics. You can not seriously tell me the US has done anything even close to this. The closest guess I could make are the Atomic bombs on Japan. Which were awful, possibly unnecessary and something that should never happen again. But it's not even on the same level as the Holocaust.

If I may, I would like to disagree on that. Yes - the nuke was a horrible thing, but people forget that this was done in a different mindset of warfare. Back then, they didn't look at civilian casualties the way we look at it now. But even then, I would argue that the firebombing of Tokyo was more mallicious (by current day standards) then the nuke.

But on the other hand, the japanese did terrible things in china as well; the germans ended up killing over 3 million of the russian POW's, etc ... Different times, ya know.

If you're looking for a compareable event the U.S. did, I would persume it were the japanese internment camps (as likewise, it targeted it's own civilians for being different)

True, not the same thing in it's entirety, but same agenda at the end.

third reich - islamic state

True, not the same thing in it's entirety, but same agenda at the end. Power power power.

Isn't power every human desires? It's the same for everyone, just even in a more extreme case for Hitler. And let's face it, what kind of authority nowadays doesn't want power and rule over lesser citizens. The U.S government is a good example.

Isn't power every human desires? It's the same for everyone, just even in a more extreme case for Hitler. And let's face it, what kind of authority nowadays doesn't want power and rule over lesser citizens. The U.S government is a good example.

I wouldn't say it's every human desire, it's definitely not mine, but there's no denying the more you have of it, the easier it is to abuse. 

If you're looking for a compareable event the U.S. did, I would persume it were the japanese internment camps (as likewise, it targeted it's own civilians for being different)

The funny thing is the most decorated US unit was full of Japanese-Americans.

The funny thing is the most decorated US unit was full of Japanese-Americans.

*nods* sadly that didn't stop them from returning home only to find themselve being treated as second rate civilians

ISIS is worse. Hitler did a lot to help Germany's economic state and overall make it grow as a country. Unfortunately, he killed a lot of people. ISIS on the other hand, they are not helping anyone.

ISIS is worse. Hitler did a lot to help Germany's economic state and overall make it grow as a country. Unfortunately, he killed a lot of people. ISIS on the other hand, they are not helping anyone.

Oh, and for the people who continue to think Hitler saved the German economy - Hjalmar Schacht under Gustav Stresseman started the process. Then Schacht later worked for Hitler, but was edged out eventually by Goring (who did not understand economics and just wanted to implement the 4 year plan) who was backed by Hitler (who disliked Schacht's reluctance to increase production of military equipment). The German war economy was one of the worst in Europe - it was simply held together by successful economists during the late 1920's and 30's.

Some people seek peace

Others seek happiness

Others seek power

Others seek control

What every human being seeks is a philosophical question that doesn't have one answer only

What every human being seeks is a philosophical question that doesn't have one answer only

to reproduce ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

"who was worse"

everyone is equally evil in my eyes. you cant say youve never told a lie. we slaughter animals for food. others hunt animals for the fun of it. i realize that im comparing animals to humans, however you cant deny that we take and consume lives everyday. if you have the ability to slaughter pigs and shit, theres nothing wrong with killing humans. 

"who was worse"

everyone is equally evil in my eyes. you cant say youve never told a lie. we slaughter animals for food. others hunt animals for the fun of it. i realize that im comparing animals to humans, however you cant deny that we take and consume lives everyday. if you have the ability to slaughter pigs and shit, theres nothing wrong with killing humans. 

Humans are classified as animals. Hunting and kill for survival is the way of life. You can't really change that. Killing for sport or power is wrong. 

Humans are classified as animals. Hunting and kill for survival is the way of life. You can't really change that. Killing for sport or power is wrong. 

ye i know. but you can also kill humans to survive on. 

What needs to be cleared up is:

Hitler did not leave a positive, lasting impression on the German economy. Sure he helped the country recover from steep depression post WW1. However he did so, by investing every worker, material and intellectual into the military. He essentially made Germany a warstate. Once Germany eventually lost the war, the entire economy plummeted even worse than before as there were no social or economic programs in place to stop the backlash that the defeat caused.

Archived